+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accessing iOS files from within App

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I've been around the jailbreak seen a while and have had my share of tweaks that do things SO close to what I want, but not exactly what I'm looking
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Accessing iOS files from within App
    I've been around the jailbreak seen a while and have had my share of tweaks that do things SO close to what I want, but not exactly what I'm looking for. So, I've decided to make my own. However I've run into a slight problem... How do I access an iOS System file from inside my app? I'm looking to load a plist file from the system, back it up, change it, and put it back.

I only really need help on accessing it. I'm sure I'll be able to piece together the rest.

Is there anyone that would be willing to give me a hand? I've written a couple of small apps that my family uses on their iPhones (flashlight, podcast feed player, etc) so I know my basic way around code. I'm using xcode. Don't know if that matters for system access..

We can either chat here, via e-mail, or private message.

Thank in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

So looking at the root files and stuff. Go into cydia and get iFile. Its a paid app and worth it. I'm sure it's what you are looking for.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply, I do have iFile and it is well worth it. However, what I am looking to do is access a particular file inside my app. For Example: I would want my app to grab a copy of the .strings file that has the "Slide to Unlock" line in it, change the text to the user desired text than save it and put it back. Something along those lines...