Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How to] create iOS apps in Windows using Visual Studio

Post [How to] create iOS apps in Windows using Visual Studio
    I can't remember if I announced it here, after a quick search looks like I didn't, so here goes.

For those who like to work on Windows with Visual Studio, I developed a tool suite to help you build iOS apps within your favourite environment.

You build NATIVE iPhone apps, not web apps, and the software automatically generates .ipa and .deb files ready to be distributed.

Check it out at iOS Build Environment for Windows by Pierre-Marie Baty

There's a free demo version that you may want to test out. I hope you like

(note: I know there are cheaper methods to compile stuff on Windows. My solution is aimed at those who don't want to waste ages configuring complicated stuff and who want something that just works out of the box. Not all of us are Unix nerds.)
    http://www.pmbaty.com/iosbuildenv/ - iOS Build Environment to develop iOS apps in Visual Studio.

Thanks! As a visual artist (and code-illiterate) it would be nice if there was a simple program that just has some kind of drag/ drop functionality. Like if I want to put a background in, I would just hit a button, select the image, then place it. Or if I want to add text, just hit the add text button, then select font/ color/ etc.

I've found these "build your own app" websites, but they all want to send your creation directly to Apple to be approved. I'd rather just have the program, create the very basic app, then have it cough up an .ipa directly on to my hard drive.

I'm envisioning kind of a Dreamweaver for iPhone apps. Do you know of anything that exists like that?

j.

Started the demo up and It looks very interesting. Now if only I knew some more code.

I wish this was more on my level....small basic..

How did you get the header files for the built-in APIs?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    How did you get the header files for the built-in APIs?
    You mean the private APIs ? They have been extracted from the framework binaries using class-dump, then tweaked together by me when adjustments were needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty View Post
    I can't remember if I announced it here, after a quick search looks like I didn't, so here goes.

For those who like to work on Windows with Visual Studio, I developed a tool suite to help you build iOS apps within your favourite environment.

You build NATIVE iPhone apps, not web apps, and the software automatically generates .ipa and .deb files ready to be distributed.

Check it out at iOS Build Environment for Windows by Pierre-Marie Baty

There's a free demo version that you may want to test out. I hope you like

(note: I know there are cheaper methods to compile stuff on Windows. My solution is aimed at those who don't want to waste ages configuring complicated stuff and who want something that just works out of the box. Not all of us are Unix nerds.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I think such a news deserves a bump.

Major update of the build env: now supports Visual Studio.

Yes, you can compile your iOS apps directly within Visual Studio ! Visual C++ Express (Microsoft's freeware version of Visual Studio) also works.

Check it out! Same address: iOS Build Environment for Windows by Pierre-Marie Baty
    Hey Pierre!
    by the bye,
    what would be the best place to discuss (possible) GPL violations in your "iOS Build Environment" project?
    I'd prefer PM or forum- to keep it open (and friendly)
    I recognize this (MMI forums) may not be the most advantageous- have you any better suggestions?

Thanks a bundle!