Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Devteam wifi fix on iPod touch 2g MC model..

Default Devteam wifi fix on iPod touch 2g MC model..
    Hey folks, first post here, hoping someone might help.

I'm trying to fix the greyed wifi issue on my 2g iPod touch MC version. It's kind of a long story but someone updated to iOS 4.2.1 and now my wifi is greyed. I'm pretty sure its not a hardware issue, tried the low battery and freezer fixes to no avail.

I originally jail broke it with greenpois0n on a Mac but didn't have Cydia because gp just adds an installer and no wifi means no Cydia. So after ******* around quite a bit I ended up using sn0wbreeze on a PC which was handy because it installed Cydia and SSh and some other handy stuff.

What I do is download .deb files and transfer them to the Cydia auto install folder with iphonebrowser or a Mac equivalent. I've got bootneuter and terminal setup, but here comes the first problem. Bootneuter closes and says it can't talk to the bootloader, possibly due to a commcenter collision (unloading commcenter as described in the swif insert tins doesn't help, I've also tried turning off auto lock as was suggested).

I tried to chmod swifi and kill the commcenter and proceed as if fake blanking went okay and I get this error;
    Wifi fixer blah blah etch....
    /dev/TTY.debug: no such file or directory
    Debug port no opened
    can't write
    Error 0xffffffff

So I'm stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with MuscleNerd or can point me in his direction I'm surf he's busy but I'd love his help. Any info o n any of is would be awesome

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adoreDope View Post
    Hey folks, first post here, hoping someone might help.

I'm trying to fix the greyed wifi issue on my 2g iPod touch MC version. It's kind of a long story but someone updated to iOS 4.2.1 and now my wifi is greyed. I'm pretty sure its not a hardware issue, tried the low battery and freezer fixes to no avail.

I originally jail broke it with greenpois0n on a Mac but didn't have Cydia because gp just adds an installer and no wifi means no Cydia. So after ******* around quite a bit I ended up using sn0wbreeze on a PC which was handy because it installed Cydia and SSh and some other handy stuff.

What I do is download .deb files and transfer them to the Cydia auto install folder with iphonebrowser or a Mac equivalent. I've got bootneuter and terminal setup, but here comes the first problem. Bootneuter closes and says it can't talk to the bootloader, possibly due to a commcenter collision (unloading commcenter as described in the swif insert tins doesn't help, I've also tried turning off auto lock as was suggested).

I tried to chmod swifi and kill the commcenter and proceed as if fake blanking went okay and I get this error;
    Wifi fixer blah blah etch....
    /dev/TTY.debug: no such file or directory
    Debug port no opened
    can't write
    Error 0xffffffff

So I'm stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with MuscleNerd or can point me in his direction I'm surf he's busy but I'd love his help. Any info o n any of is would be awesome
    I had the same problem on my iPhone. I've read that the update somehow fries the wifi chip in some models. It's a hardware issue if you've tried restoring already...

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.