+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g 4.2.1 06.15bb Stuck In Recovery Mode After Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi Ive searched the internet high and mighty for a solution and everything ive come across so far is either too badly worded to work out or not helped at
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g 4.2.1 06.15bb Stuck In Recovery Mode After Jailbreak
    Hi Ive searched the internet high and mighty for a solution and everything ive come across so far is either too badly worded to work out or not helped at all.
    My current problem is that i have an iphone 3g 4.2.1 on 06.15bb jailbroken and unlocked.It was working fine but very laggy.So i wanted to rejailbreak it in the hope that it would correct the slowness.I accidentally hit restore on itunes and it went 75% of the way in completing to restore then error 1015 came up on itunes. I have tried to rejailbreak using redsn0w but after the pinapple screen loads away on my iphone and it reboots back to the recovery mode screen. I have tried using iReb but to no avail.Any help would be appreciated and i can provide more details if necessary.
    Thank for your time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since you have 6.15.00 BB, you can't simply restore in iTunes, if you do, you'll get the Error 1015. Kick it out of recovery mode with TinyUmbrella. If that doesn't work, use greenpois0n to jailbreak, not redsn0w with this one. After the jailbreak, if it doesn't fully load, kick it out of recovery mode with TinyUmbrella again and it should work, most likely.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Go download iREB from ih8sn0w to fix the 1015 error code. It will restore your device, but it will unbrick it. Don't try to update/restore your iPhone anymore since you're on the 06.15.00 baseband, because you will always encounter that error.
    Last edited by reVain; 03-16-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll need a custom firmware with that baseband. You can't restore to a stock firmware unless it is below 4.2.1.

If you're having performance issues, you'd want to consider disabling multitasking and wallpaper. Create a custom firmware for 4.2.1 with Sn0wbreeze and disable multitasking and wallpaper. Just restoring alone won't help your performance as that's just the nature of iOS 4 on iPhone 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nakeyjakey View Post
    Hi Ive searched the internet high and mighty for a solution and everything ive come across so far is either too badly worded to work out or not helped at all.
    My current problem is that i have an iphone 3g 4.2.1 on 06.15bb jailbroken and unlocked.It was working fine but very laggy.So i wanted to rejailbreak it in the hope that it would correct the slowness.I accidentally hit restore on itunes and it went 75% of the way in completing to restore then error 1015 came up on itunes. I have tried to rejailbreak using redsn0w but after the pinapple screen loads away on my iphone and it reboots back to the recovery mode screen. I have tried using iReb but to no avail.Any help would be appreciated and i can provide more details if necessary.
    Thank for your time.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Hi
    I have exactly the same issue like yours. Did you manage to fix your iPhone? do you care to share ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had same problem with my 3G and BB 6.15.

I just create CFW using Pwnage. Enter DFU mode into iTunes. Hold shift button and klik restore. Point your browser to desktop (CFW located). After restoring finish, it will show iTunes logo and USB cable. Use Tyniumbrella to exit this recovery mode.

Hoping this helpfull

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by master737373 View Post
    Since you have 6.15.00 BB, you can't simply restore in iTunes, if you do, you'll get the Error 1015. Kick it out of recovery mode with TinyUmbrella. If that doesn't work, use greenpois0n to jailbreak, not redsn0w with this one. After the jailbreak, if it doesn't fully load, kick it out of recovery mode with TinyUmbrella again and it should work, most likely.
    its a 3g boss you can downgrade and upgrade it from 3.1.2 until 4.2.1 firmware all you have to do is set your hosts file to cydia...

Quote Originally Posted by harcabs View Post
    i had same problem with my 3G and BB 6.15.

I just create CFW using Pwnage. Enter DFU mode into iTunes. Hold shift button and klik restore. Point your browser to desktop (CFW located). After restoring finish, it will show iTunes logo and USB cable. Use Tyniumbrella to exit this recovery mode.

Hoping this helpfull
    in 3g you can upgrade and downgrade it without using custom firmware...
    Last edited by lbd2005; 03-30-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

With the 6.15.00 bb you need a custom 4.2.1 fw. Anything below can use stock so long as you exit recovery with TU after error 1015.

You cannot upgrade or downgrade on an iPhone 3G without SHSHs for iOS 4. Without SHSHs you may restore to 3.1.x as much as you'd like.