+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Solution to fix iphone 3g,3gs 4.2.1 with (new boot rom) recovery loop fix 1000% no bs

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So if you have the Ipad baseband please follow these steps to get your phone back up. This method is for the Iphone 3g and 3gs users with the 4.2.1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Solution to fix iphone 3g,3gs 4.2.1 with (new boot rom) recovery loop fix 1000% no bs
    So if you have the Ipad baseband please follow these steps to get your phone back up. This method is for the Iphone 3g and 3gs users with the 4.2.1 update and baseband 6.15 Ipad. You do not need the shsh files if you didnt or forget to save them.

Edited: Dont need to restore to custom firmware first

Please have these files downloaded when starting:
    1. 4.2.1 original firmware
    2. 4.2.1 Custom firmware 3g or 3gs
    3. Redsnow 0.9.6b6 (For your computer)
    4. And a full working brain

Ok here we go

Step 1: Open redsnow and choose the Original 4.2.1 firmware and after verifying click on enter pwnd DFU mode then do the process.

Step 3. open back up itunes and point to the Custom firmware and let it install. You will not get any errors but the phone will go back to recover loop. PLEASE LISTEN WHEN I SAY THIS YOU CAN USE TINY UMBRELLA OR ANY OTHER EXIT RECOVERY PROGRAMS IT WILL NOT WORK. So please save your time and do the method im going to explain. Some Iphones will do but the people who cant get out of it do the next steps.

But do this carefully.
    Unplug the phone when it is still on the recovery screen. hold the power button until it turns off. Then turn it back on and you will get the apple logo wait for a bit and you will see the bar under it and you will get back to the emergency screen.

If you need files let me know right now i only have the 3gs files thank you
    Last edited by streetz25tl; 12-27-2010 at 08:18 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to streetz25tl For This Useful Post:

Xiaopangzi (12-26-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,114 Times in 6,945 Posts

If you have a custom firmware that has no baseband update in it you wont be left in recovery after restoring to it. It will restore just fine (as long as you entered pwned dfu first). You also dont need to go through the trouble of restoring to a regular 4.2.1 firmware and getting the error 1015 first if you have this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    If you have a custom firmware that has no baseband update in it you wont be left in recovery after restoring to it. It will restore just fine (as long as you entered pwned dfu first). You also dont need to go through the trouble of restoring to a regular 4.2.1 firmware and getting the error 1015 first if you have this.
    thats for the people on the old bootrom the method this is referring to the (new bootrom.

The 3g 3gs with the new boot rom (without saved shsh files will be in the restore loop and stay that way. My method will get out of it

Thanks

Nope, works for people on new bootrom too. They just need to use redsnow to boot tethered first before they can open cydia.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,627 Times in 5,902 Posts

streetz25tl, trust me, x98car knows what he is talking about. Follow his instructions and you will be fine.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Simon (12-25-2010), streetz25tl (12-25-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    even the people with the ipad baseband !! cause i know the people without the ipad baseband your method does work but this is for people on 4.2.1 firmware new bootrom and ipad baseband

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by streetz25tl View Post
    thats for the people on the old bootrom the method this is referring to the (new bootrom.

The 3g 3gs with the new boot rom (without saved shsh files will be in the restore loop and stay that way. My method will get out of it
    Also iPhone 3G are all old bootrom.

btw not trying to come down on you, just sharing information

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    streetz25tl, trust me, x98car knows what he is talking about. Follow his instructions and you will be fine.
    i know thats the method for the non ipad baseband but this is for the ones with the ipad baseband 3gs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by streetz25tl View Post
    even the people with the ipad baseband !! cause i know the people without the ipad baseband your method does work but this is for people on 4.2.1 firmware new bootrom and ipad baseband
    A custom 4.2.1 firmware with no baseband update in it will work for new bootrom, old bootrom, iPad baseband, all other basebands (for those on 5.13.04 or lower who want to preserve baseband to unlock).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Dom4509 (12-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    but this is for 6.15 baseband people updated through redsnow. Cause the other forum I came from and many people had the same issue with the 4.2.1 firmware (3gs confirmed some tried with 3g and worked), new boot rom and (Ipad 6.15 baseband)
    My solution has been tested and working just fine on 3gs new boot rom dont know about 4
    Last edited by streetz25tl; 12-27-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks

I just said my way will work on phones with iPad baseband (6.15). Btw that post #5 describes my exact method. Enter pwned dfu with redsnow, restore to custom 4.2.1 firmware (no baseband update in it). On 3GS you need to run redsnow again to install cydia but on a 3G this step is not needed. And obviously on a new bootrom redsnow must be run again to boot tethered for cydia to open.

You also may want to take that link down as it has a direct link to a custom firmware in the first post, which is against this forums rules.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    But i thought i would share it but it can be taken down if needed to just wanted to help out the ones who has tried everything to get their 3gs and 3g up on 4.2.1

Thanks

You can PM people the link for a custom firmware here, but cannot post it directly in a thread.

I commend you wanting to help people and am not saying your method wont work. Just saying it can be done faster and easier my way

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yep, x98car has got it right. You don't need to take the extra step to restore and get error 1015 again. You just need to do the pwned DFU via Redsn0w and then restore to a non-iPad baseband custom firmware. Like x98car said, works on any device stuck on 4.2.1 recovery mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile Extremely Grateful and Relieved!!
    A million thanks, streetz25tl! Iím finally able to achieve tethered boot after two days and three nights of struggling with all of my various jailbreak apps and custom firmware files as well as the original firmware repeatedly downloaded from Apple. Something about your longer procedure added the one element necessary to make it successful, even though x98carís shorter procedure should logically work despite failing for me after repeated attempts.

Iím deeply indebted, as I was pretty sure that Iíd have to wait for a while until redsn0w and/or TinyUmbrella found a solution to the problem induced by the custom iPad baseband on the iPhone 3G S with new boot ROM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Xiaopangzi For This Useful Post:

streetz25tl (12-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can u send me the custom firmware plz

Can i plz get the custom firmware
    Last edited by Dom4509; 12-27-2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Custom firmware for 3gs right.. If so pm me

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You can PM people the link for a custom firmware here, but cannot post it directly in a thread.

I commend you wanting to help people and am not saying your method wont work. Just saying it can be done faster and easier my way
    Yea it is just wanting to go into a deeper detail if people are still getting errors so there phone can get on the emergency call screen

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaopangzi View Post
    A million thanks, streetz25tl! Iím finally able to achieve tethered boot after two days and three nights of struggling with all of my various jailbreak apps and custom firmware files as well as the original firmware repeatedly downloaded from Apple. Something about your longer procedure added the one element necessary to make it successful, even though x98carís shorter procedure should logically work despite failing for me after repeated attempts.

Iím deeply indebted, as I was pretty sure that Iíd have to wait for a while until redsn0w and/or TinyUmbrella found a solution to the problem induced by the custom iPad baseband on the iPhone 3G S with new boot ROM.
    Thats really good to here just thought I share it with the community here since its helped alot of people from other post on different sites
    Last edited by streetz25tl; 12-27-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My theory is that the reason that xtreetz25tlís more circuitous route worked while x98carís shorter version wouldnít is that the former made it possible to turn the iPhone off, which no amount of pressing of the Power button or a combination of the Power and Home buttons would accomplish.

Unfortunately, the success was fairly short-lived, though. Tether booting seemed to work after three attempts each time, a few times a dayóthe first presenting a white screen, the second presenting an off-center split screen with inverted colors, and the third attempt restoring the correct screen with normal colors and functionality. If the iPhone is untethered for about 20 minutes, it becomes totally dead and needs to go through the same series of three tethered boot attempts with redsn0w. The thing that bothered me is that the appearance of those screens reminded me too much of my past PowerBooks, iBook, and MacBook Pro whenever the motherboard was melting from overheating, presenting video-related problems.

Well, now, I canít progress past the white screen, but it is now possible to turn the iPhone off by holding down the Power and Home buttons for a few secondsóunless that's just putting it in DFU mode. iTunes indicates that the iPhone is in recovery mode sometimes but doesn't sense any connected device at other times.

Finally, the more worrisome matter is that any attempt to restore now fails in iTunes with a 28 error, indicating a hardware problem, PwnageTool.app claims that the selected firmware bundle is incorrect (maybe because the baseband had recently been flashed with the iPad 06.15 version), so no custom firmware can be created anymore, and redsn0w claims to be successful each time with a "Done!" message and a Finished button, but nothing other than a white (or more accurately, a very light gray screen with faintly perceptible colorful streaks and blotches) screen.

Having flashed the baseband to a non-iPhone version, Iím sure Apple wouldnít even consider replacing this refurbished iPhone this time, since I've effectively voided the warranty. Yet, I'm pretty sure the hardware is sufficiently problematic to make future versions of redsn0w and PwnageTool.app ineffectual.

Thanks

I have not had any issues using my method. And to be perfectly honest, the OP method does not make much sense. Some of the things being done have no reason to them. If done correctly and with the right tools my method works 100% as laid out here: [How To] Fix 1015 error after updating to iPad baseband and trying to restore

Not too sure why your iPhone is having problems booting tethered but I have seen one other person complain of these exact issues. You are right error 28 does usually mean hardware issue (battery maybe?). Not sure why that would just pop up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaopangzi View Post
    PwnageTool.app claims that the selected firmware bundle is incorrect (maybe because the baseband had recently been flashed with the iPad 06.15 version)
    Iím not sure why I wrote the above clause, because I knew while writing it that the state of the iPhone (baseband version and the like) would have nothing to do with PwnageTool.app, since the creation of custom firmware is independent of any iPhone and is accomplished completely on the Mac itself. I also intuitively knew that PwnageTool.app probably only handled pre-4.2.1 firmware, which I confirmed soon after posting that update by successfully creating custom firmware with an 4.1 or 4.0.1 IPSW file downloaded again from Apple.

Still, none of this helps me with my now inescapable error 28 recurrence, which prevents any type of restoration via iTunes. Well, actually, attempted restoration to 4.1 firmware triggers a 1600 error, and 4.2.1 firmware restoration attempts always trigger a 28 error.