Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Im totally new here, where do i find Tutorials and stuff like that?:)

Default Im totally new here, where do i find Tutorials and stuff like that?:)
    Hi, my name is Joey, i'm from Germany.
    I scripted some QBasic and LUA a little time ago and it was pretty fun.
    I also did alot of stuff around Jailbreaking and ssh, until my Cydia Icon disappeared one day:P
    and i was too lazy to jailbreak again, because then all my stuff used to be gone... music, games, notes...
    But now i did again and NOTHING GOT LOST! WOW
    so yeah, i want to script some stuff for the iphone/ipod, like all the things you get on cydia. I'm tired of "only using them"
    My ipod is almost empty, i just got around 100 songs, no videos, 50 pictures and the rest of the 8GB are Games and Jailbreak stuff
    So yeah...
    I just want to see some tutorials how to script for the ipod (no applications, i tried that before and i didnt get anything because there are no tutorials on windows... I found out how to script, but i got no clue what to do with it:P

I hope you guys can help me out and give me some advice where to look

So i downloaded some stuff like "ldid" (with L, not i), c compiler (i needed libgcc for that, found fake-libgcc and installed it),"make", and the toolchain 2.0.
    I also downloaded a "helloworld" example, but i couldnt compile it because it got an error with "UIScreen", saying its the first use of this function... And at the end error1.
    So i got no clue what to do... I did all of this on the ipod terminal, just got windows, no mac:P
    could someone help me? Do i have to downgrade to Firmware 2.0 so it works?
    Last edited by JJooeeyy; 12-06-2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life

There are many programming tutorials available. I started by reading everything I could find from Jay (saurik, author of Cydia). Lots of useful info on Cydia's home page. Never found everything in a single link, like most things, it took hours of research. The best advice is google is your friend

So do you script on your Windows, too? Or on your Iphone/ipod Touch?
    Or do you only script on mac?

Okay, im trying to set up Linux on my computer since 2days:P
    but i got confusing errors, it says it cant find a package, i ignore, it cant find the next one either and so on... And there are more then 1200 packages and i got tired of clicking, so im trying it again with downloading.. But 4.7 gb takes some time...
    Last edited by JJooeeyy; 12-08-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Not trying to doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    New York

Start simple. Object Orientated programming is nothing like QBASIC and LUA scripting.

Learn something simple like Java if you dont have a Mac and get used to classed. If you have a Mac, download XCode and start learning Objective-C from the ground up.

Jumping into full development with no OOP experience is gonna get you right into trouble and frustrated.