Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to make a new theme

Default Trying to make a new theme
    Hey, I'm trying to make a new theme, but I have absolutely zero knowledge of programming whatsoever. All I can do is make pretty icons and such. So, here's the question. I want to combine some of the programming from various themes such as Iphone 7 White, Windows 7 theme, nineOS, sevenOS, etc. However, all the icons and basic layouts and stuff will be my own creation. I'll just be USING aspects from their themes to complete my own, such as the animated lock screen and such.

I originally intended this theme to be created for myself only. However, a friend really liked it, and she recommended that I share it with the world. If I give every theme credit in my forum post in big bold underlined letters, would that be OK?

I don't want to compromise anyone's hard work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would say ask permission from the creators first so there is no beef in the future. I would love to see what you came up with all those themes btw

Do you know how to SSH into your iDevice? If not: OpenSSH | Apple iPhone School
    I'm not going to go into detail on that here.
    Basically, SSH into it, using your IP address. Username: root password: alpine

Then, go /Private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/YourTheme.theme
    That'll be where all the juicy goodness is.
    Then, make a new folder in Private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/
    Drag and drop all the stuff you want in there.

SIZES:
    icon: 57x57 (I like transparent backgrounds done in Photoshop/GIMP/whatever)
    wallpaper/lockscreen: 320x480

Yeah, so if you need any help check out this site: Home - Good Inc.

Themeing is hard! you cant just do stuff and expect it to look nice, I tried to make a theme for the ipad once and failed I then quit and knew themeing wasnt for me...ofcourse you need to know all the ui stuff and a whole bunch load of things like names, size, and etc. I look at those amazing themes out there like alien dusk, nineos, sevenos and just drop my jaws because I have no Idea how the creaters do such an amazing job, and you really need to be an awesome photo shopper(photoshop) to make themes, GOOD LUCK!! your gonna need it....

atheleticswimmer is right. It's not easy. My suggestion for learning what things are called and their sizes are from other themes. That's how I found out the slide to unlock icon was named bottombarknobgray(:

Just SSH into the theme and bam.

Check out: http://www.goodincorp.webs.com and contact them. Say you learned from them on MMI or something.

Enjoy(: