Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: XCode on windows?

Default XCode on windows?
    Is there a guide about on how to get XCode on windows vista? I've tried using the search but I can't find anything could someone point me in the right direction.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealTylerRau For This Useful Post:

Antdog303 (11-24-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,559 Times in 7,112 Posts

There is no xcode for windows AFAIK. Apple wont allow it.

I was told you could use a vm I would tri-boot it like I'm doing with Vista and XP right now but I'm already low on memory as it is anyone else?

Thanks

Your question probably should have been how to setup a hackintosh or a virtual mac then.

I still must go the same route to install xcode why ask two questions when only one is required

Thanks

You need OSX to install xcode so obviously that would be the first thing to figure out. Once you get that installed then you need to sign up for a developer account and download and install xcode.

The dev account to download XCode is free BTW.

No you cant get Xcode on a pc. Unless you hackint0sh. But I hear VB is kinda the same? But desktop applications? Idk check it out it's a free download

Cant you just use VMware to create a virtual computer and install it there???

That's what I've done

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    Cant you just use VMware to create a virtual computer and install it there???
    VMware is to get PC on Mac, I do believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong because if that's how I get Mac onto a PC, that'll save me some $$$(:

Get a used mac mini cheap and easy + You get a better machine

I currently am running osx 10.6.5 in virtual box. I took the lifehacker instructions for installing osx on there hackintosh and with a little changing I got it to run in virtual box. Everything works except for the sound but that isn't necessary. I have it using 4gb of ram and it runs pretty well with only slight lag.

Hope this helps,

Ryan
    Even if I didnt help you please click thanks :X