+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modmyi Won't Accept My Package

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Modmyi repo is being so annoying. I am trying so submitted 6 packages. 1 free and 4 paid. They refuse to publish it. Descriptions of Denied Package Face3G (Paid) Use
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Modmyi Won't Accept My Package
    Modmyi repo is being so annoying. I am trying so submitted 6 packages. 1 free and 4 paid. They refuse to publish it.

Descriptions of Denied Package

Face3G (Paid) Use Facetime on 3G : They want proof that I made it???

Google Tools (Paid) Great Google Client for iOs : No reason givin but said would allow a free submission.

iAdKiller (Paid) Kills iAds : Said they don't host Ad killers.

Invisible Folders (Free and Winterboard Theme) : Said there is to much of that on Cydia???

Stupid Tweet them @modmyi and tell them to start accepting J Sweeney ( Twitter: @jsweeney800) Packages

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J Sweeney View Post
    Modmyi repo is being so annoying. I am trying so submitted 6 packages. 1 free and 4 paid. They refuse to publish it.

Descriptions of Denied Package

Face3G (Paid) Use Facetime on 3G : They want proof that I made it??? (Obviously you made it. The fact that you submitted it should be proof enough.)

Google Tools (Paid) (allegedly) Great Google Client for iOs : No reason givin but said would allow a free submission.

iAdKiller (Paid) Kills iAds : Said they don't host Ad killers. Damn their principles!

Invisible Folders (Free and Winterboard Theme) : Said there is to much of that on Cydia??? (MMI clearly failed to recognize that yours were better than the other junk themes out there)

Stupid Tweet them @modmyi and tell them to start accepting J Sweeney ( Twitter: @jsweeney800) Packages
    ok, i'm pretty new to the twitter world but I'd like to help. Just tell me how do I Stupid Tweet?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just type @modmyi somewhere in your message and they will receive it

Look at this email I got from Modmyi. I will be switching to BigBoss

"Hey, got your tweets.

Figured I'd get you an email with a fuller explanation so you can see what our reasoning was.

Google Tools - paid. You had submitted a collection of 4 (I think 4) UIWebViews using someone else's websites as a paid package. You'd need permission from Google to pay for access to their packages, which of course you wouldn't get. A simple collection of UIWebViews should not be a paid package.

Face3G - paid. I asked you to provide proof this was your code, and you responded with something I didn't understand. "I would I provide proof?" didn't make sense to me, and seemed to suggest you may not have written this code from scratch.

Invisible Folders - free. If there is already a package in Cydia that does something, yes, we reject them. There was already a package that did this.

iAd Killer - paid. This is offensive to the many devs who spend a healthy amount of time creating packages and use iAds to support that. I equate this to warez, which we also deny.

So, in essence, yes, all these packages were rejected, and it looks like correctly so."
    Last edited by J Sweeney; 09-24-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

I think the e-mail quote says it all

Case closed

Thanks

I dont see any problem or reason to make an thread, all the answer is there so whats the point?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

Not defending the apps here, seem useless to me but
    90% of cydia and 99% of AppStore is redundant useless or just plain ridiculous.
    Adkiller is offensive to you so YOU won't allow it? This place is crawling with offensive. Apple thinks cydia is offensive. Adblockers are very common, it's not warez. How many crappy redundant themes are there on cydia?
    Oh and Richard offends me.
    Last edited by floppy_joe; 10-03-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks

Meh

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't see any problem with their reply. I'd be more annoyed by the fact that their repo is down 50% of the time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    Not defending the apps here, seem useless to me but
    90% of cydia and 99% of AppStore is redundant useless or just plain ridiculous.
    Adkiller is offensive to you so YOU won't allow it? This place is crawling with offensive. Apple thinks cydia is offensive. Adblockers are very common, it's not warez. How many crappy redundant themes are there on cydia?
    Oh and Richard offends me.
    Not all offensive apps are without merit,
    not all offenses are equal,
    not all repos are your own private sandbox.

But, the repo you run yourself (or you and a few of your friends), IS your private sandbox.
    Apple makes the rules for the AppStore.
    They'd probably like to make the rules for Cydia, too, but they don't.

Saurik (& co) make the general ground rules for Cydia, but they don't run the MMi repo.
    The main rules are that everyone else plays nicely with eachother, and follow a few cooperative guidelines.

MMi runs the MMi repo. They don't make the rules for Cydia, or the AppStore.
    I don't think they want to (I could be mistaken).
    MMi's repo maintainers may have a horribly unfair and bigoted/biased/narrow-minded/parochial/etc/etc view of what constitutes
    permissible and impermissible offensiveness, but they get to make the rules for MMi's repo because they run it.

Taking a stand against a tiny, insignificant class of offensive apps and drawing a line in the sand
    could be seen as hypocrisy, but could also be heroic.

There are sites out there, whose sole funding and support comes from banner ads they depend on, that still encourage their users to use ad-blockers for privacy, security and peace. Admins are... understood to make sacrifices for the greater good of their users, but I prefer to let the people who know stuff make the hard choices, and fight those battles they see as necessary. No fun at all when the grubby users get to dictate 'the rules' and the admins still get to do all the work

10. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

floppy_joe (10-03-2010)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

green apple? well i like those apples

lol, i just noticed that broomhead "superModerator" who made the comment

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Meh
    which means, Indifference; to be used when one simply does not care.

removed my reply of "Oxymoron"

so either A. he thought I was calling him a name.
    2. He is against free speech
    but C. his removing it just proves the he wasnt indifferent after all

Now if I were you I would respond to this by just saying "Meh" again, that would be funny. Instead you will probably just remove this.

So seriously, A mod can be rude and tell someone Meh, or "who cares" but then turn around and delete a post that was a simple word oxymoron,
    which means a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.” or "making an effort to type meh"

i dont expect you to understand. if it werent so sad it would be funny
    Last edited by floppy_joe; 10-03-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (10-03-2010)

Thanks

I now understand. Thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone aaauustiinnn's Avatar
    Thanks

Face3g? Hahaha

Thanks

BTW, MMI uses iADs in their appliaction. And you want to kill it!?

Thanks

Ads kill us. Oh and I submitted a paid package tht is a sd and retina display capable clear lockscreen with everything you see but the statusbar (for visibility issues) will they accept it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Make your own repo - case closed

Thanks

Frick no acception. Mmi is the worst. They are people who are such righteous Heroes who think that they can do whatever they want and crush someones dreams. Well I am livid. First they make me wait 2 days over what they said would be the longest time to process. If that wasnt enough they didn't accept my package because they claim there is such a thing for free. You know what? There isn't. No other clear lockscreen supports retina display. No other clear lockscreen has a 100% clear lock background. Well it's their loss.