Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to increase memory on iphone 3g?!?!

Exclamation Any way to increase memory on iphone 3g?!?!
    hey everyone, today i present a question that i long thought about. last year, i had an ipod touch, 16GB. the 16 gigs of memory is really what i needed, enough space to fit all my music, movies, and apps. this christmas (09-10) i got a 8GB iPhone 3G. i love it a lot, but i cant even fit all my music on it. so after doing a lot of research on the internet, i turned to the hacker community for help. i do know things about electronics, but not much about the anatomy o the iphone. I was thinking that my only hope of upgrading the memory of my phone would be to take out the *8GB hard drive of the phone and replace it with a 16GB hard drive that probably could be purchased online. any help you could provide? or any draw backs? or any reasons that it wouldn't work? thank you for your help!
    I AM GUIATR.
    currently using iPhone 3G hoping for iPhone 4G

^GO THERE ^

You would probably end up messing up both the iphone and the ipod. sell them both and get a 16gb 3gs. just my 2.

Oh, and memory is RAM, space or "hard drive" (even though it's flash mem) is what you are referring to.

Twitter: @tshoults

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

AlexanderCollins (03-23-2010)

Yea i would do that but my aunt is paying for my service (and my phone) is she learns that i sold mine to get a newer one she would be pissed. thanks through
    I AM GUIATR.
    currently using iPhone 3G hoping for iPhone 4G

^GO THERE ^

If your aunt bought your iphone and is paying for your service, I would be happy if I were you. She would probably be more pissed if she found you screwed it up by taking it apart.

Twitter: @tshoults

Haha yea she also bought me apple care so thats $80 down the drain

dude, just be contented with what you have and don't screw up anything till you can actually afford to buy a replacement yourself