+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iphone 3.1.3 with tethering click here

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok I am making this thread because I know how frustrating this whole 3.1.3 jailbreak has been. I have seen a million questions on this so I would like to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Smile Jailbreak iphone 3.1.3 with tethering click here
    Ok I am making this thread because I know how frustrating this whole 3.1.3 jailbreak has been. I have seen a million questions on this so I would like to try to help people.

First off about my phone:
    -I am on ATT
    -I have a iphone 3GS with old bootrom
    -Baseband 05.12.01
    -Had ssh hashes backed up on cydia
    -I have been able to get everything back on my iphone except inspell for some reason but includes tethering via MYWI

Just like a lot of people I saw the new update in itunes and was a donk and decided to upgrade. I instantly regretted that decision as soon as I did it. From there on I made it my goal to get my jailbreak back. I tried numerous things and this is what worked for me. I am not claiming to be an expert on this. Everything I have done I have found online and just followed instructions.

1). Downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2
    Downgrade iPhone Firmware 3.1 to 3.0 I used this link to do this. The only difference is I used Blackrain to jailbreak not redsnow.

2). After I did this i noticed I had no service. I tried many things including that iRecovery crazyness but could never get it to work.

3).Since I was at 3.1.2 with no service I decided to just use Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak it back up to 3.1.3 when it came out. If you need instruction on how to do that just google it. I used sn0wbreeze v1.3 to do this. I know there are updated ones now but I have had no problem with this so I stuck with it.

4). After I did this I tried to download rock and other applications including MyWi and every time it would not let me. So again I was frustrated because I love Rock and I want tethering.

5). I decided to try to downgrade to 3.1.2 again and try to get service. I tried everything and nothing I did would get me service.

6). Frustrated, again I upgraded to 3.1.3 again using sn0wbreeze because I figured I would rather be somewhat jailbroken and use cydia (which I really don't like anymore since using ROCK) then not be jailbroken at all. So I stuck with this for a couple of days downloading things I had before (winterboard, app flow, and ect.) still disappointed about not having Rock or MyWi. Then yesterday just for the heck of it I searched for MyWi in cydia and tried to download it. To my surprise it downloaded MyWi and Rock! I opened rock and it worked perfectly. It still says DO NOT UPGRADE TO 3.1.3 but everything on it works. The only application that does not load is inspell. I'm not sure why but I don't really care.

-I am not sure if this is a fluke or if I did something crazy but this is what worked for me. Again, I am not an expert at this and everything I have done I have found online and used some common sense (i.e step 3).

Hope this helps!

If you have any questions please let me know. I will try to help out. Also, if you do this and it works let me know as well. Thanks
    Last edited by iFone_Inpho; 02-15-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

FYI I just the standard 3.1.2 OS for the restore NOT the custom file. This may have been why I didn't receive service when I was at 3.1.2. Let me know if you try the custom and it works.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

iRecovery didn't work for you because you are on windows 7. You need to use XP to get it to work. I went through the same problem but was successful with XP SP3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so we can't run iRecovery in compatible mode on W7?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

nope

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i recovery works on w7
    yes u can! i did, and got my 3gs with the new boot rom downgraded and working perfect on 3.1.2 besides the stupid tethering jailbreak i gotta do after my phone dies. but hey i rather do that then not have my phone being jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poolshark49 View Post
    yes u can! i did, and got my 3gs with the new boot rom downgraded and working perfect on 3.1.2 besides the stupid tethering jailbreak i gotta do after my phone dies. but hey i rather do that then not have my phone being jailbroken
    care to share the steps you took?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

WTF does this have to do with SDK stuff?

MyWi works with 3.1.3, what a shock. 3.1.3 was not a drastic OS upgrade, and it didn't break compatibility with any apps that I had installed when I upgraded.