Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hello Some Help Please

Default Hello Some Help Please
    Ok so i want to start to develop some apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch. What books or help could someone who has been developing or knows how to develop give me. Such as what books to buy, websites or just advice thanks in advance.
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

1) If you are new to C and Objective-C, I would recommend "Programming in Objective-C 2.0" by Steve Kochan. (Read this first - it is a very good overview of Objective-C) The author also hosts an online forum at Forum for Programming in Objective-C 2.0, which has an excellent community of fellow readers and answers to the progression of problems in the book. Additionally he hosts a free online Webinar called "Writing iPhone Applications".. along with other fee based Webinars.

2) Another great resource is "Beginning iPhone Development - Exploring the iPhone SDK" by Dave Mark and Jeff LaMarche. There is a new second book out by Mark/LaMarche, called "More iPhone Development". Both are excellent.

3) As others will, no doubt attest.. the standby book (although not specifically written for the iPhone) is "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X" by Aaron Hillegass.

Good luck - hope some of this helps.
    Last edited by Cityhues; 02-08-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: URL was screwed up and typo

Ok thanks i will look into those book.
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cjgonzales1900 For This Useful Post:

Gman00567 (02-11-2010)