+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with a used iphone

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I just recently bought a phone from ebay and it is already unlocked and jailbroken but im scared if i sync it with itunes it will detect that its unlocked
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Need help with a used iphone
    I just recently bought a phone from ebay and it is already unlocked and jailbroken but im scared if i sync it with itunes it will detect that its unlocked and screw my phone up.

i know when i connect it to itunes to not update it because my phone wont be unlocked anymore but i want to put information into so i can get new apps. Whenever i want to add new apps like the facebook app it shows the old users email address and asks for a password.

Can anyone help with my problem. If so it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks. Sorry if its a little confusing, if you need a little more clearing up i will try my best! Thanks again.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When you plug it in and sync it will replace the old iTunes info with YOUR iTunes info so you can buy and sync apps. No worries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    iTunes isn't going to detect anything, go ahead and sync it. iTunes will probably ask if you want to transfer purchases or erase and sync, you'll have to pick erase and sync, and it will erase all the applications on it and sync with the ones on your itunes, an iPhone can only be synced with one iTunes library. Transfer purchases will only transfer applications that you've bought on your account.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face iphone 3g case in gameyeeeah
    does anyone buy something from gameyeeeah??? and i just want to buy a iphone 3g case as a gift to my nephew. can u give me some ideas, any comments will be appreciated.