Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Never did programming but have a few good ideas for some apps.

Default Never did programming but have a few good ideas for some apps.
    I work offshore and have a few apps that I would like to make but never did any programming before. I was wondering if there is a company that will make your apps for a fee. I really think the apps will do good and would like to get them made before someone thinks of it. Or if someone close to Louisiana can get together with me and help me out. Any help would be very appreciative.
    I love my iPhone Cydia style.

You'd need to get them to sign a non-disclosure statement first, otherwise there free to patent your idea.

Be careful.

Depending on the ideas, it might not be to hard for you to learn how to. iPhone SDK provides examples of codes and if you read the commnets and get a small understanding, you should be able to piece it together, it wont be perfect, but its a lot less troublesome then hireing someone and going through processes to makes sure its your idea.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

@shadowdxdragon-mayb for others but I tried to use code snippets and learn as I go and did rather horribly- now i'm trying to learn another easier language- Visual Basic-first because all the books I could find teaching objective C said that you must have some background of programming before you start. If you have a source, or anyone else, that you think could teach me Objective C from not knowing anything about programming, it would be greatly appreciated
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabprogramma For This Useful Post:

ShadowDXDragon (09-29-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by wannabprogramma View Post
    @shadowdxdragon-mayb for others but I tried to use code snippets and learn as I go and did rather horribly- now i'm trying to learn another easier language- Visual Basic-first because all the books I could find teaching objective C said that you must have some background of programming before you start. If you have a source, or anyone else, that you think could teach me Objective C from not knowing anything about programming, it would be greatly appreciated
    sorry maybe your right, programming has always been somewhat easy for me and it's what I'm majoring in. But for example, I would help you out but I don't know object C since I'm a PC person but I've heard it be compared to java which if it is, I could recommend some books that do a good job at teaching. But check to see if there is a Object C for dummies to learn some basics and structure. Then you can devlop from there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowDXDragon For This Useful Post:

wannabprogramma (09-29-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

THANKS, good advice. I just searched and found a just for dummies book on objective c and plan on getting it soon. Good idea.
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

I recommend apress books, they're very good. They have a C book, Objective-C book, Cocoa book, iPhone dev book, iPhone game developing book, iphone ui design book and iphone cool projects book.