View Poll Results: Would you like any of these extensions?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the idea of having an away message for Text Messages

1 16.67%
  • I like the idea of having badges the stock Calender app

2 33.33%
  • I like both ideas!

2 33.33%
  • I don't like any of these ideas.

1 16.67%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 iPhone Extension Ideas: Please let me know what you think!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb 2 iPhone Extension Ideas: Please let me know what you think!
    hello!
    I'm very new to this forum, but I've had these ideas in my head for a while. I would REALLY like to know if anyone else in the community would also like these, or just me. I'm not a developer or plan on coding any of these extensions. That's where someone else comes in. FEEL FREE TO STEAL THESE IDEAS! One is mine and one I've seen it done with Microsoft Exchange. I don't want anything for them, except a free version if you decide to charge for the extension.

My first idea is an Away Message for Text Messages.
    So many times I will be driving and get a text. Well here in CA it is illegal to text/talk on the phone while driving. So when I get a text I try to "secretly" text them back saying something like "I'm driving, text you later".

What if there was an extension that had an automated response to who ever you got a text from?
    You could go in and edit your away message, then turn it on and off when ever you were entering your car.

But wait there's more!

Why would you want to go in the menu manually every time to tell it that your in a car? I have 2 ways to fix that.

First-
    So probably like everyone else, I have set "commute" times when I'm on my way to school/work. So in the same menu you edit your away message what if you could set times that you KNOW you will be in the car driving.

Second-
    On your lock screen what if there is another button or slider or something that you can turn on/off the away message for your texts. that would be so simple, no need to go threw menus and sub-menus. Just lock your phone then decide to turn on or off your away message. It would be as simple as remembering to buckle your seat belt.

My second idea isn't my idea at all. I have seen it on phones that are some how connected to Microsoft Exchange, but not implemented to the actual Calender app.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I would really like BADGES added to the stock Calender app. I know there are plenty of other calenders out there for the iPhone, but I have no problems with the stock app. I would just really, really love to see badges for my upcoming events.

But what if I planed out my life 3 months in advance?

If you have ever used the iStudiez App, they have a very nice solution to that. You can adjust how far you want to get badge notifications, 1 day? 3 days? 1 week? one month? all? just select what you want and it will show you the corresponding amount.

So that's what has been in my head for a while, please, let me know what any of you think, if you like it, think they are stupid ideas, what ever anyone thinks. Also, if anyone knows or wants to code them PLEASE FEEL FREE! I really don't want anything for these ideas, I would just like to bring them to the iPhone/iPod community if other people think these are good ideas.

Thank you for reading, and feel free moving this thread if I put this in the wrong section.
    Last edited by JoblessPunk; 09-15-2009 at 01:53 PM.

I think this belongs in the "Request 3rd Party Apps" section.

I like the Text Message thing, but I think the appropriate implementation would be an SBSettings toggle (tap to activate/deactivate, hold to set message). I don't really understand how the Calendar badge thing would work though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    I think this belongs in the "Request 3rd Party Apps" section.

I like the Text Message thing, but I think the appropriate implementation would be an SBSettings toggle (tap to activate/deactivate, hold to set message). I don't really understand how the Calendar badge thing would work though.
    I'm really new to this forum and I didn't really know where to put this. Sorry and please move this to where ever it will fit.

Yeah, making the away message for text messages a SBSettings toggle would work. Agian I really don't know anything about coding so what ever would work the best.

As for the calender,
    you would put everything in just like you would normally.
    Then you would have an extra setting in the settings menu for the badges. You could tell it to show badge notifications for 1day, a week, a month, what ever you would want.
    After you set it up it will show a badge for what events you have comming up. Here's a picture of it working with Microsoft exchange:
    Last edited by JoblessPunk; 09-15-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can use iBlacklist or the other call blocking programs. A lot of them will send an auto text message so you can say you are driving. You would need the rule on and off.

That picture is a Exchange notification that you received a invitation to an event that you need to accept.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    You can use iBlacklist or the other call blocking programs. A lot of them will send an auto text message so you can say you are driving. You would need the rule on and off.

That picture is a Exchange notification that you received a invitation to an event that you need to accept.
    Does iBlacklist also auto send a text message if you receive a text message? I'm not talking about not being able to answer the phone, I'm talking about not being able to reply to a text message.

Also, yes I know its from Microsoft exchange, that's what I said in my first and second post. But I would like the badge to be integrated so the calender badge would notify you if you have any upcoming events, not just if you received a invitation.