• Undecided!

6 12.00%
  • Awesome, But Needs Some Work!

9 18.00%
  • Incredible Theme, Keep Making Themes!

19 38.00%
+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
First I wanna say thanks to everyone who made iPhone modding possible. Everyone from iPhone Dev-Team to the average iPhone hacker. My custom theme below was made from multiple themes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!
    First I wanna say thanks to everyone who made iPhone modding possible. Everyone from iPhone Dev-Team to the average iPhone hacker. My custom theme below was made from multiple themes I have found over the last year. Special thanks to all the original authors of the themes.

Ok, I know everyone has been crying about the lack of SMS themes for 3.0 Firmware on the iPhone. Well I would like to finally say, I have made one and it works. Download from the link below, unzip it and SSH it onto your iPhone. This is not a joke, this is the real deal. Pass it along to your friends and spread the word. The only thing that can't be themed in SMS is the Keyboard. The iPhone Dev-Team says it will probably never be themed again. That saddens me as I love the Black Berry Bold Theme for the Keyboard. Nonetheless, this will do for now I think.

SSH Location:

/Library/Themes

Use Winterboard to apply it and enjoy!

Download Link:

http://idisk.mac.com/Cronic03-Public...03SMStheme.zip

I've decided to include my own custom, complete iPhone Theme including System menus and lots more. I have taken bits and pieces from other themes over the last year and have finally compiled my favorite parts from them and added some new stuff of my own. This is a truly unique theme which I have been reluctant to share with the world, however my friends have hounded me to put it online for long enough now, so here it is. Download, unzip and SSH it onto your iPhone then apply it with Winterboard.

SSH Location:

/Library/Themes

Download Link:

http://idisk.mac.com/Cronic03-Public...onic_Theme.zip

Please post feedback on the themes I have posted as I would like to know what everyone thinks of them. Yes I realize I spelled Incredible wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-img_0076.png   iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-img_0077.png   iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-img_0078.png   iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-img_0079.png   iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-img_0080.png   iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-img_0081.png   iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-img_0083.png   iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-proof.jpg  

Last edited by Cronic003; 09-12-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Changed URL for Theme

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cronic003 For This Useful Post:

mattrey (09-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

very nice was able to change pic thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve5300 View Post
    very nice was able to change pic thanks
    Im glad to hear that, enjoy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

question...i applied the theme, played around with it a bit, then unapplied it. deleted it from the themes folder. deleted some files i didnt want (sorry lol) like the sounds and lock keys (i prefer my mario mushroom heads ). but...why are my fonts changed? i looked for a file for fonts and couldnt find it. and my text sounds are stuck as the typewriter sound? it was SSH'ed into my phone without the sound folder in there. even with everything deleted and out of winterboard my font/text sound is still messed up. i even deleted it it, reset the phone, re-SSH'ed it into my phone, reapplied, reset again, and my fonts/text sounds are still like that. even between each step i checked it i dont like the typewriter sound or this font i have. how can i fix it?

btw nice theme. i love the coloration.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I like the dialer

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea the dialer is smooth

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ExpoSport View Post
    question...i applied the theme, played around with it a bit, then unapplied it. deleted it from the themes folder. deleted some files i didnt want (sorry lol) like the sounds and lock keys (i prefer my mario mushroom heads ). but...why are my fonts changed? i looked for a file for fonts and couldnt find it. and my text sounds are stuck as the typewriter sound? it was SSH'ed into my phone without the sound folder in there. even with everything deleted and out of winterboard my font/text sound is still messed up. i even deleted it it, reset the phone, re-SSH'ed it into my phone, reapplied, reset again, and my fonts/text sounds are still like that. even between each step i checked it i dont like the typewriter sound or this font i have. how can i fix it?

btw nice theme. i love the coloration.
    I don't know why your font would change unless u have installed FontSwap from Cydia. There is no added fonts in my theme. I personally use FontSwap which can be seen in the preview picture I uploaded. The typing sound is actually a Black Berry key sound not a typewriter sound. If you delete the Theme from ur /Library/Themes folder then turn ur iPhone off then back on, the there will be gone and all settings/sounds/icons should be gone. Check in Winterboard to make sure the theme is in fact deleted. I have uploaded another copy of my theme with the best Mario Sounds and SMS Theme, you can download it from the link below... Enjoy!

http://idisk.mac.com/Cronic03-Public/Cronic_Mario.zip

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah man it's weird. i deleted it and everything and the fonts and sounds were still there. i dno...i just ended up restoring my phone so it's all good. i'm about to try it again tho and i'll check out that mario theme. i love me some mario! i wish emulators would work a lil faster on the iphone tho

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyagushkka View Post
    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
    This post is about the iPhone 3.0 SMS Themes. I did a quick search on Google and found a Rapidshare link for XRumer 5.0 Palladium, I suggest you do the same as posting a link for pirated software is against the rules and is illegal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I loaded your theme and still do not have a SMS background or different bubbles. Followed you instructions and the theme itself is great. Just wish I could get SMS theming to work. Any ideas? I have everything unselected except your theme.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have applied your theme...It looks really nice...But the theme is not working on some areas,like the fonts..And sometimes it is not working at all...then I have to restart my phone to get back on running condition...
    do I need to reset my settings???
    If I do that,will it work then??
    mod/edit links removed

Green Apple
    Thanks

personally i think this is great mate i love it have u got the psd to make more icons?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Answers??
    Quote Originally Posted by ronblade View Post
    I have applied your theme...It looks really nice...But the theme is not working on some areas,like the fonts..And sometimes it is not working at all...then I have to restart my phone to get back on running condition...
    do I need to reset my settings???
    If I do that,will it work then??
    I think you have other apps or other themes installed that are conflicting with Winterboard and my theme. So far anyone who has had an issue figured out it was conflicting with something, each person had a different solution. My solution is to un-check any themes u have applied. The first thing to turn on and stack is my theme, then above that Transparent Dock, User Wallpaper then above that No Docked Icon Labels and No Undocked Icon Labels. I have included a photo of how I stack my Winterboard. As for the Fonts, use FontSwap to make ur font look like mine if you want "Comic Sans MS". Not all Fonts from FontSwap work 100% but most work 95-99%. I have replaced my custom theme with a more tweaked version, check it out by clicking on the link below...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 3.0 SMS Theme is HERE!-img_0131.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattrey View Post
    personally i think this is great mate i love it have u got the psd to make more icons?
    Of course but I can't give u it cuz that's pirating so ur gunna have to find a copy urself sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by griff1211 View Post
    I loaded your theme and still do not have a SMS background or different bubbles. Followed you instructions and the theme itself is great. Just wish I could get SMS theming to work. Any ideas? I have everything unselected except your theme.
    Try my new Theme at the link below. When applying it, have only "Cronic" checked. Let me know watcha think.

Last edited by Cronic003; 09-12-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FYI = My themes will also work on the new iPhone 3.1 Firmware once its Jailbroken. Enjoy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Is there anyway to change the background picture? Not really my style lol.

Thanks man

Thanks

Not a noob....but I can't get he archive to extract completely. Keeps saying it's corrupted. after reading all the post, I'm apparently the only idiot having this problem...lol. I'll keep trying

-----

Good old winzip triumphs. LOL. I'm all good.
    Last edited by kiddawg; 09-30-2009 at 02:12 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice! Thanks for this. How do you change the text bubbles color?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

isn't this the wrong place to post this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djdizzy View Post
    Nice! Thanks for this. How do you change the text bubbles color?
    I am wondering this too.