+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Putting Custom Apps on Jailbroken Itouch

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I have been recently trying to put apps that I have made onto my itouch w/ 2.2.1 firmware. Has anyone had any luck putting custom made applications on their itouch?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Putting Custom Apps on Jailbroken Itouch
    I have been recently trying to put apps that I have made onto my itouch w/ 2.2.1 firmware.

Has anyone had any luck putting custom made applications on their itouch? I need some help with exporting applications.

Thanks,
    -Mettra

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

Welcome to MMi

I think you need to be a bit more specific.

What apps and how are you trying to put them on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My Itouch is jailbroken, and I'm trying to put on an app that I made in Xcode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What works best for me, is to zip the yourapp.app folder (copying it seems to keep all the macos garbage that comes with it) and transfer it to my windows pc. From there, extract it, and upload the .app folder to /Applications on your device. Next, edit the permissions of the .app folder and select to apply them recursively (I know ftpzilla and winscp have this option). Last, respring the device, after that, your app should appear on the springboard. When you run it, if it crashes, and you can't debug it on the device, I recommend enabling syslog and checking that to see what is going on. I believe you also need the mobileinstallation patch to execute them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelek View Post
    What works best for me, is to zip the yourapp.app folder (copying it seems to keep all the macos garbage that comes with it) and transfer it to my windows pc. From there, extract it, and upload the .app folder to /Applications on your device. Next, edit the permissions of the .app folder and select to apply them recursively (I know ftpzilla and winscp have this option). Last, respring the device, after that, your app should appear on the springboard. When you run it, if it crashes, and you can't debug it on the device, I recommend enabling syslog and checking that to see what is going on. I believe you also need the mobileinstallation patch to execute them.
    Tried doing this using Fugu. (do I need a win comp?) My applications is on but crashes on load, how do i access the syslog? I do have the MobileInstallationPatch tho...