+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: i want to make a app for cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
first of all can i create one on windows and what programs do i need to create 1??
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default i want to make a app for cydia
    first of all can i create one on windows and what programs do i need to create 1??

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddyd13 For This Useful Post:

    sam19113 (05-30-2009), TheJailbreakGenius (01-15-2011)

  3. #2
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    11,691
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

    To have to know programming.

  4. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    ok i knew that part

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to freddyd13 For This Useful Post:

    ryantcb (12-08-2011)

  6. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    No you can not do it on windows. You need a Mac.

    You also need to know Objective-C at a minimum.

  7. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    OK thanks that's the answer i was looking for

  8. #6
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,894
    Thanks
    340
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

    It was possible to build the 3rd party iPhone toolchain on windows back in the day. sadly, with the arise of the SDK I believe continued development of that was abandoned after 1.X firmware

  9. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    It was possible to build the 3rd party iPhone toolchain on windows back in the day. sadly, with the arise of the SDK I believe continued development of that was abandoned after 1.X firmware
    I think you can find it for the 2.x but after that you are at a loss still since all apps need to be ready for 3.0 and work on 3.0.

    I may be wrong but I thought you can get Xcode and one of the SDKs for free from apple and you just cant generate a license for it.....

    Dont quote me on that aspect tho.

  10. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have been using 2.0 SDK with a self signed certificate, running on OSX under VMWare on Vista 64 with no issues so far. Still trying to get the self sign method working for 3.0 though, no luck yet. But yes, technically, you can develop on a Windows machine.

  11. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelek View Post
    I have been using 2.0 SDK with a self signed certificate, running on OSX under VMWare on Vista 64 with no issues so far. Still trying to get the self sign method working for 3.0 though, no luck yet. But yes, technically, you can develop on a Windows machine.
    Ya you can tweak VMWare to run OSX but are you really running it on a WINDOWS machine or a virtual OSX machine IN a windows machine There is no native app for windows that allows you to run the SDK studio and Xcode and build apps. You need to have a Mac for best results. I have VMWare working with OSX86 and its slow and buggy as hell. You also need a INTEL Mac if you go looking for one.

  12. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Ok thanks guys damn i guess i need a mac. Well im from Belize central america and getting a mac here will be very expensive. Is there someone here who can help me create a free app for cydia its a app like idrums??
    Thanks...

  13. #11
    Green Apple nico_swd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Spain.
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts

    Help you how? You're being fairly vague with your questions.

    You haven't even told us yet if you know Objective-C (I assume you don't, since you don't have a Mac?). What exactly do you want us to do for you?

  14. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    You can do two things. Download winchain from winchain.googlecode.com. Just get the zip file. You don't need the 400mb file. Then extract it. On ur iPod/iPhone download and install 2.0 toolchain. Install cygwin from the winchain folder. Look in the resource folder. After it completes, open winchain template builder. Enter that app information and build the template. U will see premade iPhone source code. Put the files into a folder. Ssh on ur iPhone and place the folder in the / directory of ur device. In cygwin type ssh root@ipaddress password alpine and then type cd /urfoldername/
    Then type make. U have just mAde an iPhone app. There is much more so pm me for more info.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsychoINC For This Useful Post:

    mohitd2000 (07-12-2009), shatou (06-02-2009)

  16. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    hey thanks PsychoINC
    well ill try it later and report back. i want to make a app similar idrums but with different sounds like rap reggaeton etc.. i just know liitle about programming with c+ and visualfox.

  17. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Why would you use a 2.0 toolchain when 3.0 is around the corner?

  18. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London , UK
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts

    I DUAL BOOT MY PC WITH ipc OSX86 10.5.6 AND UPDATED IT TO 10.5.7... EVERYTHING RUNS PERFECTLY WELL... I GUESS ITS THE HARDWARE I HAVE IN MY PC WHICH WORKS FOR OSX THE ONLY PROBLEMS I INITIALLY HAD WAS SOUND BUT I GOT THAT SORTED TO... GET THE RIGHT KEXT ETC...

    I STILL DOTN KNOW HOW TO USE A MAC PROPERLY...


    SORRY FOR THE CAPS.. IM AT WORK AND I NEED TO USE CAPS ALOT!


    iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

  19. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shabz_de_don View Post
    I DUAL BOOT MY PC WITH ipc OSX86 10.5.6 AND UPDATED IT TO 10.5.7... EVERYTHING RUNS PERFECTLY WELL... I GUESS ITS THE HARDWARE I HAVE IN MY PC WHICH WORKS FOR OSX THE ONLY PROBLEMS I INITIALLY HAD WAS SOUND BUT I GOT THAT SORTED TO... GET THE RIGHT KEXT ETC...

    I STILL DOTN KNOW HOW TO USE A MAC PROPERLY...


    SORRY FOR THE CAPS.. IM AT WORK AND I NEED TO USE CAPS ALOT!
    Too much effort to push Caps Lock when you were typing this?

  20. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London , UK
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Too much effort to push Caps Lock when you were typing this?
    TRUST ME THE WORK I DO IN THIS DAMMED PLACE EVERY KEY STROKE IS TOO MUCH EFFORT!

    ok happy?

    i was hoping to leave this place but no cant find another job anywhere!...

    anyone wanna swap jobs??? work in the olympic 2012 stadium for something better?


    iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

  21. #18
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoINC View Post
    You can do two things. Download winchain from winchain.googlecode.com. Just get the zip file. You don't need the 400mb file. Then extract it. On ur iPod/iPhone download and install 2.0 toolchain. Install cygwin from the winchain folder. Look in the resource folder. After it completes, open winchain template builder. Enter that app information and build the template. U will see premade iPhone source code. Put the files into a folder. Ssh on ur iPhone and place the folder in the / directory of ur device. In cygwin type ssh root@ipaddress password alpine and then type cd /urfoldername/
    Then type make. U have just mAde an iPhone app. There is much more so pm me for more info.
    Ok, first thank you for clearing a lot of things to me with your little words
    second, i followed what u said, some downloads happened and finally i made the template...I found in the project folder (First for example), many files that can be opened by notepad++, some of them by MATLAB (i guess they are fortran may be)...all that's good but where are the UI interface tools, i am talking buttons and etc if u know what i mean?...that might be silly but i use VS 2008 C & basic and can use fortran, i know i am asking too much but really GREAT thanks in advance

  22. #19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Where would I get toolchain. I have an iPod touch 2g on 2.2.1 firmware.

  23. #20
    Developer NetMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,296
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 210 Times in 168 Posts

    @shatou - there are no UI tools for creating programs on Windows, you do it by writing lots of code

    @mohitd2000 - the toolchain discussed in the post installs and runs on the device from Cydia - it does not run on Windows. After you jailbreak, check the development section on Cydia.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts