Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to update OS 3.0 Beta 2? Instructions please

Default How to update OS 3.0 Beta 2? Instructions please
    I am running OS 2.2.1 and Jailbroken 3G.

Bought a license to be in developer group from a fellow member. Downloaded torrent 3.0 Beta 2.

need instructions on how to. Appreciated

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Plug in iphone - shift click update, choose the new software? Nothing unique about updating haha

sounds so easy, Thanks for the info

w/e u do dont dfu restore it... just trust me

you will need a to buy a membership with the adc and register your uuid before you can activate it... or ask very nicely and politely for a dev to add you to their account

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

+1

I bought one from a fellow member and now i am running OS 3.0 Beta 2

Thanks

you see, the only problem is, some of us don't want to be an annoyance. i have politely asked about 5 different devs to do so, and most said they would only add me for money or just plain out no. i really don't want to be annoying!

So I made the mistake of updating to 3.0 Beta and was originally on 2.1 jailbroken 3g with categories installed. I now can't see my files when I restored. They are hiding from me. Anyone have a similar problem? Should I jailbreak 3.0 and get cydia and categories and unhide it? Or does some know a quick fix? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

i did. You'll need to jailbreak and install categories. create any sub folder and do the long step.... add all apps, add apps to subfolder and remove them from subfolder after respring. long step as you'll need to do this for all your apps. Else wait for someone to write script to clear the shortcut.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ya updating firmware is easy. Only step is that if you download the DMG file on windows, you need a program to extract it which I use http://www.acutesystems.com/ if i dont boot into OSX

Hi,

Firmware 1.1.4 8G. Can I update or Upgrade to OS 3.0 ? If yes, how is it done ?

Thanking you all in advance for your assistance