Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to access the top ear speaker

Default How to access the top ear speaker
    Has anyone seen a 3rd party native app access the top speaker (not the player speaker at the bottom of the phone).

Better yet - anyone know how to (code wise?).

THANKS!

-mc
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

To get sound out of the receiver, try this:

Code:
    -(void) switchToReceiver
    {
    NSString* zError;
    AVController* zAVController=[AVController avController];

[zAVController activate: nil];
    [zAVController setAttribute:@"PhoneCall" forKey:@"AVController_AudioCategoryAttribute" error:&zError ];
    }

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JLA For This Useful Post:

skeels (03-03-2008)

JLA - Thanks a ton! Worked great.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

i don't get... where did you put the code in?

Anywhere you want...it can be a class method, so I guess you can change that - to a +.
    Calling it will switch to the audio to the receiver until something switches it back.

When I add the code to my method I get:

error: 'AVController' undeclared (first use in this function)
    error: 'zAVController' undeclared (first use in this function)

Do I need an additional framework for this? A have AVFoundation imported and I am successfully playing sounds using AVAudioPlayer. I just want to play the sound through the ear speaker.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JLA View Post
    To get sound out of the receiver, try this:

Code:
    -(void) switchToReceiver
    {
    NSString* zError;
    AVController* zAVController=[AVController avController];

[zAVController activate: nil];
    [zAVController setAttribute:@"PhoneCall" forKey:@"AVController_AudioCategoryAttribute" error:&zError ];
    }
    thank you JLA! I'm adding saving this...

iEarMusik available through the AppStore allows you to do just that - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iear...543335277?mt=8