+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App development?

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Where would I go to get info on developing my own applications for the iphone? I would like to try and get into making a native app or even taking
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default App development?
    Where would I go to get info on developing my own applications for the iphone? I would like to try and get into making a native app or even taking part in putting my efforts in helping already made applications to add on new features etc. I just need a good direction on where to get everything that I need.

- Garrett

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garretwp View Post
    Where would I go to get info on developing my own applications for the iphone? I would like to try and get into making a native app or even taking part in putting my efforts in helping already made applications to add on new features etc. I just need a good direction on where to get everything that I need.

- Garrett
    Objective C. Learn that and I think you'd be good, right?

I'm no programmer, but that's what I've seen posted all over.
    -DoocesWild

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have wanted to know about this too - I have no idea where to start - can someone help me figure out how to write my own iPhone apps so I don't have to beg others to write them for me?

Okay so I've got the Toolchain installed and followed all of those instructions but now the next question - how do I actually write an iPhone app? Can I use X-Code? If so how? And how does the Toolchain play into this ect... Can a developer help out some novices?

Thanks in Advance!!!
    Last edited by musicpenguy; 09-08-2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Indeed. What we really need is for someone to make this possible for the average developer. I know objective-c, but getting that turned into an iPhone application is where there is no documentation. I too have toolchain installed, but there's no good guide for app creation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There really should be some sort of sticky for people who want to be apart of development. I do not know objective-c, but that should not be an issue for me as I am willing to learn new languages.

I think it would be great for many people to help out and to bring great apps to a great phone. It would really make this phone shine even better. The same for the new ipod touch. I think we have such a great product to develop some really great stuff. But with lack of info, it really makes it hard for people to get a head start.

I want to thank all the developers out there for all of the great work they have done so far. So if any developer who is reading this would like to point us all in the right direction would be very helpful!

- Garrett

Thanks

I recently just downloaded XCode tools and I thought I'd be able to open current programs (ie. Light.app just because it looks like the simplest app out) but no luck. I couldn't edit the file at all...

I'm completely stumped. Can anyone point in the direction of what to use to open the actual program so I can atleast study it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anyone shed any light on where we can get the tools required to develop apps for the phone? Any developers out there willing to help us out with some resources? It would allow for many more apps to be developed if we had a sticky with these resources.

- Garrett

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garretwp View Post
    Can anyone shed any light on where we can get the tools required to develop apps for the phone? Any developers out there willing to help us out with some resources? It would allow for many more apps to be developed if we had a sticky with these resources.

- Garrett
    I think you actually use the UIKit to develop applications for the iPhone, but I couldn't get it to setup right, I think it uses the Objective-C (Or Cocoa as some people may call it) programming language. Any suggestions or tips to the UIKit or iPhone application development in general.
    Thanks,
    Donovan.