+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2nd number on SIM card

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok I have a 3G iphone, and currently using 2 providers, because I travel inbetween citties. Now one provider has the option to add another number to the same phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2nd number on SIM card
    Ok I have a 3G iphone, and currently using 2 providers, because I travel inbetween citties.

Now one provider has the option to add another number to the same phone and same SIM only thing would be to add another voice acct. Fine.

Upon reviewing it however I was told this feature is not supported on the iPhone.
    Arghhh...
    I've inquired on the Apple discussion boards and told the same thing.

But funny thing (not believing this to be true) I search and found that it is or can be possible.

So my question is. Is it possbile, and if so how?

The option that exist which the iphone is said to not be compatible with is the addition of a second number, on the same SIM.
    What is required is an additional voice plan, but the text and voicemail of the main account will be used.

There is a distinctive ring to distinguish between the two numbers.

Really something I've been looking for. I want to simplify my use. one bill one phone.
    If I still have to pay two separate bills (until it does work) fine, but I still would like to use one phone.

I know I can forward but the problems are;
    ) I do not receive the text messages.
    2) My numbers are from two different cities, if I answer in the forwarded call, I will be charged long distance charges.

Can this option be created even if the phone providers and Apple.. say the phone is not compatible?

Thanks

Thanks

well, i've looked thru all the options and found nothing, the most you can do is set the other sim to call forward into the main account...that's about it...I guess..or keep sim swaping

Thanx button in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks,

I will see if I can just buy another SIM card, activate that acct. and call forward??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2 lines on same SIM
    iPHone does not seem to support it. Other devices like Treo650, Motorola Razr all have a second option to switch line as soon as you put a multi line SIM.

I am also trying to determine what is so special about iphone that does support it. I could only think of this as a software issue. It is not a network provide issue, I already confirmed it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to have dual sim card(if iphone supports) or iphone china model...
    Last edited by dejawoo; 02-04-2009 at 04:58 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, there is a solution to use dual sim in iphone, but only 1 sim can be activate at one time. Search ebay for iphone dual sim adapter, you will find couple. You will have to cut your 2 sim to the specified sizes, and put it in the adapter and but it into the iphone. As soon as you put it in, you will see a new menu appear in the setting menu to choose the sim you want to use.

Heres an youtube video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSspKNBzUB0]YouTube - Dual SIM , 2 Line iPhone Hack[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ya but this solution sucks. Other PDAs have designed it so it works without such adapter. Shame on iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this work for 2G / 3G / 3GS ?