+ Reply
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT: iPhone Bluetooth!

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
The iPhone Bluetooth Project CURRENTLY UPDATING [SIZE="3"]I have decided to start a project to try and develop a better Bluetooth system for the iPhone. It began with this thread: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...me-action.html
    My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PROJECT: iPhone Bluetooth!
    The iPhone Bluetooth Project

CURRENTLY UPDATING

[SIZE="3"]I have decided to start a project to try and develop a better Bluetooth system for the iPhone.
    It began with this thread: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...me-action.html

The aim is to try and have missing, commonly-used Bluetooth added to the iPhone firmware and develop a Bluetooth controller app to handle these additional profile...

Yes I, and other team members understand that the task will be extremely hard, but we think that if pushed, we can get results!

We are currently putting a team together to begin this project and are looking for Dev's and other team members to help start off the development.

Currently the team consists of:

If you would like to be a part of our team, PM me, or add our IRC chanel on irc.moofspeak.net at #BluetoothProject. All interest is greatly appreciated, but must be active member to remain part of the team, else your position will be given to someone more deserved.

Please, join our team and together we can create a better iPhone experience for all!

Last edited by MattMac; 09-15-2008 at 12:44 AM.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

FINALLY
    Apple what gives you make the best phone ever seen, but ignore blue tooth? I want to join but I only have a Windows PC and hope to get a Mac soon. My programming knowledge is that of a Second graders Math. So if ya need a tester that does not care if it breaks the phone ill do it.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shadowck5000 For This Useful Post:

andirodicandrew (02-06-2009), basil (11-09-2008), ceelo2008 (12-13-2008), chrisrotolo (02-15-2009), iMack007 (11-17-2008), ipodtouchpro (08-31-2008), lethlorian (10-20-2008), Nutmeg42 (03-12-2009)

Thanks

same here....I'll buy another one. Bring it on I'm your bit$h.

Thanks

hey guys... please if you are just saying "i would love to see file transfer on iPhone" crap then say it here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...action-12.html cause its still nice to see... just not here... development only here
    and also people who want to help also may speak here...

tomorrow i will be on irc when i can

also matt the slogan "Please, join our team and together we can create a better iPhone experience for all!" is ridiculous but awesome... lol nice work
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 11:56 AM.
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Thanks

We have 2 new members already, 3 hours after the topic was posted but still no Devs. This is great!
    But sill the only donations received has been my own of $5 AUD

Were not asking much, just a little something. No matter the size, the more the better...

@cscho, Haha, yeah its a little corny but I needed something to finish of with...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

netuser (08-06-2008)

Thanks

Hello,

Great to see that team has been made. I dont have any Programming skill, but I am a computer geek lolzzz Also not very rich, i just did a donation of 9 AUD , hope it will help. Please people donate, it will help them and US.

Donation To Matt Riley 6 Aug. 2008 Completed Details -$9,00 AUD

Do good use of it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to netuser For This Useful Post:

MattMac (08-06-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

So what's your plan of action? I mean, how are you going to achieve this? I wouldn't donate anything until I knew ahead of time that it was going to something with definitive goals, planning and structure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lostgame For This Useful Post:

MattMac (08-06-2008)

Thanks

Thankyou so much netuser. Your donation wont go to waste.

Would you like to be an active part of the team?

@lostgame, The first part of our plan is to try and get as many active members as we can, then we can all together convince Dev's into deeper research and eventually coming to development. Donations will go to Dev's and any other needed resources. Dev's mainly develop as their job, so money entices them. As their work can often go unseen, if we have figures available and could be periodically paying them, they are more likely to work on this project, hence giving wanted results.
    Last edited by MattMac; 08-06-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

This isn't how development teams work!

First you set your goals, then set out a plan to achieve your goals. Then, once you have something tangible to show, then you are in a position to start asking for donations.

You don't ask for donations at the same time as admitting no one on the team has any idea what they're doing!
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

@redcard, Then help us out. I posted our goal above. We need members to help us out. Any Dev's I have talked to have been reluctant, so if we have money to offer, then they are more likely to hear...
    I take your criticism constructively, so if there is anything else you could help me with would be great, we just needed a way to be heard...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

im on irc but seems nobody is there...
    if u need anyone still; ill do what i can...
    not really sure whats the best way to go about all of this :/
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm...

I'm not trying to be offensive, and I'm positive that redcard wasn't either, but I'm inclined to agree with him.

It's great that you have a goal and want to do this - don't get me wrong, I'd love to see file transfer over bluetooth, as well as all the other industry-standard features that the iPhone stupidly left out from it's feature set, but wayyyy before you start asking for donations, you have to say, 'is this physically possible, is it realistic, and how are we going to go about it, in a step-by-step fashion?'

You said that the developers you were talking to were reluctant, I think it may be because they don't know if it's possible, it's not a question of money, at all. It's not about being heard - developers are aware of the problem but unless there is a realistic way to do it, it'll fail miserably, and everybody will have wasted their money.

You need to have a solid, developer-written plan before you start asking for donations, because if this isn't possible, and while right now we have no evidence to say it's not - but no evidence to say it is either, if it isn't possible then people have donated their money to a cause that just doesn't have a future, and I don't think that's right.

I'm going to make a call out to some more experienced developers here, I'm a developer myself but really, OS X and the official iPhone SDK are my honest limitations - I'd like to hear some more mobile-experienced developers here - does Bluetooth have a specific firmware that can be patched? Can we use pwnagetool to create a modified firmware that will allow added/removed features and is bluetooth in that feature set that we can change? Can we do all of this without any sort of source code, all through reverse-engineering?

All of these things are questions we need answered long before we start accepting donations, because they're answers we need to have to prove this is possible.

Again, no offense, but everybody, I'd hold off right now, until we get some more information and a plan to know if this is feasible or not.
    Last edited by lostgame; 08-06-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    Thankyou so much netuser. Your donation wont go to waste.

Would you like to be an active part of the team?
    Yep you can, i ll try to stay in contact with you maybe on IRC. If you want i can put in place a temp forum ? i can help you guys in this way I have some webmastering skills. Tell me if it will be good idea to have Private forum for the team ?

Thanks

hey guys... please understand that we have been actively at this and really started in the last 24 - 48 hours... this is why you do not see devs here yet... im going to work with the devs on getting a team together... i worked im a simular way on another project to get a winmo emulator... that project failed for two reasons... lack of intrest from the devs (mac people aparintly hate pc lol) and there was no money involved... it also failed because it wasnt too fiesable though i found a dev capable he refused to help do to contrat with microw soft...

for now donate and we will keep u posted here

at 2 25 est 8/6 i am on irc and will be on for a while... please join me

i am talking to zod a big dev
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

Darksecrets (12-21-2008)

Thanks

Ok not to be rude to doubters, but if you have a better way to do this please go ahead. This is the first major plan of action Ive see regarding blue tooth. So if you know a good way to go about doing this Join the team, and help us out. The Donations are good because when we find out what needs to be done will have a budget to work with and not just start getting the money needed from $0.
    This is a great movement because blue tooth is a great technology which the iPhone has only scratched the surface of, with it the iphone will dominate over all mobile phones/UMPC.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You guys are going about this all wrong, or you're talking to the wrong people.

This is not about money and if it ends up being about money it's a good way to guarantee the project fails, because money corrupts people.

We don't even know if it's feasible yet - why would you throw your money at a promise that isn't even necessarily possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostgame View Post
    You guys are going about this all wrong, or you're talking to the wrong people.

This is not about money and if it ends up being about money it's a good way to guarantee the project fails, because money corrupts people.

We don't even know if it's feasible yet - why would you throw your money at a promise that isn't even necessarily possible?
    money is a good motivation... i attempted to run a project that failed rather quickly due to lack of intrest of devs... the same will happen if we dont catch thier interest... now you seem like a guy who would be great to help us... you dont have to donate just ask to help and we will listen to you
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 11:57 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I for one am willing to donate. All I want is to be able to listen to music via bluetooth- whether it be A2dp or the LQ mono you hear when you play music during a call. Considering that music can already play via the VVoicemail trick on the old phone, would it be sooo hard to make the same thing work all the time and for all the phones (particularly the 3G).

I will donate $25 to whomever first makes this possible.

Best,

DGray

Thanks

I've been waiting a year for some bluetooth action...i dont donate much but this is worth any amount.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dorian View Post
    Well I for one am willing to donate. All I want is to be able to listen to music via bluetooth- whether it be A2dp or the LQ mono you hear when you play music during a call. Considering that music can already play via the VVoicemail trick on the old phone, would it be sooo hard to make the same thing work all the time and for all the phones (particularly the 3G).

I will donate $25 to whomever first makes this possible.

Best,

DGray
    i can promise you this... i and others are working on putting together a team to do this... donations help attract attention from the devs... but i dont know when this project will be in alpha stages... i dont even know when actually developement will start... so please donate your money and i with others will do our best to make sure it does not go to waste

also please refrain from leaving comments like
    I've been waiting a year for some bluetooth action...i dont donate much but this is worth any amount.
    its nice to see on our other thread but this is for development and donations mainly
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 11:58 AM.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast