+ Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT: iPhone Bluetooth!

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
It uses a completely different bluetooth chip. I've looked into it. It's only there for Nike+iPod functionality though I believe it is a fully functional bluetooth chip, I am not
    Green Apple
    Thanks

It uses a completely different bluetooth chip. I've looked into it. It's only there for Nike+iPod functionality though I believe it is a fully functional bluetooth chip, I am not sure about the last part though. I cannot find what chip model it is like I have for the iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G. This project is far from dead and we now have officially started coding as of Oct. 9

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so is finally arrived the time for the first app via bluetooth?

Thanks

not yet phate89... please have patience.
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But is nearest than ever.. i hope
    what are you coding? the protocol or an app?
    Last edited by phate89; 10-13-2008 at 02:36 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Media Release #1

"The iBluetooth Project has officially started with coding begining on October 9th. We have been hard at work and we are now working on controlling the chip... As you could guess its more than just writing profiles, we have to master the bluetooth aspect of the iPhone...
    Once we finish the coding scripts to manipulate the bluetooth chip, we can then write the profiles that tell the chip how to perform certain tasks.

We do have news to report however, and while we cant report how we did it for security reasons (we dont need a repeat of dev-team vs zibri!) we have made an amazing breakthrough! We now officially know more about the iPhone bluetooth chip than any other 3rd party within the iPhone hacking community. This has allowed us to finally be confident that we are well on the way to success and hopefully bringing you the bluetooth capabilities the iPhone lacks.

It may seem like we are taking a while to have things moving, but this is a long and tough task we are trying to complete. We would rather not rush and bring you a worthless, dodgy product but take out time to perfect our final product and bring you the best service from the get go.
    We are working hard and will be aiming to keeping you more informed, more often. So keep checking and remember that donors get more detailed Media Releases and info regarding the project."
    Last edited by MattMac; 10-14-2008 at 03:40 AM.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

Sullivan0930 (10-16-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nice to know you guys finally started coding . The answer might be in this thread somewhere but I'll ask it anyway. Is this for both the iPhone 2G and 3G or just one of the two?

Thanks and good luck!

Thanks

Both!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

Sullivan0930 (10-16-2008)

Thanks

um idk what matt macs smoking... but at this time we are not sure if we are going to release for both... if we are excpect a release for one then the other... the 1st gen and 3g have different chips meaning the code that controlls the chips would have to be different so we would have to code for both... stick tight though and we will support both... also no prommises but we might look into the chip in the ipod touch...
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Thanks

So the news / amazing breakthrough is that you now know more than anyone else? That really doesn't tell us much. I thought that was the 'news' last time as well

oh yeah, you have to donate to get the real news! Wow
    Last edited by redcard; 10-16-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hey buddy, i have a word for you, its called patients... also we dont want to release usable ifo to other people so they can try and steal our work... so how bout this, wait till it comes out and if u have something nice to say or productive... other wise shut it... all you have to know is we are making progress and doing out best...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, I think it's wonderful that you guys are trying to fix this up, and I really appreciate everyone who's helping out with this. Just send out a notification in a different thread or something when you guys find a way to fix this major flaw by Apple...Good Luck

Thanks

What you people have to understand is that we can't release important info. If you had bluetooth knowledge and wanted to do the same thing as us you could take out work and just finish is and take credit for it!
    We won't release samples of codes or what files we are manipulating. We are not handing out code like an election flier

If you don't like the way we do thing, don't expect to be a beta tester for a long while... Supporters will donate, get more detailed info and have first dibs at beta and alpha (Still a while off)...
    Get off your high horse, you wouldn't know what its like to code for a chip that is highly inaccessible, but were doing it... And I don't see you trying to help at all. When you pitch in, then ill listen...

Thanks to everyone who supports and believes! Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Special thanks to the donors so far. Your funds are helping us in the long run!

2 things cscho0415, we can easily code for both of the chips. There isn't all that much difference between the two, would only take slight changes from what I can see. Have you looked though the documentation...?
    And I'm not smoking anything ^o)
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

lol i know ur not smoking any thing... but it is a difference casue its a diff rom and firmware i believe... and yes i read every thing on the forum... and also nothing is easy... coding is a hard thing, it would make a diff for the bluecore 4...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    Hey buddy, i have a word for you, its called patients...
    You mean you are doctors?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

haha leave my typo's alone... i meant patience

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys i think wat ur doing is so great, cause there are so many times a girl wants to send me an "enlightening pic" of her personal being and says "turn on ur blue tooth so i can send u a pic" and i have to say "can u e-mail it" but everyone's afraid of the net with sending those pics these days, so u kno i have to do without that pic. again keep up the good work. i want to learn how to do some dev programming so im reading up, use to do VB back in the days so i hope i get this in time to help u guys

Thanks

hey man glad to hear your picking up programming... for for c and then obj c if u want to dev for iphones

Thanks

This type of programing is quite advanced but our devs are quite helpful, pop around to our site sometime, ibluetoothproject.tk
    If you learn enough, I'll add you to the development team and you can help where possible
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

It's good to see this project in such capable hands!
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

We are doing out best... Im very happy to know that the devs that we recruited are as capable and dedicated as they are... I cant wait till we release it...

+ Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast