Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT: iPhone Bluetooth!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Has anyone thought of using this idea in a different way?
    List what you want from a more functional Bluetooth.
    Take those wants/needs and see what platform could support those needs/wants.
    If the Bluetooth was a possibility to develop wouldnt Apple have done this already?
    What if you could develop a new way of sharing and pairing to devices using bluetooth?

The reason for my post is the back and forth arguing and no direction. I am not a developer so you can "disregard" what Im saying but from what I see here you should be going about it this way first.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Has anyone thought of using this idea in a different way?
    List what you want from a more functional Bluetooth.
    Take those wants/needs and see what platform could support those needs/wants.
    If the Bluetooth was a possibility to develop wouldnt Apple have done this already?
    What if you could develop a new way of sharing and pairing to devices using bluetooth?

The reason for my post is the back and forth arguing and no direction. I am not a developer so you can "disregard" what Im saying but from what I see here you should be going about it this way first.

Hey man i fully hear where you are coming from... Please believe me when i say we have done our homework on this one... It is possible, the chip can handle it (we got the specs on it) and the operating system definitely can as well...

Im my opinion this is why apple refuses to do it:
    #1 their stupid drm protection, they dont want music sharing quiet simply...
    #2 They dont want to grant us more access to the file system than we already have, just makes jailbreak easier
    #3 at&t obviously doesnt want internet sharing
    #4 they dont have a stereo bluetooth head set (that i know of) so what benefit would they have from a stereo headset, also it stops people from buying their headphones.
    #5 they dont have any benefit from spending money trying to develop it
    #6 im sure there are more reasons im just too tiered to keep writing

now your next question might be
    "why would they include bluetooth usage for calling?"
    well that would draw a line for many people... if i drove to work every day i would probably not buy the phone because i would "need" hands free...

that is my response

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    OMG, does anyone READ!
    deep breaths matt... no need to scare any one... what he is trying to say is please read the above posts one on which specifies no comments that are in no way help full, though they might be encouraging that is what our other thread it for...

Im also gonna clarify, we hope to have out alpha or beta in 6 months time... This is stated in our first release note
    Last edited by cscho0415; 09-08-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wouldnt it be cool though if you could develop an iPhone jump drive? I think that would alleviate our bluetooth file sharing woes.

Sounds great about a timetable, look forward to see where this goes. If you need artwork help let me know.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, sorry, bad last few days... :S

And just feel like I'm continually repeating myself...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Wouldnt it be cool though if you could develop an iPhone jump drive? I think that would alleviate our bluetooth file sharing woes.

Sounds great about a timetable, look forward to see where this goes. If you need artwork help let me know.
    i dont think we are going to develop hardware for the iphone... not our teams goal... it would be quite complicated and is simply not what we are doing but thank you for the idea...

Would you be able to put a bluetooth for the ipod on the iphone? To be more clear its for my radio deck a Sony MEX-BT2500 the deck has the potential to connect to a phone and use its media library to play through the car but the iphone can only connect for handsfree purposes not for media playing? So just wondering if this is possible to make?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aznpinoy217 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

im not sure i fully understand your question but this is my answer... any thing covered by bluetoothprofiles on other phones that normally come on phones will be put on the iphone... we will not make a new profile that has never been used before cause it would make no sense...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    i dont think we are going to develop hardware for the iphone... not our teams goal... it would be quite complicated and is simply not what we are doing but thank you for the idea...

No sooner that I posted this comment I went into the MMi store and see a bluetooth headset and a usb flash drive!!! lol so I guess its been done already anyway..

BlueTrek-BIZZ

I dont know how I could help you guys other than artwork for the project if its needed but keep it guys...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

Sounds cool....good luck with the project

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Terrill For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

I recently updated iphone 1gen to 2.1 and connected Motorola S9 bluetooth and used the *#307# to service dail back and answered the call i didnt changed the voice to bluetooth at that time i could hear sound in both sides of s9 headphones then when i changed it to bluetooth now can only hear audio in one left side only... and call hung up ... i could not disconnect the call during that i could make another call but could not find a way to disconnect it. all functions of iphone were working, i shut down iphone normally and restarted it..... it was fine again .......

is this error in 2.1 or it was before in previous firmwares i havent tried it earlier

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ammarmalhotra For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

Thanks

so what's the progress on this? We know you've found some files, and expect to release in 6 months, but this thread is decidedly lacking in any solid technical information that would lead people to take it seriously

19. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    so what's the progress on this? We know you've found some files, and expect to release in 6 months, but this thread is decidedly lacking in any solid technical information that would lead people to take it seriously

the progress is listed up... 90% of our work is done irc... if u want specific info u should show up and talk to a person in there

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

Thanks

SO you got 90% done in 3 months, but the last 10% is going to take 6 months? Does...Not....Compute...
    To live, you have to lie

23. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    SO you got 90% done in 3 months, but the last 10% is going to take 6 months? Does...Not....Compute...
    I think he means that 90% of their work is done using IRC, meaning they hang out in the chat quite a bit. So if you want information you should peek into there and ask questions.
    wwjd

25. The Following User Says Thank You to skb875 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

lol... we are not 90% done... skb is right... we do most of our work thier was the point so that is where we hang out and get our work done

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

just gonna say more than 100 posts is impressive

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (10-07-2008)

Thanks

If you guys need any graphic designers, I'd be glad to help.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    How is that funny? It really does have a bluetooth chip .

I know some one who has it... No bluetooth functionality at all... also that has nothing to do with our project because it is a different firmware...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast