+ Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT: iPhone Bluetooth!

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
just thinking about it it might work. here are my opinion in theory has anyone seen the Sidekick LX? well they just added the bluetooth sending/receiving feature. they used to
    Thanks

just thinking about it
    it might work.
    here are my opinion in theory
    has anyone seen the Sidekick LX?
    well they just added the bluetooth sending/receiving feature.
    they used to have the usual add a bluetooth headphone device and thats it.
    however.
    putting this on the iPhone.
    a bit weird
    since bluetooth is not a major file system of the phone.
    and then, to have send/recieve feature, the bluetooth has to be able to find devices like mobile cellphones.
    And how is it capable of placing the recieved files in? such as ringtones? it wont work.. unless its .mp4 and placed in the the file :ringtones: and then to change the codes in which the iphone can notice the new ringtone..
    its like those ringtone applications.. that have been made beforehand.(for the devs in this team, i recommend looking at previous ringtone applications, i believe that Erica suaden had an application which was able to make a ringtone out of your songs in your iPhone's library, and other applications gotta start from somewhere)
    back to bluetooth
    its neccessary to make an application which changes the file system of the iPhone (mainly the bluetooth), and change more or less the restrictions it has to only view/connect to output bluetooth devices(bluetooth headphones).
    i would tell u more information
    only thing is that i am in vacation, and where i am at, if i use my iPhone my cellphone bill will be tremendous, and thus, i left my phone at home..
    on Sunday august 17, i should be home and i will look into it more..
    im not a Dev, just your normal quiet iphone geek.

Thanks

you have some wrong information in there... we are not trying to make a ringtone app even though we might eventually add a feature like that... an easier thing we might do is make a patch allowing a received file to go into the music library... we will edit the pre existing bluetooth stack or add another one then create drivers... then the other features such as ringtone patch might be implemented... please stay and work with us... when u have a chance join our irc channel... cscho0415
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The main problem is just adding the bluetooth profile, as the only profile enabled right now is for a bluetooth headset - they need one for viewing the file system, pushing files, and receiving files (OBEX File Transfer, Object Push, etc).

Also since there is only the headset profile, there's not even a way to set your bluetooth name. It automatically sets to whatever you have named your phone in iTunes - probably fine for most people, but a lot of people want the bluetooth name to be something specific, and in many cases, private (ie most of the time people wouldn't want to have their bluetooth id show up randomly as "John Doe's iPhone", and especially so if they are open for file push and whatnot)

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

@WillyDavidK, Thanks for your reply. There is some great info there, but a lot of it we already know...
    We know the problem is the current only profile is that for bluetooth headsets. So we have to find a way to edit the bluetooth stack and add the extra profiles.
    We want to begin with learning how to patch the stack to add profiles. Later we will move on to developing an app to control the added profiles and will be able to change the bluetooth name. That will be an extremely easy part. We can just trick the stack to think the phone has a different name if there is no other way>
    But for now we are beginning with finding and patching the stack with new profiles.

Please do share us with more details of what you know, and help us out as well as you can.
    Would be nice to see you on IRC so we can chat more freely.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

we might just add a completley different stack that has nothing to do with the other one in a self contained program... i get off work at 8 est till wed but may be on a little later at night

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Volunteer
    Hey there!

I just found this forum while searching out some better Bluetooth functionality on the iPhone, and I am interested in helping out. I don't have any programming experience (I do hardware :-/), but I'll gladly volunteer my phone for any testing you might have going on. Let me know if you are still looking for volunteers.

Thanks!
    -Patrick

Thanks

we are always looking for volunteers patrick... in order for you to be a tester we need to know more about you... join us on irc so we can talk... i would really like to know what you know about the hardware so you can still help...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default discuss creating iphone apps
    Hi everyone,
    I don't know much about programing.......
    I just found from while searching out some better Blue tooth functionality on the i phone and I am interested in helping out. Really i don't have any programming experience.Please give me some more information.And once again thank you very much.

==============================================
    wiki
    South Carolina Drug Treatment

Thanks

hey wiki as i said to patrick you are more than welcome to help where you can... we do alot of our talking on irc... i am currently away but might be logging in and out... you can catch me after 9 pm est on sunday and i will for sure be on... ill post if im on earlier and intend on staying... if not see you then...

cscho0415

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sure man - what's you IRC name? I'll try to catch you when I am on.

Thanks

our channel is on irc.moofspeak.net #bluetoothproject ... I am always on and off if you stay on there for a bit you will either see me or mattmac please be patient
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-29-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks

Hey guys... im goin to update you on the status of our project... we have gotten more work done than you would think... we have been looking at the bluetooth files already on the iphone that apple has provided... we have been looking at commands and other fun things... once we get a better understanding on how the bluetooth works right now we will then be able to start making our own...
    Please understand the mattmac, myself, and others on the team do have personal lives in which consume a lot of our time... we hope you understand we cant sell our souls to this project and we do need to worry about other things... we are doing our best to get this done... the more people we have the quicker things will move so please join us if you can..

thank you
    cscho0415

special thanks to Geniusdog 254 for finding all of the current pre-existing files and patches for bluetooth
    Also special thanks to Kapi for finding the current execution scripts for bluetooth as well as the rest of our team for donating a majority of thier time to us
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-29-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

keep up the good work. Dont overwork yourselves.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good work........ keep it up....... hope you can make it happen

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

"bluetooth pairing amongst multiple iphones could lead to earth's next stable energy source"

-Unknown

Green Apple
    Thanks

my iphone 2.0.2 pairs up with my vista (IVT_BlueSoleil_6.2.227.1) on xpc but dont know what it can do now IVT can find iphone drivers and iphone is not in the list of IVT devices for me to select it is only paired

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalhotra View Post
    my iphone 2.0.2 pairs up with my vista (IVT_BlueSoleil_6.2.227.1) on xpc but dont know what it can do now IVT can find iphone drivers and iphone is not in the list of IVT devices for me to select it is only paired
    The iphone can only pair and work with headsets. Besdies that it cannot do any file transfers, internet sharing etc.This is what the dev team here is trying to accomplish, so please dont ask for help in this thread

Green Apple
    Thanks

it's been said a million times, but I swear, the next time I see a 'I have no programming experience but I can test' I think I'll throw something against a wall. You guys don't need donations, you don't need testers, you need experienced programmers with an intimate knowledge of Bluetooth stacks and profiles with a background in Linux-based technologies. Poetic_folly has it right. This thread is basically a pipe dream until you guys stop looking for donators and testers and show us more than just having found a couple small files that you have no clue how to modify. Give us a break.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Were not "looking" for testers, there all that comes up. We don't need them, yet, if at all... Our team is big enough to test ourselves...
    We arn't asking for donations anymore, that's in the past. We want to show the good first, then bring in the money.
    Now we are constructively looking into the bluetooth of the iPhone, finding many interesting things, including scripts and other files.
    We have bluetooth savvy devs on board, but we have a lot of timezone differences and such, making it hard to coordinate it all atm along wit our personal lives...
    Things are progressing... Dont doubt that...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

Hey lost game,
    ever heard the first grade expression, dont say any thing unless you have something nice to say? Dont be so doubt full. And next time before you try to put us down do your research.

cscho0415
    Last edited by cscho0415; 09-02-2008 at 09:49 AM.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast