+ Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT: iPhone Bluetooth!

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
we have to first find the bluetooth stack... does any one know the extension name of a blue tooth stack
    Thanks

we have to first find the bluetooth stack... does any one know the extension name of a blue tooth stack
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-08-2008 at 11:46 PM.
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

A bluetooth stack is typically a OS driver, so in OS X its probably a KEXT and in windows a DLL referenced by the kernel or a self-contained program.

Thanks

ill be on tonight...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So if lots of coding and research or what not takes place in this project, it really is possible? First off, what is stopping the iPhone to have no A2DP Profiles? If there isn't any but all is needed is to modify and code it could be one big advantage to this project. That's what I think. I would help but I'm not so good at developing and wish I could. I do design decent artwork but it's not as good as others can do. Good luck and if it really does show up any results, I will push some donations in to support you guys. As of right now, that one guy is right. You can't start a project and ask for donations right off the bat. You need to assign work and make sure you have something we could possibly believe in to actually get your project some donations. But don't get me wrong. I do support you guys right now just not enough so that money comes out of my paypal account. Good Luck with this.

Thanks

hey guys... sry i wasnt on much today... ill be on for a few hours now....
    @mrtonyyx, id like to talk to you on irc... please join me im on now

Thanks

we have setup a private forum... pm me for the link if u are in the team or would like to help out
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Thanks

***please note that unless you are going to help and be an active member do not ask for a link to be in on it... i will ban you if you are just there for insite and not to help... you may also pm me for an invite to the private forum
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-09-2008 at 10:45 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello!
    Sorry for being distant over the last few days. I have had a bit on with school, work and the social life. Busy times at the moment.

I'm sure a lot of you have been wondering where I am, maybe missing me... But I haven't forgotten yous all, haha. And please don't doubt that I am neglecting my project, but others have been looking after it for me over the past few days...

Cscho has been very busy lately...Organizing things and talking to people.
    I got luiz to set up a private forum on his site and it is available to developers or anyone willing to bring something to the table during our aim to create a better bluetooth system for the iPhone.
    Stealth and shadowck have been working on graphics and deigns.

Anyone is aloud to join our IRC channel and we urge you to do so. The more supporters we have, the better response we will receive. Refer to the first post of your looking for more details on this...

Alot of people are complaining or believe that we are going the wrong way about this...
    - The donations system is in place if people want to help us out and make it easier to find money influenced Devs.
    Your small donations adds up, everything helps... So if you can it would be great. It wont be stolen, wasted or used for any other purpose other than the bluetooth project.
    ANY donation will receive beta and alpha versions of the app once development begins. This will be exclusive to pre-development donators...
    - We are constantly planing. The thing is, we ARN'T sure how to go about this. That is why we need your help.
    Give us ideas, help us out.
    But we do have an aim, and a starting plan:
    *To create an app that will manipulate the Bluetooth Stack on the iPhone
    *Finding Devs for further research into the topic and development of the technology.

Thanks heaps to shadowck for finding details on the iPhone Bluetooth chip:
    Good news a far a research goes. Ive found that this is most likely the chip in the phone CSR - Changing the way the world connects: BlueCore4-ROM Also that software limits blue tooth profiles not the chip itself. If anyone has further information regarding thinks like this, post it here or contact us in the IRC/PM.
    @dorian, please don't use this thread for that particular issue... Please post it somewhere else. This is purely for development of the Bluetooth app.

Thank-you so much for this information Geniusdog254:
    OK, I'm not a dev, I have absolutely no OS X skills what so ever, I do have an iPhone 3G that I am willing to use to test, obviously this will have no bootloader hacks so it's impossible to brick the phone, so I'm willing to do any testing you need. I can't donate until I see a beta and even then not much. One thing I can offer for you is advice on how to go about this. For one, you CAN use an OS X stack, but it has to be open source, since the iPhone doesnt contain all of the OS X libraries. So my advice, find an open source stack, then use that code and write an interface for it, you could even sell it through app store if you contain it all in one program, just re-write the code to run on the iPhone, package any additional libraries not on the iPhone with it, and then it will run. All in one self contained app is fine for file transfers, but things like music will have to have firmware support so App Store is out if you need that.

So the basic steps:
    1. Find an OS X open source bluetooth stack.
    2. Convert the code to iPhone (not much work here really if done right)
    3. MAKE SURE you package any additional libraries not in 2.0 with it.

And yes, I do know it isnt that simple, that is just a VERY rough guideline you may like to follow.
    That information will come in handy. Would you like to be a part of our team. We could use your help greatly as you seem to know a bit about the topic...
    PM if your still having trouble getting on IRC...

Thanks m3thodandr3d. Would you like to join us on our IRC Chanel. We could do with a chat and see how you would personally go along with your plan to see if we could potentially get results.

[email protected], once again, PLEASE join us on IRC. We need as much info as we can get and you could have some stuff we need...

@mrtonyyx, The more we talk about it and look into it, the more possible it seems. The thing stopping the phone from having the A2DP profile is Apple hasn't included it in it's iPhone firmware... Please join us on IRC man.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us so far, with info or donations.
    Things are moving quicker than I imagined. But it is great, as we can get development underway and the final product to you alot faster!

NOTICE TO:
    #-Nickh
    #-netuser
    You must be more active you remain members... If not, you will be deleted from the team in at least 3 days time...
    Please join us on IRC!
    Last edited by MattMac; 08-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i will join, and will donate when there is a good deal of evidence that this will work.

Thanks

i have been keeping tabs on this to see how it goes.

i am in full support of this, however, to make the project + team sound allot more professional, and allot more likely to get the job done, and allot more investibly financially and investible from a developers point of view, please dont discuss your team members and inside info. on the boards of MMi etc. i'm sure you all have e-mail, and as team members should have eachothers e-mail, so e-mail eachother and communicate! i dont care about nickh or netuser, i care about bluetooth on the iphone!

you don't see the dev team posting all their private info from inside the group around their blog and site, let alone MMi.

with that aside, i wish you all the best and will support you financially as soon as some things start materializing. this is definitely a step in the right direction.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Added new info to the dev forum.
    Last edited by Geniusdog254; 08-11-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks

hey reeko... we have been getting on that... if you look through the posts some where i wrote not to write dev stuff... we have a private dev forum where we communicate and talk in irc...
    @genius... plz dont say dev stuff, redgister in our forum and talk about it there
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-10-2008 at 11:40 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks reeko & snake212.

@reeko, I was original using the thread to get members becuase I couldnt do that myself... but we don't need them. I was giving them a chance to stay with us and take part and if they didnt reply, that would be it... We disguss our important informaion and stuff in the IRC and private forum as cscho had said. Only the begining has been digussed here.

And yes, Genniusdog, please only post that information in our private forum. PM me or coscho if you don't know the adress... And also edit your post...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Our new blog is up! You can find it at iPhonedevBlue.tk. Go check it out!

Thanks

I've subscribed to this thread and wish you all the best guys
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

hey reeko... please join us on irc... id like to see if u can help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dont know much about programing..

But I can help with testing etc.. I have a bluetooth on the laptop and PC, and can run pretty much any host OS you might like to test with (just having a bit of trouble with OSX not detecting USB but working on fixing that), and also a windows mobile v6.1 running which i can also use for testing etc..

I work from 9-6 everyday (GMT) but usually available 3-4 hours everynight..

So if you need it, im here for testing.

Thanks

We could realy use you, please join us on irc so we could talk, today i wont be on till at least 9.30 est maybe later but maybe we could talk... also please dont forget to donate, the link is on the first post of this thread... thank you
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-13-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Guys - this thread is about two minutes from getting quite a few users a Spam Ban and Clean. This forum is NOT for you to advertise your blog/chat room/site/forum and get users.

If you have questions and want to work on stuff, by all means feel free to do so here in our development and other forums which are for PRECISELY what you are trying to pull users for.

Otherwise, find ways to advertise your site elsewhere please.

Donating is also being pulled from this post - if I see it again I WILL ban all users associated with the project. So far you have no progress other than a few people who are interested in seeing the end result you're asking for - basically asking for money with no real developments.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 08-13-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hm, well that seems to have killed the mood...

Anyways, I'm interested in watching this project progress, and offering help ... that is, if I have anything to offer.

Also, it seems the irc server is down ... irc.moofspeak.net correct? Can't get a connection for some reason, perhaps a typo?