+ Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PROJECT: iPhone Bluetooth!

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I would be happy to donate. That is as soon as something is developed?? I don't even think it is possible IMO. You get it working I will donate. Otherwise,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would be happy to donate. That is as soon as something is developed?? I don't even think it is possible IMO.

You get it working I will donate. Otherwise, you remind me of the people in the early days of the internet that would ask people to send them a penny to help pay thier bills and fools would.

Thanks

look im not even in control of the money so im not scamin no body... and matt has been working and on this for like ever now... we are not scamin nobody we just want to be able to tell devs that we need and we are going to reward them and help them by any means
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey MattMac. I would like to join the project.

First of all, to simplify finding this page, I have created a frowarding URL @ BluetoothProject.tk

So if you go to that page you will see the MMi thread here. Try it.

Second, I am good with graphics and GUI design So once you find some devs and get all the code, I will help you with that. But in the meantime I am working on a Project Bluetooth logo for you.

I am very interested in this project, and would like to join you.

Thanks

yah matt ive been working with stealth on irc... sign him up as an active member as well as luiz
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    i can promise you this... i and others are working on putting together a team to do this... donations help attract attention from the devs... but i dont know when this project will be in alpha stages... i dont even know when actually developement will start... so please donate your money and i with others will do our best to make sure it does not go to waste

also please refrain from leaving comments like
    its nice to see on our other thread but this is for development and donations mainly
    Whoooa...whats wrong with that comment...the truth is told in that comment nothing else. You don't like comments, don't post.

I don't donate much cause i don't find them useful after trying them. If it's useful and i keep, i donate. This here bluetooth project is useful and needed severely. You show me a beta, I'll donate to test, No hard feelings.

Thanks

ok... do what you want... no one is forced to donate... if you wana wait to see then wait to see then donate...

I want every one to know i got a virus trying to talk to cmw for all of you

im still on irc please join and ask questions
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Good news a far a research goes. Ive found that this is most likely the chip in the phone CSR - Changing the way the world connects: BlueCore4-ROM Also that software limits blue tooth profiles not the chip itself. If anyone has further information regarding thinks like this, post it here or contact us in the IRC/PM.

Thanks

hello.. its currently 3 oclock est... i am on irc and will be for a while... please feel free to join me and ask quetions and present ideas directly to me... matt has told me he will be on 3.30 aest which is like 1:30 am est... any way please join me
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 01:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone know a number or code to enter into the Iphone 3G that allows you to engage the headset so that you can listen to music over BT (like the old hack)? All of the number *307## and so forth just come up with errors now, so I can't figure out how to stream music. It is such a mystery to me that apple has done this.

Thanks

Humm, i have not heard of this. I will look into it. Thank you for enlightening me on this situation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, I'm not a dev, I have absolutely no OS X skills what so ever, I do have an iPhone 3G that I am willing to use to test, obviously this will have no bootloader hacks so it's impossible to brick the phone, so I'm willing to do any testing you need. I can't donate until I see a beta and even then not much. One thing I can offer for you is advice on how to go about this. For one, you CAN use an OS X stack, but it has to be open source, since the iPhone doesnt contain all of the OS X libraries. So my advice, find an open source stack, then use that code and write an interface for it, you could even sell it through app store if you contain it all in one program, just re-write the code to run on the iPhone, package any additional libraries not on the iPhone with it, and then it will run. All in one self contained app is fine for file transfers, but things like music will have to have firmware support so App Store is out if you need that.

So the basic steps:
    1. Find an OS X open source bluetooth stack.
    2. Convert the code to iPhone (not much work here really if done right)
    3. MAKE SURE you package any additional libraries not in 2.0 with it.

And yes, I do know it isnt that simple, that is just a VERY rough guideline you may like to follow.

Thanks

I'm willing to help out the project. Seems like we'll need to run a background service to make this work correctly. I still need to rebuild my toolchain and update the header files to 2.0 on cygwin
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

@ Geniusdog254 thats not a possible way from what i can see... it has to be a patch in the pre existing blue tooth profiles... but it would be great to talk to you on irc... please join me

m3... it would be great having u... i have already talked to u so all is good
    Last edited by cscho0415; 08-07-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, I'm tryin to figure out IRC now, I've never used it before lol, as far as I know its possible to do it that way, though i'm not sure

I'm using HIRC and I cant figure it out, it let me connect, but it says no active channel when I try to say anything, can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Geniusdog254; 08-07-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

bumbola... join us plz on irc

Thanks

matt... wtf... i was up till 3am my time which is 5pm urs... come on... dont say ull be on when ur not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    I'm willing to help out the project. Seems like we'll need to run a background service to make this work correctly. I still need to rebuild my toolchain and update the header files to 2.0 on cygwin
    lol!
    listen; we could just make an app that will show and videos; songs and photos and then users need to open that app to send stuff
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

Starting point? Try looking at some osx ported apps first like that one that allows you to run osx widgets. It says install the software the add some files from your mac to the iphone. I dont know the exact instructions but look at it. Also try breakingdown the iphones bluetooth stack aswell.