Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone development on a PC

Default Iphone development on a PC
    Hey,

I'm very new to the Iphone development, and my first question is:
    Is there any way to program applications for the Iphone using the Apple SDK and the Xcode IDE on a PC computer?

Thanks

No.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

^^
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Thanks

Dont listen to them ^

Its not exactly PC, but it doesnt involve spending $1000 on a mac.
    Use this guide: Official Dell Inspiron 1501 Guide - InsanelyMac Forum

This will work for any computer. You should know A LITTLE about Dual Booting/MAC/OSX86

Also unless you use WiFi, only do steps 1-11 and you'll be able to use it in VmWare(If you dont even know what that is, give up)

If you need ANY help, contact me via PM and ill get back to you.
    It takes 15 kepypresses to type "wow your such a fag" but 1 click to thank someone.

A download takes a while, so why not type "Thanks for the download" every once in a while instead of wasting time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to russkiy For This Useful Post:

Darksecrets (04-06-2010)

Wow, that post is old. didn't expect to get an answer from here quite a while now.
    Well, indeed I didn't listen to them!
    I installed a hackintosh on my PC and it works really great so far.

I appreciate your reply though. thanks!

good info... man i wish i would have looked at this sooner.

Thanks

No problem.

Im here to help.
    It takes 15 kepypresses to type "wow your such a fag" but 1 click to thank someone.

A download takes a while, so why not type "Thanks for the download" every once in a while instead of wasting time.

is there realy no other way than OSX86 for developing on pc for iphone ?

in my case OSX86 will be difficult since my pc is a laptop and I fear hardware compatibility problems...

thanks !

If you want to develop for the App Store, you must use a Mac.

If you want to develop for Cydia/jailbreak, it is possible to develop on the iPhone itself from the PC. It may also be possible to develop on the PC using Cygwin, but that has not been well documented for 2.x/3.x.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

I have looked the cygwin solution but it's also quite difficult : i will try osx86 wich is more documented.

thank you !

There is a very simple solution to this, provided that you only want to develop for jailbroken devices. Follow Jay Freeman(saurik)'s instructions at Upgrading the iPhone Toolchain - Jay Freeman (saurik) to upgrade the toolchain for 2.0+. Also, keep in mind if you want to link against the new 3.0 frameworks and libraries, you will have to compile ld64.

you shoud use iatkos v7 to dualboot mac and windows. If you cant use wifi on the mac go into windows and download the sdk. Then switch to your mac and install it- it works perfectly for me!

yeah you can use iatkos v7 to dualboot mac and windows. If you dont have wifi on your mac download the sdk with windows and go to your mac and install it. Go to Shiny Gizmo
    for a guide
    Last edited by rbrt.brennan; 07-27-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to boxxa For This Useful Post:

Benibur (07-29-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Airplay SDK on PC and Mac
    I'm using Airplay SDK on Mac to develop for iPhone, Android and other platforms.

Some friends are using Airplay SDK on PC. This lets you develop, test, deploy and sign your iPhone apps (all the way to App Store submission) purely in a PC environment.

Might be worth looking at if you don't have access to Macs.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickdunhill For This Useful Post:

avsman05 (04-03-2010), nerdyperdy (04-17-2010)

Lightbulb Dual Booting Windows/Mac
    I see many people saying to dual boot mac and pc. The problem is, PCs have different specifications and motherboards. The user interface may be a bit different. Plus, it's illegal to download snow leopard from the internet. It's also illegal to modify the disk so it works on Windows. So basically, there's no way to do it on Windows OS. The only way to do it would be dual booting (illegal), or buy a Mac. I, personally, am going with buying an iMac. You can get them on eBay now for 400-500 dollars, just buy the previous one. It's bigger, and the processor isn't that slower than the new one. Don't buy it from Apple refurbished, they're asking 1279 dollars.
    That's just my opinion on this, anyone feel free to comment on this idea.....

I forgot to say, I just went with WinterBoard theming until now, since I'm getting a Mac. It works on Mac and PC, and it's really easy. Making apps for the Cydia jailbroken app store can also be done on PC, the only thing you can not do on PC is xCode, which you NEED to make apps on Apple's app store.
    Last edited by fccardiff; 04-04-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Everyone knows Macs are better than PCs"
    -Me
    I'm a member of TPWDDA on Steam. Are you?
    Why did you throw your iPod at the wall?

My Jailbroken iPod running my theme available by the ModMyi repository on Cydia (Lego Star Wars Theme)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Airplay SDK
    Quote Originally Posted by fccardiff View Post
    the only thing you can not do on PC is xCode, which you NEED to make apps on Apple's app store.
    Not true! Read my previous post about Airplay SDK:
    Home | Airplay SDK

Airplay SDK enables you to develop, deploy and sign iPhone apps (all the way to App Store submission) purely in a PC / Visual C++ environment. A bunch of apps have already made their way to the App Store this way, including some killer games like Activision's "Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies".

Best of all, you can hit a button to deploy to Android (uses the Android NDK behind the scenes). I've been using it for almost a month, and I'm now a complete convert!

There's also DragonFireSDK but that costs $50.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ahhhh VMware will work on a PC for SDK? will it have enough virtual memory and hard disk?

I think if you are serious about developing for iphone I would invest in a mac. Even a second hand intel mac from ebay?

Apple are not telling developers that windows is usable yet...so I would stay clear for now, until a suitable iTunes is released to develop cross platform

what's dragonflySDK?

Sorry, my bad "DragonfireSDK"
    Last edited by stevel2w1; 04-10-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You could most likely do through vmware for windowsand then run Mac as the virtual
    Keithsta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast