+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer Uninstaller part how it works ?

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi, I'm currently working on some scripts that need to be run in background and while phone in sleep mode, and got them working to the part i want but
    iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Installer Uninstaller part how it works ?
    Hi,

I'm currently working on some scripts that need to be run in background and while phone in sleep mode, and got them working to the part i want but need to be able to stop the process.

Issue is the process is always changes as using a continuos while loop.

I've taken a look at SMS Notify app and see how it is ran as a daemon and will continuously restart process. If i manually kill process it will restarts script. If you delete all files manually, script still in memory and run. If you reboot phone afterwards will not run.

Now if i choose uninstall from installer, the scripts stop running, deletes all files and resprings spring board and no process running in background.

Seeing as SMS notify does indeed charge process id's like scripts i am working on, how is it killing the random process/script from running.

ANy help or suggestions. ... .i understand it is more a unix ? but is part of development as uninstall routine is part of development to get rid of any traces of a program.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I would suggest investigating the launchd system as that is how you are supposed to manage background processes on OS X.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

theguyz (01-19-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

I see my issue....idiotic mistake.

Was using 'launchctl stop daemonname'. Which just restarts daemon once launchd is run and rechecks directories.

What i needed was 'launchctl unload daemonname' which stops daemon which in turn stops script from running again, until 'load' command or iPhone reboot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I DOWNLOADED CONTACTS APP BUT ITS ONLY FOR 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 BUT I HAVE 1.0.2 . I CANT DELETE IT NOW AND EVERYTIME I OPEN IT , IT FREEZES .. PLEASE HELP ME WHAT DO I DO ???????????