Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Toolchain Installation Issues

Default Toolchain Installation Issues
    I am using this site to install the toolchain on my computer: http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/Windo...n_Installation

Everything was going nice, but while running Cygwin I got an error.

It is supposed to extract the files from Archive.pax.gz which are the sdk files right? I don't get what's wrong, anyone know?

Not sure...I did it manually. If you can't overcome this problem, you can try doing it the old-fashioned way using the Windows toolchain instructions here.

The script failed because you used a folder with acsiace in it for your home directory -always a bad idea but especially in a Unix environment.

Setup cygein with a home directory without using spaces and don't name any other folders with spaces in the future you want to use with cygwin.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

I think you can use sometimes use spaces in folder names, but you have to refer to them by their odd names, e.g. Progra~1 for Program Files...

Windows supports spaces, but DOS did not. The Command Prompt sometimes does, but you can't count on it unless you know what you are doing.

Unix also supports spaces, but you really should know what you are doing.

And if you know what you are doing, you probably stay away from file and folder names containing spaces as much as possible.
    Pocket-sized Development

Windows supports spaces, but DOS did not. The Command Prompt sometimes does, but you can't count on it unless you know what you are doing.

And if you know what you are doing, you probably stay away from file and folder names continaing spaces as much as possible.

And if you know what you are doing, you probably stay away from file and folder names containing spaces as much as possible.

Pocket-sized Development

I think spaces were a Win95 selling point...

To come up with the orthodox name, usually you take the first six letters and put ~1 (or whatever number) after it...

But I would not only avoid spaces, I would avoid using different dir names than what everyone else is using. It will make getting help in the future a lot easier...