Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone itunes Library Persistent ID match

Default Iphone itunes Library Persistent ID match
    hello all. Not sure where exactly to post this question, but Dev seems like a good start:
    Where is the Library Persistent ID stored in the iPhone? I can reset it on the itunes side, but i need the id stored on the iphone. Plz help.

I need to know this as well....

I know that this thread is a bit old, but was an answer to this ever found? I was searching Google and came across this thread, and I was wondering the same question. I lost the ID to my original library due to a format, and all I have is the database on my phone.

Wow, this thread is almost a year old without being answered. I too have this problem after my main pc died. Anyone know if I can SSH into my iphone and locate the original iTunes "Library Persistent ID" it shared with my now-dead pc?

Thanks in advance!

Default does anyone have a working itunesdb and iTunes Music Library.xml
    if anyone has an iphone that they can sink to their itunes, if they could post their

1. iTunes Music Library.xml file
    2. the itunesdb file from their iphone, i could figure out how to fix this if you have lost your existing iTunes Music Library.xml file due to computer crash or whatever reason.

this is what situation i'm in right now, my computer crashed so when i reinstalled windows, i lost my "iTunes Music Library.xml" file, but i am fairly familiar w/ the itunesdb where most of the library settings are stored on the iphone so if i have some working examples i can easily figure this out.

please help someone

you can use this program to get your itunesdb file from your iphone Downloads - iphonebrowser - Google Code
    here's the actual installer http://iphonebrowser.googlecode.com/...owser.1.91.exe

log to private/var/mobile/media/itunes_control/itunes
    and find the itunesDB or itunesCDB file, open it with a hex editor and look the the middle 4 segments of the 3rd line.
    This is the byte reverse order of your persistent ID so that means,
    if it says like 12 34 56 78 90 12 34 56, then your id is actually 5634129078563412, replace the id in your library.xml and library.itl with this one and you're done.

Default How to find persistent ID on your iphone 3GS with ssh
    How to find persistent ID on your iphone 3GS with ssh(NO need library.xml and library.itl)

1.open ssh
    2.log to private/var/mobile/media/itunes_control/itunes
    3.find the iTunesPrefs file
    4.open it with a hex editor
    5.look at the first row '00000000' column 'C'

This is the byte reverse order of your persistent ID so that mean
    if it says like 12 34 56 78 90 12 34 56, then your id is actually 5634129078563412, replace the id in your library.xml and library.itl with this one and you're done.

i have found it on a 3GS soo i dont know if its the same on all iphone.

thanks to jmeteor0525 for the idea

Default Obtain Library Persistent ID from iPhone
    There are two ways to locate your iTunes Library Persistent ID on your iPhone, this is usefull when you want to sync your iPhone to multiple iTunes libraries , not just your home one. Especially when you don't have access to your home computer at the moment, or it has crashed or cannot be recovered and you need to find your Library Persistant ID, this allows you to avoid restoring your iPhone, and avoid losing all your music,contacts,photos,apps,notes,calandars,bookmar ks,ect,ect. from there you can back up and sync your iPhone to any new computer and pick up where you left off

I will explain both methods here.
    you will need to install a Hex Editor on your computer (ex. HexEdit, UltraEdit)
    Obviously You will need a jailbroken iPhone to do this, Also you will need to install Open SSH from Cydia. If you do not know how to SSH into your iPhone I will not explain how to do this, they are many other tutorials for this.

Method 1:
    SSH into the file; private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes and open the file called "iTunesCDB" with your Hex Editor. The Library Persistent ID is written in reverse on the third line down (20) in the middle eight sets of characters (Row 20 - Column 4,5,6,7,8,9,a,b). Sets of double characters stay the same, just reverse the overall order of the sets from first to last (say for example if your Hex Editor displayed "b4 10 63 cc c5 57 ec 7f" then your Library Persistent ID would actually be "7FEC57C5CC6310B4")

Method 2:
    SSH into the file; private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes and open the file called "iTunesPrefs" with your Hex Editor. The Library Persistent ID is written in reverse on the seventh or eleventh line down (60 or a0) in the first eight sets of characters (Row 60 or a0 - Column 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7). Sets of double characters stay the same, just reverse the overall order of the sets from first to last (say for example if your Hex Editor displayed "b4 10 63 cc c5 57 ec 7f" then your Library Persistent ID would actually be "7FEC57C5CC6310B4")

This actually works great if you follow the steps correctly
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by JackTheRipper420; 09-09-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Actually there's a 3rd way to obtain the Persistent ID from the iPhone. This method doesn't require a jailbreaked phone:

- Backup the iPhone using iTunes by right clicking on the device in the Devices list and selecting 'Backup'. This will backup certain files from your iPhone to somewhere on your system; depending on which OS you're using. %appdata%\apple computer\mobilesync\backup\<unique identifier> on Windows. Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup on OS X IIRC.

- Inside the most recent backup-directory, find the file called info.plist and open that using your favorite text editor.

- Look for the iTunesPrefs key in there, and grab the content of its data element. This data is base 64 encoded. Decode the data using a base 64 decoder. I googled, found and used Base 64 Decoder

- Save the binary file from the decoder somewhere and open that in a hex editor like in the other solutions.

- If the first 4 bytes are now 'frpd' you're on the right track. The Persistent ID is now located at offset 12 (0x0c). 8 bytes in reverse order.

If someone wants to make a proper guide from this. Go ahead.

Unhappy Persistent Library ID
    Hi, i have managed to get to 'frpd' the only problem now is that i cannot identify the offset 12 (0x0c). To be honest i don't really know how to find it. Could you please help me out? This is my bin file, could you please decode it and let me know my library persisten ID?

frpd�
    ���]�X�eԱ�<��8������������������������s�t�v�� ��������������yE��0�������B���@�i���������d� ���������������������������������������B���@�i ���������������������������������Tz�-%&O�#��x/�ݪ�������������������������������������������� ����������������������������������������������� �������������������������������������������������� �����������Familia Silva��������������������������������������������� ������YOUR-9C1825B5CD���������������������������������������� �������������������������������������������������� �����������������������Silva Family�������������������������������������������� ��������YOUR-9C1825B5CD���������������������������������������� ���������Silva Family�������������������������������������������� ��������DASILVA����������������������������������� ����������������������Silva Family�������������������������������������������� ��������DASILVA����������������������������������� �������������������������������������������������� �������������������������������������������������� �������������������������������������������������� Silva Family�������������������������������������������� ��������YOUR-9C1825B5CD���������������������������������������� �������������������������

Thanks in advance,

Orfeugars

You need to open the resulting 'frpd' file in an HEX editor. Then copy the bytes at offset 12, and note that these are in reverse order. So if you see 0102030405060708 the persistent id is 0807060504030201

Default Persistent Library ID
    Lassem,

Thanks for your reply... The problem is, as i said, i don't know how to identify the offset 12! Could you please have a look at the code on the previous post and see if you can identify my persistent ID? Or perhaps help me to identify the offset 12???

Thanks for your help,

orfeugars

lassem,

This is what came out when i decoded the iTunesPrefs key:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>ApplicationIDs</key>
    <array>
    <string>com.sbgame.Ankagua</string>
    <string>com.linloole.aRSLiteDistr090128</string>
    <string>5N9Z6T4VH7.com.astraware.boardgames</string>
    <string>tv.bestbefore.AudioBoo</string>
    <string>com.stylem.Backgrounds</string>
    <string>net.intua.BeatMaker</string>
    <string>com.yourcompany.Blocked</string>
    <string>com.gameloft.ChessAndBackgammonClassics</string>
    <string>com.ea.cluebv</string>
    <string>com.yourcompany.DrumKit</string>
    <string>com.crudegames.enigma</string>
    <string>com.gameloft.Ferrari</string>
    <string>fizzsoftware.com.fizzbrain</string>
    <string>com.freeverse.marillion</string>
    <string>com.firemint.flightcontrol</string>
    <string>com.gameloft.GuitarRockTour2</string>
    <string>com.dmbc.bible</string>
    <string>com.howang.hwBrowser</string>
    <string>com.indianic.brainggames</string>
    <string>pl.spruce.iFoosball</string>
    <string>com.eingrad.RadioBox</string>
    <string>com.chillingo.iPingpong</string>
    <string>com.blackfrogindustries.iswapfaces</string>
    <string>se.codify.labyrinth</string>
    <string>com.coolmoon.LCube</string>
    <string>com.yourcompany.Frog</string>
    <string>XVUGHA4552.mm.com.anusen.mathseries</string>
    <string>com.mboxmail.mboxmail</string>
    <string>com.yourcompany.MiniPiano</string>
    <string>com.backflipstudios.PaperToss</string>
    <string>net.podmap.PocketGuitar</string>
    <string>com.kissthemachine.Reversi</string>
    <string>com.readdle.Shakespeare</string>
    <string>com.skizzix.ShredderChess</string>
    <string>V2VBAEJZ7S.WorkoutWarrior</string>
    <string>com.skype.skype</string>
    <string>com.apple.Holdem</string>
    <string>com.skyworks.PingPong</string>
    <string>com.jlcmobile.iMakeSoundsLite</string>
    <string>com.redkeysoftware.sudoku</string>
    <string>NTYFK6GEE8.tChessLite</string>
    <string>com.handheldgames.TouchSportsTennis</string>
    <string>com.chillingo.vegaspoolsharks</string>
    <string>com.yourcompany.VirtualPool</string>
    <string>de.buzzworks.WorldView</string>
    </array>
    <key>MoviePlaylistIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>MovieTrackIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>MusicAlbumIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>MusicArtistIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>MusicGenreNames</key>
    <array/>
    <key>MusicPlaylistIDs</key>
    <array>
    <integer>7246840382870647222</integer>
    </array>
    <key>PodcastChannelIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>PodcastPlaylistIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>PodcastTrackIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>RingtoneTrackIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>TVShowAlbumIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>TVShowNames</key>
    <array/>
    <key>TVShowPlaylistIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>TVShowTrackIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>iPodPrefs</key>
    <data>
    ZnJwZAEADQABAAACXeaZAli4ZQXUsao8igjYOAAAAAAAAAABAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAA
    AAECAABzqRF0GOiIdgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAADXeUWf/DAAhAABAQQAAAAAQv6qykC5
    aQMCAAAAr/H1zO7ykWQAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA
    AgAAAAABAEL+qspAuWkDAAIAAQABAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQIAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAFR6xi0lESZPlyOs03gvyd2qBa8WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEBAQQAAAAAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARmFtaWxpYSBTaW x2YQAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAFlPVVItOUMxODI1
    QjVDRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAU2lsdmEgRmFtaWx5AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFlPVVItOUMxOD I1QjVDRAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAABTaWx2YSBGYW1p
    bHkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAREFTSUxWQQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFNpbHZhIEZhbWlseQAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABEQVNJTFZBAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABTaWx2YSBGYW1pbHkAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWU9VUi05Qz E4MjVCNUNEAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAA=
    </data>
    <key>iTunesUChannelIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>iTunesUPlaylistIDs</key>
    <array/>
    <key>iTunesUTrackIDs</key>
    <array/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Does this mean anyhing?

thanks,
    Last edited by orfeugars; 10-17-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Red face Library ID
    Sorry lassem,

Now i sent the bin file as an attachment. This should help. It would be great if you could help.
    thanks,

orfeugars
    Attached Files Attached Files

From the file I read 5de6990258b86505, and that would produce the persistent id: 0565b8580299e65d

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lassem For This Useful Post:

orfeugars (10-17-2009)

Talking Persistent ID
    Hey lassem,

Thank you very much man! It's incredible! I can't even beleive, but my iphone is now working the way it should. You are the man!

Cheers,

orfeugars.

I had my MacBook Pro stolen the other day, and now need to sync my iPhone with my new MacBook Pro. Unfortunately I cannot use the "Backup iPhone" trick because the backups are encrypted and the encryption checkbox is force checked.

So, here's my procedure:

Use a Windows machine to run iPhoneBrowser (is there an OSX equivalent?)
    Downloads - iphonebrowser - Project Hosting on Google Code

Browse to the [root]/iTunes_Control/iTunes folder on the phone.

Right click on the file "iTunesPrefs" (not "iTunesPrefs.plist") and select "save as".

Use a hex editor (I prefer XVI32 when on Windows) to read bytes 12-19 in that file. This is the Persistent ID in reverse order.
    Freeware Hex Editor XVI32

On the new computer, get HexEdit (or if your new computer is Windows, you can keep using XVI32)
    Download HexEdit from SourceForge.net

Edit your "iTunes Music Library.xml" file (on OSX, that is in ~/Music/iTunes) to replace the "Library Persistent ID" value with the value you obtained from the iPhone. (copy the old value from this file for use in a find+replace in the next step)

Finally, use find+replace on your "iTunes Library" file (in HEX mode!) to replace the old Persistent ID you saw in the xml file with your new one.

And then try the phone sync, and it should accept your iPhone

lassem = genius

Hours and hours searching for a solution to this problem.

My songs on the iphone are no longer greyed out in iTunes and I can sync with out the computer wanting to Sync & Erase!
    Thanks

Default still not working
    I followed the previous post by p120ph37 and I am still getting asked to reformat and resync. I understand that the library ID is in reverse order in the Hex file stored on the phone. Can someone please show me which cells to read when finding this ID. also, when I paste this into my itunes library and Itunes Music Library files where do I paste the new ID and in what order?

Thanks so much

I attached a Screenie of the Hex file read from the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-itunesprefs-file-.jpg  

Default Fixed it
    Im dumb and cant count.... I was looking in the wrong place. All is good now, Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by lassem View Post
    Actually there's a 3rd way to obtain the Persistent ID from the iPhone. This method doesn't require a jailbreaked phone:

- Backup the iPhone using iTunes by right clicking on the device in the Devices list and selecting 'Backup'. This will backup certain files from your iPhone to somewhere on your system; depending on which OS you're using. %appdata%apple computermobilesyncbackup<unique identifier> on Windows. Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup on OS X IIRC.

- Inside the most recent backup-directory, find the file called info.plist and open that using your favorite text editor.

- Look for the iTunesPrefs key in there, and grab the content of its data element. This data is base 64 encoded. Decode the data using a base 64 decoder. I googled, found and used Base 64 Decoder

- Save the binary file from the decoder somewhere and open that in a hex editor like in the other solutions.

- If the first 4 bytes are now 'frpd' you're on the right track. The Persistent ID is now located at offset 12 (0x0c). 8 bytes in reverse order.

If someone wants to make a proper guide from this. Go ahead.
    I followed your guide and someone elses in this thread and still not able to get this this for iTunes to work. I used iphone browser and saved the itunescdb and pref files and got the code, did the edits and still didnt work.

I attached a zip file with the 2 files and if you can tell me what to code to use cause Im fed up trying for the past 3 hours. Ive tried 3 differnt codes and still no luck. I have a iphone 3GS with firmware 3.1.2.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast