Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone itunes Library Persistent ID match

Icedog, your persistent id is BA491FFF47134247, taken from the iTunesPrefs file you attached.

There seems to be a lot of frustration in trying to find the Persistent ID. So I am working on a tool to do some of the work for you... Here's the beginning of it. (just threw it up in the last few minutes)

iPhone Persistent ID revealer

I'll add more to it later (like editing your iTunes conf files for you), but for now it works well enough to tell you the Persistent ID, in the correct order, given the iTunesPrefs file. (it is my goal to replace lassem with a small script :-P )

-P120ph37

Nice work!

May I suggest, however, that you drop the 'requirement' of iPhoneBrowser as it's really not neccessary. As I stated in 'guide' all you need is a backup of your iPhone. A backup made by iTunes, and iTunes backs up whatever is connected to it, regardless of whether it's 'paired' or not.

You could even have your iPhone Persistent ID revealer parse the Info.plist itself, base-64 decode the iTunesPrefs key and display the persistent ID to the user.

If the Info.plist contains the persistent ID elsewhere, this could be used to sanitize the process.

/ Lasse

Default same issue!
    hi lassem - i was able to get to the frpd file in the hex editor. i don't know how to read the file though. can you help me extract the persistent ID from the attachment?
    thanks!

sorry for the post! i used the tool that was provided and it worked - my persistent id is 2022302E31223D6E

now i'm not so sure - the persistent id above didn't work when i copied and pasted it into the itunes library .xml and .itl files, as instructed. any thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cezinho; 12-03-2009 at 02:24 PM.

The iPhone Persistent ID revealer tells me that the persistent id is 0D8E47F636B523C3, which is correct AFAICT from the data you posted.

i know this is an old thread but i cant get iphonebrowser to work so could someoe please tell me what my Persistant ID is

</data>
    <key>iTunesPrefs</key>
    <data>
    ZnJwZAEADQABAQECCs6QQlu87dMemEsXHrL11AAAAAAAAQABAA ABAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAQAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQEAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAB
    AAQAAAAACs6QQlu87dMBAAAAHphLFx6y9dQAAAAAAAABAAAAAA AAAAABAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAQEBAArOkEJbvO3TAAIAAQ ECAAEAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAQIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFhVQQeebO312a o9TtuuXgd/
    AVrWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAABAAQAAAAAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARXp6eQAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAE1h
    YyBNaW5p4oCZcyBNYWMgbWluaQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARX p6eQAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAE1hYyBNaW5p4oCZcyBNYWMgbWluaQAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEV6enkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAABNYWMg
    TWluaeKAmXMgTWFjIG1pbmkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAABFenp5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATWFjIE1pbmnigJ lzIE1hYyBt
    aW5pAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

Thanks

Sorry to resurect a dead thread!

I followed this earlier, and now I can sync my music between iphone and itunes with no problem. But now I can't sync my apps!!

There must be another apps database on the iphone which I need to change the persistent ID to match itunes again. Any ideas where this would be?

Cheers,

-Ifor

Default Exactly my requirement
    Is there a solution that can do it all
    Mostly i need my apps.
    any help is appreciated.
    Al

Bump Bump
    Last edited by almerchant; 02-28-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey i tried doing this...i got the id from the iphone and when i went to put it in the files on my computer they were already the same, but when i go to change my iphone setting to manually sync it still tells me that my iphone is synced with another library and that i have to erase everything. does anyone know what i might be doing wrong?

so i found this site (iPhone Persistent ID revealer) to help me find my persistent id.. but it's coming up as

Is this normal?

Here is the iTunesPrefs file from my iPhone: iTunesPrefs
    and the persistent id on my itunes is 622A089C0F56409B

which should i change to what?

thanks!

This trick no longer works with iTunes 10...
    Does anyone know of a workaround? My PC keeps telling me that I have to erase and sync anyways (phone is linked to another itunes library), even though I've done all of the steps described above.

Check here: iClarified - iPhone - How to Sync Your iPhone With Multiple Computers (Comments)
    comment dated: 2010-11-01 21:32:14

Default iTunes 10.1 - Think first before plugging in your iPod or iPhone
    This Library Persistent ID in iTunes 10.0 freaky Notes worked very briefly. However, with 10.1 even this fails. There is some programming in the background that detects changes to the Library Persistent ID (LPID) and reverts it to the original. This is very annoying. Nowadays with folks owning multiple Macs and 'i" devices of various vintages, we should be able to use or legitimately purchased content on any and all devices we own without having to endlessly search for hacks. The darned thing actually auto-deleted a legitimate purchase on one of my older iPods!!

I got this to work with iTunes 10.1 and iOS 4.1+
    I suck at making guides, so if you don't understand something, ask me.

Instead of replacing the Persistent ID on your computer, replace the ones on your iPhone/iPod Touch. There are 6 Persistent IDs hidden in 2 files on your iPhone.

Find your computer's Persistent ID in "iTunes Music Library.xml" then put spaces between every two letters.
    Eg: Persistent ID is 0A816A74D49524AD, with spaces 0A 81 6A 74 D4 95 24 AD.
    Then reverse it 0A 81 6A 74 D4 95 24 AD = AD 24 95 D4 74 6A 81 0A

On your iPhone find your Persistent ID in the "iTunesPrefs" file from var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control/iTunes same place as before, bytes 12-19 and save it some where.

There should be 3 sets of Persistent ID inside that file, replace them all with the reversed ID from your computer.

The other set of Persistent ID are located in "iTunesPrefs.plist" file from the same place.
    You will need a .plist editor

Now take out all the spaces except the one in the middle AD 24 95 D4 74 6A 81 0A = AD2495D4 746A810A

There should be 3 more sets of ID in the iPodPrefs line. Find and replace all of them.
    Eg: BA491FFF 47134247 to AD2495D4 746A810A

Copy/overwrite the files on your iPhone with the new ones.
    *Both files need to be copied at the same time while iTunes is closed*

iPhone/iPod should now sync

Post Can you please help me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by lassem View Post
    Actually there's a 3rd way to obtain the Persistent ID from the iPhone. This method doesn't require a jailbreaked phone:

- Backup the iPhone using iTunes by right clicking on the device in the Devices list and selecting 'Backup'. This will backup certain files from your iPhone to somewhere on your system; depending on which OS you're using. %appdata%\apple computer\mobilesync\backup\<unique identifier> on Windows. Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup on OS X IIRC.

- Inside the most recent backup-directory, find the file called info.plist and open that using your favorite text editor.

- Look for the iTunesPrefs key in there, and grab the content of its data element. This data is base 64 encoded. Decode the data using a base 64 decoder. I googled, found and used Base 64 Decoder

- Save the binary file from the decoder somewhere and open that in a hex editor like in the other solutions.

- If the first 4 bytes are now 'frpd' you're on the right track. The Persistent ID is now located at offset 12 (0x0c). 8 bytes in reverse order.

If someone wants to make a proper guide from this. Go ahead.
    I decoded my itunespref data and now i don't know what to do to have my Persistent number.

Can you help me?

Find attached the txt. file that i saved from the decoder.

thanx !64.txt

Cool Additional Details for Anybody that Needs it
    For anyone that got stuck on the Library Persistent ID (LPID), let me share my experience. Firstly, I'd love to thank everyone on this forum, ESPECIALLY lassem. Thanks bro. I'd also like to thank p120ph37, your iPhone Persistent ID revealer tool is what did the magic for me. Still, to share some thoughts.

Firstly, my I have an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1. It's jailbroken, so I used WinSCP to get the ItunesPrefs file. I used XVI32 for hex-editing purposes. Additionally, I installed the latest iTunes, version 11 (iTunes ver. 11.0.0.163).

To begin with, I used the information that offset byte 12 is the (presumed start of) LPID. For me, I verified it to be the start of 13, not 12. Let me be more specific: Adr. hex 13 is the STARTING of the LPID, so 12 is the second set of values, 11 is the third, and so on. In other words, the last value for my LPID is at Adr. hex C (which is in the first row)

Next, I tried to edit the XML and ITL files. The editing was a success, but iTunes failed to deliver: it still gave me that annoying error saying I can't sync it. THANKFULLY, MacLover on iskysoft.com posted that he got it to work with iTunes 10, albeit with some deviation (more info here: How to sync an iPhone with multiple Macs (iPhone 5 included) scroll down to the comments section). To paraphrase, the ITL file gets modified by iTunes to its original values again. The XML, on the other hand, does not. MacLover said that rather than replacing the LPID in the ITL file, he "corrupted" the ITL file by opening it with a regular editor (like Notepad) and putting in a bunch of garbage characters and spaces all over the place. He saved the ITL file and closed it, then fired up iTunes. It worked.

I'm glad to announce that this method applies to iTunes 11.0 as well. I corrupted the original ITL file, iTunes detected it and used the XML (which retained the new LPID) to generate a new ITL file with the appropriate LPID, and I can now manually manage music on my iPhone again!

I'm really thankful to this thread, it helped me get my iPhone back. I registered just to say thanks and put in my two cents with the iTunes 11 thing. Cheers!

Blitz9826

Default Can't seem to get this!
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz9826 View Post
    For anyone that got stuck on the Library Persistent ID (LPID), let me share my experience. Firstly, I'd love to thank everyone on this forum, ESPECIALLY lassem. Thanks bro. I'd also like to thank p120ph37, your iPhone Persistent ID revealer tool is what did the magic for me. Still, to share some thoughts.

Firstly, my I have an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1. It's jailbroken, so I used WinSCP to get the ItunesPrefs file. I used XVI32 for hex-editing purposes. Additionally, I installed the latest iTunes, version 11 (iTunes ver. 11.0.0.163).

To begin with, I used the information that offset byte 12 is the (presumed start of) LPID. For me, I verified it to be the start of 13, not 12. Let me be more specific: Adr. hex 13 is the STARTING of the LPID, so 12 is the second set of values, 11 is the third, and so on. In other words, the last value for my LPID is at Adr. hex C (which is in the first row)

Next, I tried to edit the XML and ITL files. The editing was a success, but iTunes failed to deliver: it still gave me that annoying error saying I can't sync it. THANKFULLY, MacLover on iskysoft.com posted that he got it to work with iTunes 10, albeit with some deviation (more info here: How to sync an iPhone with multiple Macs (iPhone 5 included) scroll down to the comments section). To paraphrase, the ITL file gets modified by iTunes to its original values again. The XML, on the other hand, does not. MacLover said that rather than replacing the LPID in the ITL file, he "corrupted" the ITL file by opening it with a regular editor (like Notepad) and putting in a bunch of garbage characters and spaces all over the place. He saved the ITL file and closed it, then fired up iTunes. It worked.

I'm glad to announce that this method applies to iTunes 11.0 as well. I corrupted the original ITL file, iTunes detected it and used the XML (which retained the new LPID) to generate a new ITL file with the appropriate LPID, and I can now manually manage music on my iPhone again!

I'm really thankful to this thread, it helped me get my iPhone back. I registered just to say thanks and put in my two cents with the iTunes 11 thing. Cheers!

Blitz9826
    Thank you for your info, Blitz9826. I have tried for the past two hours to rewrite files, etc to no avail. I should state first that I just got my iPhone so I have absolutely no experience with messing with files, let alone hex and .plist extensions. If I knew that itunes was such a PIA, I think I would've gotten a Droid.

Anyway, what exactly did you do to get this to work? I was able to alter the two files on my iPhone 4 changing them out with the LPID (backwards and spaced) from my original Mac. However, I wasn't sure what exactly you did to your .itl and XML files on your 2nd computer. You stated you altered the .itl file with spaces, did you do anything with the XML file?--i.e. replace the LPID in it?--if so, which LPID did you replace it with (the backwards one, or the exact one from your original computer?)

I would appreciate your help (or anyone's for that matter), as this is driving me insane and I am so wishing I got a different phone. I seriously hate itunes.

Much thanks in advance!! Oh, and as I stated above, I have an iPhone 4 and am using iTunes 11.

shshimo,

Basically, I used WinSCP to login to my iPhone and retrieve the two needed files. I'll make it clear here, do NOT modify any files on the phone. Using this site, iPhone Persistent ID revealer , I figured out the persistent ID of my iPhone. I hex address mumbo jumbo earlier was for reference only. Once you've got the LPID from that link (you have to upload the iTunesPrefs file to get the LPID, very useful), open up Music from the Start Menu (on Windows 7; on Windows XP it'll probably be My Documents\My Music). Open up the iTunes folder, and first open the iTunesLibrary ITL file with notepad. Add a bunch of spaces wherever you want randomly, and save and exit. Next, open the XML file. Replace the hex string under the Library Persistent ID section of the XML file with the one the website outputted. Save, exit, and launch iTunes. It'll tell you that the library is corrupt. Of course it is, we corrupted the ITL file! It'll use the XML file as a base to recreate the ITL file this time with the correct LPID, and you can manually manage your iPhone now! I hope this works for ya.

Cheers,

Blitz9826

PS: Sorry for the delayed response

19. The Following User Says Thank You to blitz9826 For This Useful Post:

shshimo (02-10-2013)

Default iTunes 11
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz9826 View Post
    shshimo,

Basically, I used WinSCP to login to my iPhone and retrieve the two needed files. I'll make it clear here, do NOT modify any files on the phone. Using this site, iPhone Persistent ID revealer , I figured out the persistent ID of my iPhone. I hex address mumbo jumbo earlier was for reference only. Once you've got the LPID from that link (you have to upload the iTunesPrefs file to get the LPID, very useful), open up Music from the Start Menu (on Windows 7; on Windows XP it'll probably be My Documents\My Music). Open up the iTunes folder, and first open the iTunesLibrary ITL file with notepad. Add a bunch of spaces wherever you want randomly, and save and exit. Next, open the XML file. Replace the hex string under the Library Persistent ID section of the XML file with the one the website outputted. Save, exit, and launch iTunes. It'll tell you that the library is corrupt. Of course it is, we corrupted the ITL file! It'll use the XML file as a base to recreate the ITL file this time with the correct LPID, and you can manually manage your iPhone now! I hope this works for ya.

Cheers,

Blitz9826

PS: Sorry for the delayed response
    Any idea how to o this in iTunes 11? I have boh my new and old IDs, but have read that iTunes 11 auto fixes itself after you change the ID.

Any idea how to o this in iTunes 11?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast