+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Firmware?

is a discussion within the

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I was thinking the other day that hacking the iphone might just become more and more complex as time passes by... So I was thinking if there could be an
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Custom Firmware?
    I was thinking the other day that hacking the iphone might just become more and more complex as time passes by...

So I was thinking if there could be an alternative to factory FW?

Like in the PSP I think the iPhone could be well leading in the same direction, moving us away from Apple and gaining more control of our devices...

Well.....I am insane???

Greets

Developer
    Thanks

No, you are not insane. I am actually working on a custom firmware for the iPhone right now. The finished product will be 1.1.2 with a dozen new languages (Korean, Norwegian, Japanese, etc.), many new keyboards/region formats, pre-bundled with Installer.app, SSH, and iWorld.app, and a few other cool tweaks (Download mp3/pdf/torrent/doc files off of Safari, SpringBoard mods, new preferences, etc.).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

atlking (12-05-2007)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

finally this will be perfect. Now we can merge some applications into prefrences like customize and summerboard.. or rename it to themes and options and ect. that would be really cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone atlking's Avatar
    Thanks
    that all sound really really good ............looking forward to it!!

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    finally this will be perfect. Now we can merge some applications into prefrences like customize and summerboard.. or rename it to themes and options and ect. that would be really cool
    I've been trying to do this as my top priority, but the program that I am using to disassemble the various files on the iPhone's filesystem requires that I find out what kind of compiler Apple used to compile the applications and frameworks in order for me to be able to better analyze the files and add to the framework files to allow for more options and controllers to be added. You may be thinking of how that one guy added an option to disable autocorrection, but in reality, it was already there and Apple just had not implemented it for whatever reason. It will be much harder to actually add an option from scratch, especially if it was from a homebrew application

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    if this actually happens that would be SO cool. a true custom firmware w/o just having custom programs, u can truly customize them all. i love it. keep up the good work!