Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to edit "WEBCORE" framwork

Default How to edit "WEBCORE" framwork
    i want to edit the file :

/System/Library/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/WebCore

its a ~ 4.46mb binary file. ( on 1.1.4 )

how can i edit this file ?

can i convert it to TEXT , EDIT and convert to binary ?

or i have to Compile this file from the sources ?
    (Apple - iPhone)
    if so , how can i compile webcore in windows , or linux ? ( no Mac OS available )

thank you

The fact that you ask this means you are going down the wrong road and shouldn't be attempting it.

The file is created by Apple from their source; to edit it properly you would need to go to work for Apple.

It is possible to hack such a file by disassembling it and then figuring out the binary patch you want and using a binary editor on it. If you don't know assembly language, machine language, how Objective-C is compiled to machine language, and how OS-X frameworks work, I wouldn't recommend attempting it.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

thanks for your answer ,

but i thought WebCore is opensource ! and we can edit it ... compiling from the source or disassembling and edit ...

its not opensource ? > ( Apple - iPhone )

I've no idea if that would work - however, you need a copy of the toolchain to compile sources for iPhone.

There are some guides here and stickies on getting the toolchain under Cygwin for Windows or for Linux.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Even without getting the original source code the file still can be edited in any HEX-editor. The only question - what do you try to achieve with it?

useful,thank u...