Page 595 of 613 FirstFirst ... 95 495 545 585593594595596597 605 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,900 of 12256

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 16,453 Times in 7,691 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by misterjrw View Post
    I forgot to ask that exact question about XenHTML!!!!

Yep, gonna purchase that as I've been following the thread for a while now. Would that replace LHTML4 or not?

Cheers again
    Yes. XenHTML also offers a LS alternative to LH4 (which itself is still a great tweak). But imho XenHTML is the best tweak to come along in last 2 years. And finally in public beta for iOS 10! Enjoy!
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-03-08 at 06:29 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

misterjrw (2017-03-08)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

One other thing, due to the way the camera is accessed from the LS, is there a way currently on iOS10 to either a) disable the ability to slide to the left or b) stop the widget from disappearing (thus showing the LS wallpaper, albeit briefly) when sliding.

I've tried changing the settings within LHTML for 'fade while scrolling' but the widget completely disappears with that enabled (once you have started the slide), whereas having that switch off, the widget goes immediately upon slide (showing LS wallpaper) but does return when finished sliding. i hope that makes sense??!!??

Regards

Thanks

One other thing, due to the way the camera is accessed from the LS, is there a way currently on iOS10 to either a) disable the ability to slide to the left or b) stop the widget from disappearing (thus showing the LS wallpaper, albeit briefly) when sliding.

I've tried changing the settings within LHTML for 'fade while scrolling' but the widget completely disappears with that enabled (once you have started the slide), whereas having that switch off, the widget goes immediately upon slide (showing LS wallpaper) but does return when finished sliding. i hope that makes sense??!!??

Regards
    The partner product to XenHTML, called XenLockScreen intelligently deals with many more things LS related to the XenHTML product.. but XenLockScreen (XLS) is not available for purchase yet.. it's the next generation of Matchstic's product "Convergence" you may remember. Though the GLOBAL settings in the Lockscreen mode of XenHTML(XH) may also deal with what you are talking about. I don't remember any of that Stock-Wallpaper-showing-through aspect you're talking about while I've been beta testing XH.. I can only tell you to 'take the chance' and purchase it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2017-03-09), misterjrw (2017-03-08)

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    Well I finally got my 6S+ Yalu jailbroken and I need help understanding what I need to install this clock widget as I like simplicity...
    can you guys help me out what I need and where to get that clock widget Please and help would be appreciated I dont really need spoon feed but at least where to start
    Here is the SBHTML do as NewD suggested he knows his stuff probably better than any of us do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bz9pzjsnr5...SBWW3.zip?dl=0

Kindest Regards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pitter8 For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2017-03-09)

How's it going folks? Can someone take a look this widget? Thinking it needs to be updated since I'm seeing TBD" as the city name.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxzcr5r3uz...%20WW.zip?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasis View Post
    How's it going folks? Can someone take a look this widget? Thinking it needs to be updated since I'm seeing TBD" as the city name.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxzcr5r3uz...%20WW.zip?dl=0
    This is a simple one, Thomas..

In the updateWeather function, bottom third of the code, look for this.find ("name")....

And change "name" to "city". Respring and done.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2017-03-09), Glawrence33 (2017-03-09), kristatos (2017-03-09), Marty McFly (2017-03-09), thomasis (2017-03-10)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Yes. XenHTML also offers a LS alternative to LH4 (which itself is still a great tweak). But imho XenHTML is the best tweak to come along in last 2 years. And finally in public beta for iOS 10! Enjoy!
    Took the plunge and oh my, what a gorgeous and easy app matchstic has created. I'm still getting the LS wallpaper showing when sliding to get to the camera from the lock screen (same as LHTML) but with a Flex3 patch from sinfool (disable access to LS camera), all is now perfect. Well, almost....is there a way in XenHTML to hide the LS battery that pops up when on charge? Or will I have to wait for Xen Lockscreen to do that? I suppose I could reinstall LHTML and hide it that way? Unless there is a better method?

Thanks again for all your help

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misterjrw For This Useful Post:

NewD (2017-03-09)

Thanks

Took the plunge and oh my, what a gorgeous and easy app matchstic has created. I'm still getting the LS wallpaper showing when sliding to get to the camera from the lock screen (same as LHTML) but with a Flex3 patch from sinfool (disable access to LS camera), all is now perfect. Well, almost....is there a way in XenHTML to hide the LS battery that pops up when on charge? Or will I have to wait for Xen Lockscreen to do that? I suppose I could reinstall LHTML and hide it that way? Unless there is a better method?

Thanks again for all your help
    Neither XH nor XLS hide charger battery. You'll need a different tweak for that. Glad you like Xen "Suites" stuff from Matchstic! He's amazing! His next undertaking (A little birdie tells me) is Xen Widgets - his alternative to iWidgets.

Default UniAW7
    I added scroll function to the forecast summary, on my LS mod. If you turn on 'useScrollOnForecastExtras', tap on sunrise time to toggle summary on/off.
    If you have 'useScrollOnForecastExtras' turned off, just tap on the animation screen to toggle summary on/off.
    NewD... I added this in touch.js, just under function ForecastTouch. I'm not great at writing new code. When you get time, would you mind taking a look at it? I'd like to know if you had a better (cleaner) way of writing it. Thanks!!
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/m38ctz2mjv35b91

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2017-03-11), kristatos (2017-03-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by menard_00 View Post
    I added scroll function to the forecast summary, on my LS mod. If you turn on 'useScrollOnForecastExtras', tap on sunrise time to toggle summary on/off.
    If you have 'useScrollOnForecastExtras' turned off, just tap on the animation screen to toggle summary on/off.
    NewD... I added this in touch.js, just under function ForecastTouch. I'm not great at writing new code. When you get time, would you mind taking a look at it? I'd like to know if you had a better (cleaner) way of writing it. Thanks!!
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/m38ctz2mjv35b91
    I'll be interested to see how you accomplished both scroll and tap on and off.. they were fighting each other for me -- you'd scroll but that very "touchend" tap would also then fade the forecast out (or back in).. that's actually why I put the switch for true or false for scrolling in the config.js.. so users would choose one or the other but not both.

Always interested to look at your work, dude!

Your LS has been on my phone for a couple weeks now..

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2017-03-13), menard_00 (2017-03-10)

Thanks

Menard..
    When it comes to coding, one lesson I've well learned, is that there's more than one way to do things and get the job done.. lol!! Having worked on Dacal/Ian-style coding for so long - when I open a widget by June'siPhone it all looks Greek to me. He codes SO differently.

You GOT THE JOB DONE! In touch.js, dude! So that's what matters..

You did it in a very roundabout way.. and lots more lines than you needed.. but it works great!!

If you wish to see a more simplified approach I'm happy to share. Not sure why you went with an opacity 1.0 versus opacity 0.0 to show and hide things when the className FadeOut and FadeIn already accomplished the exact same thing. But I'll dig in a little further and let u know what I find.

I assume you started this new mod from my updated one to you?

Default UniAW7
    I'm the same way with June's code. I did mod a few of his single page IS2 widgets. Lots of info you can pull, straight from the phone!
    I did start from your updated version. I am interested to see how you rewrite it!
    Now that you pointed it out... not sure why I have both opacity and FadeIn/Out
    Thanks again for looking at it!

Thanks

One of the great simplify-ers is to rely on JQuery.. which Dacal always includes the plugin for in all our U7 widgets and most all widgets the community uses.. So this line:
    Code:
    document.getElementById("APIName").style.color = "red";
    in JQuery becomes:
    Code:
    $("#APIName).css("color", "red");
    ...But that alone wouldn't be a huge savings on code lines... until you try and do multiple things like..
    Code:
    document.getElementById("APIName").style.color = "red";
    document.getElementById("APIName").style.top = 32 + '%';
    document.getElementById("APIName").style.width = 80 + '%';
    ..which in JQuery can be done all in one line..
    Code:
    $("#APIName").css({ "top":"32%", "width":"80%", "color":"red" });
    NOW we're talkin' savings!

Another time saver are FOR' loops.. which are huge savings makers too.. A FOR loop is used when you want to do repetitive tasks. Like to adding a css property to multiple items in an array array of data within a variable. (A typical array looks like myVariable = [arrayPostion0, arrayPosition1, arrayPosition2, etc]); So first - we tell the loop what position of the array to look at first, then we tell the loop how many full times to do the loop.. then we increase the number of the loop by 1 until the full times, previously specified is met.. so that looks like:
    Code:
    for (i=1, i<6, i++) {..... do lots of stuff here }
    That loop will execute the stuff in { } 5 times.

So. for example, after Ian gets all the data from the widgetweather.xml for the 5 days of the forecast (using a 'for loop' later in the code.. he 'places the data in that familiar left to right look by using a FOR loop with lines to affect the positioning of each element..
    Code:
    for (var i = 1; i<6; i++) {
    	document.getElementById("Day" + i + "Icon").style.left = 2.5 +  20*(i-1) + "%";
    	document.getElementById("Day" + i + "Pop").style.left = 12 +  20*(i-1) + "%";
    	document.getElementById("Day" + i).style.left = 2 +  20*(i-1) + "%";
    	document.getElementById("Day" + i + "HiLo").style.left = 2.2 +  20*(i-1) + "%";
    }
    Note how that variable 'i' is so important for each position of each day of the forecast.. Each time the FOR LOOP executes one number higher (i++) it's grabbing the next day's data..

Okay.. that's enough code lesson stuff for one post.. LOL

Thanks

I'm the same way with June's code. I did mod a few of his single page IS2 widgets. Lots of info you can pull, straight from the phone!
    I did start from your updated version. I am interested to see how you rewrite it!
    Menard.. Even notwithstanding whether you use the document.getElementById method or the jQuery method for opacity + fade in or not.. the way you've written the if/else statements doesn't allow for people who want the summary ON at startup. The touch function is dead for any combination with that on.. The only way it works for for SCROLLING set to TRUE and SUMMARYONAT STARTUP to FALSE.. Then your code works fine.. And as far as 'modding' goes.. that may be EXACTLY the only option you want to offer.. There IS such a thing as 'too many options'.. In fact the whole Millennial Generation is often CRIPPLED from making any decisions because they have SO much to pick from in life.. ...

So I will try and mod it to teach you the shorter code method to get to your goal.. but I won't take the time to rewrite for every combination possible.. even though my instinct is to always do that..

Working on some other projects now.. I'll need another day to look over.. as my attempt at a quick and dirty solution, surprisingly, didn't work.. Not sure why it didn't.. I'll repost when done..

GREAT ADD ON to your widget though.. I LOVE the ability to tap on and off AND SCROLL when it's ON.. Awesome addition. In fact SOME version of that functionality I will eventually add to the base in its next update.

You keep pushin' me, bro!! Love it!

I'm hoping users will like the Worded-Summaries feature.. Even if they don't have free API keys from WU or DarkSky (fio) - the code I wrote for the Apple weather stuff is pretty complete.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2017-03-11), menard_00 (2017-03-11)

Sorry if this has been answered. Anytime fog is involved in animation, Everything runs really slow. It runs so slow that tapping to turn off animation lags and doesnt recognize my tap. I get resprings, freezes and get the white screen of death etc... My phone just doesn't like it. I have full screen fog turned off. Anyway to make the fog not be as demanding? Thanks

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus26jc View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered. Anytime fog is involved in animation, Everything runs really slow. It runs so slow that tapping to turn off animation lags and doesnt recognize my tap. I get resprings, freezes and get the white screen of death etc... My phone just doesn't like it. I have full screen fog turned off. Anyway to make the fog not be as demanding? Thanks
    I don't have this experience with fog on my 7+ (10.1.1). What phone do you have and what iOS?

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    I don't have this experience with fog on my 7+ (10.1.1). What phone do you have and what iOS?
    I have a 6+ with IOS 10.2. Using Xenhtml

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus26jc View Post
    I have a 6+ with IOS 10.2. Using Xenhtml
    Unfortunately, incubus, the 6+ was the worst phone Apple ever made. Tries to do too much with only 1GB of RAM. It's very understandable why the fog animation would possibly bog down your phone. Unfortunately even WKWebKit is not going to solve that problem on a 6+. You should auto-respring much less using XenHTML that you did trying to use LockHTML4

But your only real hope is to get a newer phone with 2 GB of RAM or more and wait for the next jailbreak.

Ian did include a super lite mode in the config.JS. You might try turning that on and see if it makes any difference.

On my 6S+ (2GB RAM) (that I sold) and 7+ (3GB RAM) (my current) I have no lag at all with fog. Interestingly I also have no lag with it on my 6 (1GB RAM) (still own) .. but the 6 - was always heartier than the 6+ because it had less pixels to support on the 4.7" screen.
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-03-11 at 07:49 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Charun (2017-03-11), incubus26jc (2017-03-11)

Thanks

Menard.. Here is the rewrite leading on jQuery to get rid of all those extra document.getElementbyId lines AND getting rid of opactity = 1.0 or 0.0.. which are duplicative of the fade-out/fade-in class set early in the style.css.

Early in the style.css you see this.
    .fade-in { opacity = 1.0; }
    .faded-out ( opacity = 0.0; }
    ...so no need for both..

So here:
    Code:
    if ((useScrollOnForecastExtras == true) && (showForecastExtras_on_startup == false)) {
    	$(".AllSumms").addClass('fade-out');
    	document.getElementById('ShowSumm').addEventListener(touchmode, touchShowSumm, false);
    	var ShowSummdisplay = false;
    	function touchShowSumm(event) {
    		event.preventDefault(); 
    		if (ShowSummdisplay == false) {
    			$(".AllSumms").addClass('fade-in');
    			document.getElementById('Day0desc').className = "fade-out";
    			document.getElementById('APIName').className = "fade-in";
    			ShowSummdisplay = true;
    		} else {
    			$(".AllSumms").removeClass('fade-in');
    			document.getElementById('APIName').className = "fade-out";
    			document.getElementById('Day0desc').className = "fade-in";
    			ShowSummdisplay = false;
    		}
    	}
    }
    Not sure why, after the 'else' $(".AllSumms").addClass('fade-out'); didn't work.. ?!? I had to 'remove class... Hmmm..

Also - really interesting - is that I don't know why the .AllSumms method of jQuery isn't what I used in my section under yours in touch.js..

What I'm trying to do now.. is just make a cleaner way to have all combinations of those 2 switches work.. Right now when you say
    if ((useScrollOnForecastExtras == true) && (showForecastExtras_on_startup == false)) {
    .. you are making your 'else' that comes later.. be for a condition where BOTH 'scroll' would need to be false and 'forecast_on_startup' would need to be true.. That's a little too limiting.. So I'll just clean that up.. Otherwise.. GREAT idea.. I think MANY modders and users would like to use the Scrolling on LS widget AND the tap on and off.
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-03-11 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks

Okay Menard..
    First thing I learned.. was that AGAIN.. one line of code in my redo for WW3 near the end of dealWithWeather () function was still too overreaching.. Where I put:
    Code:
    if (useScrollOnForecastExtras == true) {
    	$(".AllSumms").css({'overflowY':'scroll','-webkit-overflow-scrolling':'touch', 'z-index':'9999'});
    }
    ... I really shouldn't force a FADE-IN there just when the Scrolling switch is on... So I got rid of the $(".AllSumms").addClass('fade-in'); line there and just let such a line remain only here.. a few lines down.. FULLY associated only with the ForecastExtras_on_startup switch.
    Code:
    if (showForecastExtras_on_startup == true) {
    	$("#APIName").addClass('fade-in');
    } else {
    	$("#APIName").addClass('fade-out');
    }
    I DO want to associate the APIName with the summaries.. so they're tied together there.

Now for YOUR widget... the way you want to 'swap' the #Day0desc and APIName.. For YOUR mod only.. you need to add that in same spot.. So for your widget.. Make it like this...
    Code:
    if (showForecastExtras_on_startup == true) {
    	$("#APIName").addClass('fade-in');
    	$("#Day0desc").addClass('fade-out'); //Menard Mod
    } else {
    	$("#APIName").addClass('fade-out');
    	$("#Day0desc").addClass('fade-in'); //Menard Mod
    }
    Then for you mod, for nice smoothness. You should re-add the EASE IN 0.4 code to the style.css. I saw you turned it off for probably some other overreaching thing I did... But the EASE IN code, should remain in the #APIName tag in style.css AND added to #Day0desc for your mod..

Then all that's left is the quite simplified touch section.. Still don't know WHY I used my 'every single Summary separate' approach there.. Something about the '.AllSumms' class I guess wasn't working when I first Modded from what Marty gave me.. SO.. Here you go.. This is the ENTIRE ForecastTouch() function now in touch.js.. And it all works perfectly..

Code:
    function ForecastTouch() {
    	document.getElementById('ShowSumm').addEventListener(touchmode, touchShowSumm, false);
    	var ShowSummdisplay = ( showForecastExtras_on_startup == true ) ? true : false;
    	function touchShowSumm(event) {
    		event.preventDefault(); 
    		if (ShowSummdisplay == false) {
    			document.getElementById('Day0desc').className = "fade-out"; //Menard mod
    			document.getElementById('APIName').className = "fade-in";
    			ShowSummdisplay = true;
    		} else {
    			$(".AllSumms").removeClass('fade-in');
    			document.getElementById('APIName').className = "fade-out";
    			document.getElementById('Day0desc').className = "fade-in"; //Menard mod
    			ShowSummdisplay = false;
    		}
    	}
    }
    Of course in my 'base' we won't need the Day0desc line.. that's unique to your mod..
    In my base I also had to add the ShowSumm div in the HTML and in CSS.. so a DIFFERENT touch location could be added.. Not sure how I'll adapt that to the base.. because in the base I just want people to tap the center of the data area to fade in and out.. And if scrolling is on too.. it will scroll and fade at the same time. This was the original reason for me being more heavy handed in the touch.js and main.js preventing tap touch and scrolling touch at the same time.. But it's an important feature to keep for LS widgets. We don't have scrolling on SB.. And Matchstic that would be TOO involved to even add from his perspective as a coder. Tap and Double Tap is all we'll ever have on SB.. Which is GREAT!!!

I'll relink your updated widget here - soon... Thanks for PUSHING me with your great MOD ideas, Menard!!!! You and Morkin0 and Jaques and MartyMcFly always push me to the next level!!!
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-03-12 at 12:24 AM.

Page 595 of 613 FirstFirst ... 95 495 545 585593594595596597 605 ... LastLast