Page 593 of 612 FirstFirst ... 93 493 543 583591592593594595 603 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,860 of 12226

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by menard_00 View Post
    Here's my newest LS mod, using NewD's most recent version of UniAW. Works with XenLS and LockHTML4.
    Touch anywhere in the animation window to bring up forecast summary. Touch current condition icon to turn animations on/off. Touch arrows to navigate between WW3 saved locations. Touch 5 day forecast to toggle moon info. Slide hourly forecast to view the next 6 hours.
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/x3paa3aggag5ftb
    Aha!... Okay Menard.. I think I see the issue.. In my attempt to allow people to see the Forecast Summaries always ON on the LS and only scrolling.. Not fade in/fade out with touch... (Like on Wallpaper).. I made your job very hard for you..Whenever there are CSS items put in the Main.js it overrides things in the style.css and I also made exceptions for LockBackground.html which you had to undo with if (currentDoc != "NOLockBackground.html")...

I made you jump through a lot of hoops there.. That's not good.. I'll have to re-evaulate that going forward.. Don't want it to be so cumbersome.. AND in doing what you had to do... it killed the user's ability to choose another API for data... Hmmm.

Excellent TEST RUN of the new base.. It FAILED.... LOOOL!!!. Menard is a great modder and was able to work around my roadblocks.. but it messed up other options I wanted the user to have...

So back to the drawing board.. It won't take long... And I will update Menard's too when I make it WAY easier...

VERY HELPFUL TEST RUN! Thanks, Menard!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2017-03-07)

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Well.. here's the thing, Morkino, and I may not be understanding you.. But the weather walls never change unless the phone is open while traveling.. since the xml is updating so often (with actual NEW data).. When the phone is stationary - the weather walls will only change (there are 4 for each weather condition) IF there's an actual change to the weather in the API.. SO even if WW3 is set to '1 minute'. If there's NO NEW data in the xml after that 1 minute.. neither the weather nor the weather walls will update. Not on any version of UniAW7 that I've ever owned.. It's possible that that the reason GroovyCarrot changed the syntax to goovyAPI.do ({read: ..... because the widget was staying on in the background.. even while asleep.. What you're considering a 'correct way' of operating.. and all other widget BROKEN for updating.. is the way the widgets SHOULD work.. When I'm sitting - looking at my phone with it set to auto close NEVER.. I do NOT want to see the weather walls and xml update date CHANGING every 30 seconds.. That would be an INCORRECT way of the code working.. And would be a huge drain to the battery. Ian and Dacal designed the code.. (or refined it, by the time U7.1 was finished to ONLY update the weather data WHEN there was NEW data from the xml.. If the data was IDENTICAL to 30 seconds ago.. NO update.. no weather wall change... LastUpdated = last time new data was received.

So my problem is that, for me... As I sit my 5S and 7+ phones side my side.. with the same widget.. same time interval (1 minute) in WW3... Both the widget in 7+ in XenHTML and my widget on 5S in GroovyBoard+ are updating identically -- which in NOT AT ALL until new data arrives from the xml.

So I still need to conclude that no version of 7.1 will ever run like your U6 version.. because the 7.1 was revised to be easier on the battery. STILL my 5S and 7+ are 'updating on their own' without a respring. Just not as often as your U6 - which I wouldn't want anyway..

I hope I made myself clear.. Please send me a link to your U6 personal version.. for me to verify that it updates MORE often on my 5S in GB+... Then I will know for sure my conclusion is correct (or incorrect.. LOL).
    Well Grant, my U7 is updating as I set on WW3.
    I have 1 minute interval set in WW3, he is updating every minutes independently that the new xml file is identical to the previous...
    Look at these two shoots below taken one after the other in one minute In the lower right corner you will see that the xmlupdate has changed (verificato) and there are two different weather walls.
    This for me is beautiful...
    I sent you the link for the widget in PM

Last edited by morkino; 2017-03-04 at 07:34 PM.

Default UniAW7
    I forgot, the widget is sleeping when the phone is locked because when you open it, the xmlupdate indicates the time of the last update and it is not one minute ago...

But all the update stuff is happening also with the U7.1 that is using LockHTML and NOT G+ in my LS. 1 minute inWW3 - 1 minute for update and change wall...
    Last edited by morkino; 2017-03-04 at 07:39 PM.

Look. This is U7.1 with LockHTML
    Two minutes. Two different w.walls and different update time (lower right corner - verificato)
    I send you also this in PM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to morkino For This Useful Post:

schalker44 (2017-03-04)

Thanks

Morkino.. Thanks.. The 'Last updated' time is only telling you when the xml updated... .. It's NOT telling you the last time NEW DATA CAME IN... This is a common misconception with U7..

AND your widget is a U7 one? Can't be.. because that OLD groovyAPI code was NOT in U7 ever.. Only U6.. I'm confused now...

Default UniAW7
    Morkino.. Thanks.. The 'Last updated' time is only telling you when the xml updated... .. It's NOT telling you the last time NEW DATA CAME IN... This is a common misconception with U7..

AND your widget is a U7 one? Can't be.. because that OLD groovyAPI code was NOT in U7 ever.. Only U6.. I'm confused now...
    I know Grant, as you can see there are no changes in the data except for the update time. But the weather walls do change...
    Have a look to the my mods I sent you.
    The one for the SB is an early version of the U7, (remember last summer? It was the only working with G+ on my phone, I installed it to avoid resprings) the one for the LS is for sure a U7.1 even if is not the latest.
    Well, you know, I put my hands everywhere: main.js, animation.js... maybe is because of that ... But I love the way they work, I mean, they do exactly what I want them to do...
    Last edited by morkino; 2017-03-04 at 08:37 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to morkino For This Useful Post:

NewD (2017-03-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morkino View Post
    I know Grant, as you can see there are no changes in the data except for the update time. But the weather walls do change...
    Have a look to the my mods I sent you.
    The one for the SB is an early version of the U7, (remember last summer? It was the only working with G+ on my phone, I installed it to avoid resprings) the one for the LS is for sure a U7.1 even if is not the latest.
    Well, you know, I put my hands everywhere: main.js, animation.js... maybe is because of that ... But I love the way they work, I mean, they do exactly what I want them to do...
    I will take a look later. Working now. But I have one other theory. A while ago Rasputin gave us code to bypass the obj.updatetimestring in updateWeather() function. When that's installed and your phone is open everything will keep updating regardless of what's in the XML file. Every 30 seconds you'll see a change in the weather walls and everything else. Possible you have that code in your widget. I will check later.

Default UniAW7
    Aha!... I made your job very hard for you..Whenever there are CSS items put in the Main.js it overrides things in the style.css and I also made exceptions for LockBackground.html which you had to undo with if (currentDoc != "NOLockBackground.html")...

VERY HELPFUL TEST RUN! Thanks, Menard!!
    You're exactly right NewD. I should have stated about not being able to use other API's. Could have saved you some trouble there.
    I did all mods on my phone, while working nights so I didn't have the time or resources to try a bunch of 'workarounds'. Changing "LockBackground" to "NoLockBackground" was the quick/easy fix. Still had ability to view summary, but was restricted to one
    I also figured out that you set several attributes in main.js, though it took a little bit of digging. For a new coder/modder it would be a challenging task.
    It's your code and you've done a great job adding these new features/info, but.... (just my opinion) for the base model, I would try to have all mod changes be through CSS and config.js. When people have to go through the scripts and start changing code, you end up 'creating new widgets' instead of making the base 'look different'.
    For the first test run, I wouldn't say it failed. All your new additions are there, just need to tweak a few things. So let's just call it 99.3% complete

Thanks

You're exactly right NewD. I should have stated about not being able to use other API's. Could have saved you some trouble there.
    I did all mods on my phone, while working nights so I didn't have the time or resources to try a bunch of 'workarounds'. Changing "LockBackground" to "NoLockBackground" was the quick/easy fix. Still had ability to view summary, but was restricted to one
    I also figured out that you set several attributes in main.js, though it took a little bit of digging. For a new coder/modder it would be a challenging task.
    It's your code and you've done a great job adding these new features/info, but.... (just my opinion) for the base model, I would try to have all mod changes be through CSS and config.js. When people have to go through the scripts and start changing code, you end up 'creating new widgets' instead of making the base 'look different'.
    For the first test run, I wouldn't say it failed. All your new additions are there, just need to tweak a few things. So let's just call it 99.3% complete
    Well thank you for your gracious assessment, Menard!! This is indeed a great way for me to learn what helps modders and users the most.. I will redo your widget too so it IS as you'd hoped it would be but with all WW3 choices preserved. Without that- it's just a WW2 widget, you know? ..

Talk soon..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2017-03-05)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 879 Posts

Here's my newest LS mod, using NewD's most recent version of UniAW. Works with XenLS and LockHTML4.
    Touch anywhere in the animation window to bring up forecast summary. Touch current condition icon to turn animations on/off. Touch arrows to navigate between WW3 saved locations. Touch 5 day forecast to toggle moon info. Slide hourly forecast to view the next 6 hours.
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/x3paa3aggag5ftb
    Thanks for sharing it!!!
    On my iphone 5,ios8.4 that i use convergance,doesnt show something!!
    What should i do;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    Thanks for sharing it!!!
    On my iphone 5,ios8.4 that i use convergance,doesnt show something!!
    What should i do;
    Do you have WidgetWeather3 installed. Haven't used Convergance in a while.
    It does work with LockHTML4.

so can someone point me to final code for forecast date with suffix please?ty
    i'm little out of bounds

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 879 Posts

Do you have WidgetWeather3 installed. Haven't used Convergance in a while.
    It does work with LockHTML4.
    Yes,all my ls themes works with ww3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by #m37h{ View Post
    so can someone point me to final code for forecast date with suffix please?ty
    i'm little out of bounds
    You find the code at post #11798 or the Uniaw at post 11826

19. The Following User Says Thank You to morkino For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2017-03-05)

Got a couple of problems.
    First how do I get the change to hourly forecast?
    Only found 2 working touch zones, one changes day-forecast and moon and the other turns animation on/off.
    Second, when being fortunate enough to have a WU API key and selecting the WU extra data, they seem to be "lost in space" or better they don't seem to have a position, see top of the screenshot.

EDIT
    Solved the hourly forecast problem after several resprings it finally worked.

-wu-prob.png
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2017-03-06 at 12:06 AM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Got a couple of problems.
    First how do I get the change to hourly forecast?
    Only found 2 working touch zones, one changes day-forecast and moon and the other turns animation on/off.
    Second, when being fortunate enough to have a WU API key and selecting the WU extra data, they seem to be "lost in space" or better they don't seem to have a position, see top of the screenshot.
    That's by design, Ras. The modder must switch on the Extras code in config.js.. and remove the display:none from the items you wish in style.css at the bottom. Then I've included positioning code - for when you you turn on ShowAllWW3 data in config.js. You can change top and left to your heart's content to position the hourly where you wish it. There's no way to fit all data from WW3 in UniAW7.. So you must make your own creative choices for where to place things..

In config.js. Change ShowAllWW3Stuff to "true".. and you'll see why that particular block of text is "in the clouds"..

Thanks

Okay, Menard... This was a very fruitful weekend for me.. looking at the 'extra gymnastics' you had to go through to get your mod to do what you needed despite my 'heavy-handedness' with override css stuff in the main.js. Please download this updated version of your LS widget which is still faithful to your mod design.. but gives the user the control again of which API they use. All aspects of moving the forecast summary section is fully controllable in style.css again.. for ALL API choices for the summary..

If it meets your approval... then please relink this one in the SHARE HTML thread... and other places you share...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ard_WW3_LS.zip

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2017-03-07)

Thanks

Default UniAW7.1_WW3 Base - updated yet again.. THX!
    And I updated the UniAW7_WW3 base - yet again... Sorry, gang! This info from Menard's mod was too important.

Keeping as much as possible in the style.css is always the best approach. SO.. if you already have a mod in the works.. All you need to do is download the U7_WW3base yet one more time from it's usual link:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip
    ... and then just replace your main.js, touch.js, config.js, config_iWidget.js & config_anem.js. Also replace the WW3 only stuff at the bottom of this new style.css with the bottom of your style.css.. and your widget should be up to date.

Changelog:
    1) The Forecast Summaries are now locked together in the style.css only and whatever changes you make there will affect them all so you can just choose your weatherAPI of choice in config.js and whatever css you've added will work for ALL potential choices.
    2) To preserve the ability to use vertical scrolling touch on the Lockscreen version - for example if you set Number of Days in forecast to '10' and want to scroll them on LS - there's a new variable, bottom of config.js, to choose scrolling touch of tap touch - which will just fade in and fade out summaries. So you have a choice there now.
    3) As of last version.. though I'll remind you again... you also have a variable in config.js near the bottom for choosing whether the default for the Forecast Summary is faded IN or OUT as the widget starts up.

Don't forget, to make widget lean as possible... the default setting for the Forecast extras (Summaries) is FALSE for WU, FIO(DarkSky) & ACCU as those switches are defaulted to OFF in WidgetWeather3 too. If Accuweather works in your area and/or, if you go ahead and get the Free API keys for WeatherUnderground or Forecast.IO (DarkSky)... you'll need to switch those extras on in config.js before you'll see them in U7.1_WW3.

That's all for now!! Help to know what I can make better.. This base is a project I enjoy. Giving you maximum options in a modder's base for U7.1.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

incubus26jc (2017-03-06), jm26200 (2017-03-06), menard_00 (2017-03-07)

That's by design, Ras. The modder must switch on the Extras code in config.js.. and remove the display:none from the items you wish in style.css at the bottom. Then I've included positioning code - for when you you turn on ShowAllWW3 data in config.js. You can change top and left to your heart's content to position the hourly where you wish it. There's no way to fit all data from WW3 in UniAW7.. So you must make your own creative choices for where to place things..

In config.js. Change ShowAllWW3Stuff to "true".. and you'll see why that particular block of text is "in the clouds"..
    OK, so, deleted the "display:none" in css, and set ShowAllWW3Stuff to true.
    Now my LS looks like this
    -wu-data.png
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    OK, so, deleted the "display:none" in css, and set ShowAllWW3Stuff to true.
    Now my LS looks like this
    -wu-data.png
    Exactly.. as designed/coded.. though you didn't need to get rid of any display:none to see that.. that's also done in JavaScript..

With that ShowAll switch on.. it's only intended as a "demo" showing of all data available to you from all API's..

To start modding FROM U7 turn that ShowAll switch back to false.. Then for each block of data you wish to try and add to U7... turn on its "data pack" bottom of config.js.. then start using the positioning css tags I've given you bottom of style.css.

Simple.

Page 593 of 612 FirstFirst ... 93 493 543 583591592593594595 603 ... LastLast