Page 591 of 606 FirstFirst ... 91 491 541 581589590591592593 601 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,820 of 12111

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Excellent! Please let me know when you have your widget working in the new Base in GroovyBoard+.. Just want to make sure it's also fine in iOS8 with G+ stuff.

I also let this thread always know when I've made more updates to the base.
    Unfortunately also this version is not updating the weather on my phone.
    But as I told you month ago I think that is a specific case for my phone, you might also remember when moon and sun where not moving with the workaround when it was running on SBHTLM...
    For me is an unsolved mystery.
    Last edited by morkino; 03-02-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 7,623 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by morkino View Post
    Unfortunately also this version is not updating the weather on my phone.
    But as I told you month ago I think that is a specific case for my phone, you might also remember when moon and sun where not moving with the workaround when it was running on SBHTLM...
    For me is an unsolved mystery.
    I do remember.. are you saying that even my U7 base is not updating weather on your phone?

But it IS updating on your version of your widget?? I wonder what's different in your widget.. weather updates fine on my U7 base on my 5S in GroovyBoard+...

I do remember.. are you saying that even my U7 base is not updating weather on your phone?

But it IS updating on your version of your widget?? I wonder what's different in your widget.. weather updates fine on my U7 base on my 5S in GroovyBoard+...
    Yes... On Ls with HTML it works and, I guess would work on SB with SBHTLM. But with G+ only my old Uniaw is working correctly on my i6...

@morkino Do you use a WeatherUnderground API key in WW3?
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    @morkino Do you use a WeatherUnderground API key in WW3?
    Hi rasputin, no I don't...

OK!
    Forget I spoke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morkino View Post
    Yes... On Ls with HTML it works and, I guess would work on SB with SBHTLM. But with G+ only my old Uniaw is working correctly on my i6...
    Very strange.. so I U7_WW3 updates on LS with GroovyLock+?

Default UniAW7
    Very strange.. so I U7_WW3 updates on LS with GroovyLock+?
    Nope, it works with LockHtlm...
    GL+ was acting strange on my phone so I came back to Lockhtlm...
    Anyway on my i6 the line of the code that makes WW update correctly with G+ is this:
    Last edited by morkino; 03-02-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks

Very strange.. The proper syntax from GroovyCarrot for it to work should look like this..

groovyAPI.do ({ read: "widgetweather.xml", }, function(data) {

..never seen that syntax there... Must be a super early version of it...

Let me do some looking around...

I'm quite sure this ISN'T JUST your phone...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

morkino (03-02-2017)

Thanks

Morkino.. good news... Well.. partially.. I just sent my WW3 on my 5S(8.1.2) to 1 minute updating and kept my phone on AutoClose: Never.. And the widget is NOT updating every minute for me... So it's NOT just your phone.. It's a coding thing...

I'm in the process of texting with GroovyCarrot now to see what the difference is between your syntax in that screenshot and the one we used all through iOS8 later.. There's an answer..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (03-02-2017), morkino (03-02-2017)

Morkino.. good news... Well.. partially.. I just sent my WW3 on my 5S(8.1.2) to 1 minute updating and kept my phone on AutoClose: Never.. And the widget is NOT updating every minute for me... So it's NOT just your phone.. It's a coding thing...

I'm in the process of texting with GroovyCarrot now to see what the difference is between your syntax in that screenshot and the one we used all through iOS8 later.. There's an answer..
    Great! Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 825 Posts

Final update to DAY FORECAST section of code:

Morkino, the most current version of UniAW7.1_WW3 is always linked in my signature - though signatures can't be seen on Tapatalk and MMi app. Only on computer browser. This link will always be the same:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip
    Hello sir NewD

Congratulations et thanks u very much

Thanks for adding the number of the day to the forecast by adding and modifying config.js for the update uniaw.71.ww3 in your link to download it

Best regards
    Iphone 6 IOS 8.4 - Iphone 7 IOS 10.1.1

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jm26200 For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (03-03-2017), NewD (03-03-2017)

Morkino, the most current version of UniAW7.1_WW3 is always linked in my signature - though signatures can't be seen on Tapatalk and MMi app. Only on computer browser. This link will always be the same:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip
    The 'top' attribute for wind is set in main.js. Had me stumped for about 30 min. Is there a reason you have it set in there?
    I like the additions you guys added to the forecast
    LS mod I'm working on with the latest version you just posted. Are you guys still tweaking some stuff or am I good to share this?

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

bliken (03-03-2017), King_O_Hill (03-03-2017), kristatos (03-03-2017), Mary48336 (03-04-2017), morkino (03-03-2017)

Livin the iPhone Life kristatos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,510 Times in 972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by menard_00 View Post
    The 'top' attribute for wind is set in main.js. Had me stumped for about 30 min. Is there a reason you have it set in there?
    LS mod I'm working on with the latest version you just posted. Are you guys still tweaking some stuff or am I good to share this?
    Looking good there Menard ...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kristatos For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (03-03-2017)

Looks great

Share if you can

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (03-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kristatos View Post
    Looking good there Menard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    Looks great

Share if you can
    Thank y'all. I'll share it once I finish up.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-03-2017), kristatos (03-03-2017)

Thanks

In my WW3 upgrades, menard, I never worked on WindContainer attributes. That's in Ian & Dacal's original design. My educated guess is, that needed to use JavaScript to factoring in something with the different sized devices and that's why they "overrode" the "top" parameter in the main.js. As a general rule Ian tried to leave as many as possible positioning items in the style.css to make it as easy as possible for modders. And when he couldn't, he made a comment /*.....*/ in the style.css to look in main.js to make the change.. which tag (#) in the style.css did you have to change for wind, menard? I will put a comment in css about it if not there.

And, sure.. the new base is 99.2% done. Go ahead and share your widget.. and thanks for asking!! I'm hoping this new base with the WW3 additions will be what you modders use going forward..

I'm a "forever tweaker"... so that last 0.8% will likely be just changes to the main.js.. and all you'd need to do is replace your main.js with my updated one going forward.

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    And thanks to all of you great modders for helping me to keep U7 as strong as ever with your suggestions!! I will never tire of Ian's great masterpiece and never stop learning from his and Dacal's coding techniques!!

Keep modding this bad boy!!

I've added the touch forecast summaries (from WW3) at the bottom of LS and SB. Enjoy those!! You really need to get your free API keys from WeatherUnderground and DarSky to enjoy WW3 to fullest.

On SB (if you have XenHTML) you tap once at bottom for it to appear and tap again to disappear. It's default is "not showing" - but you can change that in config.js to default ON.

When on the LS it's always on because the 7-10 day forecast summaries (# of which you can change in config.js too, of course.. ) have vertical touch scrolling.. figured people would want that on LS version. But if you don't want the summaries on the LS.. it can be turned off in config.js.

Enjoy!! Link in my signature.. and a few posts back too if you're only on Tapatalk.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

kristatos (03-03-2017), Mary48336 (03-04-2017), morkino (03-03-2017)

You really need to get your free API keys from WeatherUnderground and DarSky to enjoy WW3 to fullest.
    I only can support this very strongly!!!
    Hence my previous question about the use of the WeatherUnderground API key. With that key, which is totally free to get and it doesn't cost you anything apart from a few minutes of your time, but you have access to a much wider range of data for ever. Which brings me back to the original question about weekday names and date for the forecast.
    These are in the WeatherUnderground feed, in a long form, e.g Wednesday, or short form, e.g. Wed., same for the month names and best of all they come in your selected WeatherUnderground language. But that's not all the short name of the weekday is also in accordance with the countries language habit. For example the German language only uses 2 letters for weekday abbreviations, e.g. Mi is short for Mittwoch etc. WeatherUnderground does that automatically.
    That means your javascript creations with all those if ... then statements, leap year check etc would not be needed if you had a WU API key. All it needed is an addition to the map.xml file so that WW3 can add those data from the WU feed into the widgetweather.xml file. Done!
    At least you found a solution for the people that do not use a WU API key.
    If you wonder what I am talking about go to https://www.info.rasputin007.com/wu/ (secure site), allow location, enter your WU API key, select your language, save it (database on YOUR computer, NOT my server!) and then see the 10 day forecast with long names, short names or just dates, you might have, when you click on WeatherUnderground-> WU Page, (you might have to refresh that one!).
    If anybody is interested in the modified map.xml, let me know and I'll will attach it.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 03-03-2017 at 07:50 AM.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (03-03-2017), King_O_Hill (03-03-2017), NewD (03-03-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I only can support this very strongly!!!
    Hence my previous question about the use of the WeatherUnderground API key. With that key, which is totally free to get and it doesn't cost you anything apart from a few minutes of your time, but you have access to a much wider range of data for ever. Which brings me back to the original question about weekday names and date for the forecast.
    These are in the WeatherUnderground feed, in a long form, e.g Wednesday, or short form, e.g. Wed., same for the month names and best of all they come in your selected WeatherUnderground language. But that's not all the short name of the weekday is also in accordance with the countries language habit. For example the German language only uses 2 letters for weekday abbreviations, e.g. Mi is short for Mittwoch etc. WeatherUnderground does that automatically.
    That means your javascript creations with all those if ... then statements, leap year check etc would not be needed if you had a WU API key. All it needed is an addition to the map.xml file so that WW3 can add those data from the WU feed into the widgetweather.xml file. Done!
    You know my undying affection for WeatherUnderground. I enjoy their Forecast Summaries better than any of the other API's.. But the fact remains that 98% of U7 users will simply not ever take the 10-15 minutes time it takes to create that free API.. And modders dare not rely on, in their mods of U7, something that 99% of their user base just won't get (the free API).. This is why Ian built in the proper if statements for German language already and supported 12 languages in the translation.js.. Simply because it's what 99% of the users of mods will have.. I even built an (all words) forecast summary OUT of the Weather.com data, day and night (rather brilliant piece of coding if I do say so.. LOL), that will be on ALL iPhones for users.. so people who never get the API keys will have a forecast summary too.

At least you found a solution for the people that do not use a WU API key.
    Which, again, is 99.2% of users of U7..
    Believe me, Ras.. I would LOVE for the average user to avail themselves of the resource that WU is.. but it's just not going to happen.. Therefore, obviously, it's in the development of U7's best interest to keep improving it without expecting people to use the API keys.. much less base something as critical as "day of the week" naming on a resource that needs a an API key. AND it IS in the best interest of WidgetWeather3 to keep including as many API's as possible. So that people like you, who want to release mods, heavily based on any one of the API's - can do so without making URL calls in the widgets themselves. YOUR desire to use WU more completely, Ras, is one of the MAIN reasons King_O_Hill and I sought to MAKE WW3 from WW2.

Page 591 of 606 FirstFirst ... 91 491 541 581589590591592593 601 ... LastLast