Page 580 of 613 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570578579580581582 590 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,600 of 12254

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 16,429 Times in 7,683 Posts

Default Coming soon.. The NewD mod of UniAW7.1_WW3
    Coming soon.. The NewD mod of UniAW7.1_WW3.

Last edited by NewD; 2016-11-28 at 06:07 PM.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

bliken (2016-12-02), chevymusclecar (2016-11-29), Dacal (2016-12-25), jawonder (2016-12-05), jm26200 (2016-11-29), King_O_Hill (2016-12-03), kristatos (2016-11-28), L. Jeck (2016-11-29), MamaJaay (2016-12-02), markotak (2016-12-05), metaserph (2016-12-02), mohseen488 (2016-12-02), morkino (2016-12-02), nik1975 (2016-11-29), ottozuts (2016-11-29), Padgoi (2016-11-28), san3ar (2016-12-02), schalker44 (2016-11-28), Simon (2016-12-11), whataboutsarah (2016-12-03), wrussell1989 (2016-12-01)

Looking good!

iPhone 7, Rose Gold, 128GB, Unlocked (A1660) on --- iOS 10.2 Developer Beta
    iPad Air w/ LTE, 32GB, Unlocked, iOS 10.1.1
    Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 13", macOS Sierra - 10.12.1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2016-12-02)

Thanks

Default UniAW7_WW3 -For Multi Weather Sources-Public BETA
    Okay gang - the wait is over.. I want you guys to public beta this for me to make sure there's nothing weird happening before I release the NewD Mod version of it. This UniAW7.1_WW3 is meant to be the new base going forward for those using WW3 and wanting access to more data available from the other API sources - WeatherUnderground, DarkSky (formerly Forecast.io), Accuweather and Yahoo.

Download this:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip

That version ^ ^ does NOT have the TimedWalls in them - just to make the package smaller. You have those Timed Wall images in many other versions probably on your phone. If you need them.. just transfer them into the Images/Wallpapers/TimedWalls folder.

To even see the potential of this upgrade you really need to take the 10 minutes, max, that it will take you to get your FREE API keys from WeatherUnderground and DarkSky(FIO). Go to the 2nd or 3rd post of the WidgetWeather 3-Our Finest Hour thread for precise instructions from Rasputin007 on how to get those code numbers and then enter them into your WidgetWeather3 API keys slots in the Extras page in WW3.

This WW3 enhanced base of UniAW7.1 is setup just like the other ones you've had before I did the work. When you unzip it.. and place it in var/mobile/Library/Groovylock or LockHTML you can access it as a Lockscreen from LockHTML4, Convergence, GroovyLock, GroovyLock+ and XenHTML.
    Place it in var/mobile/Library/GroovyBoard to access it from GroovyBoard+ for Homescreen
    Place it in var/mobile/Library/SBHTML to access it from SBHTML or XenHTML for Homescreen.
    Place it in /Library/Themes to access it from Anemone for Homescreen
    Place it in var/mobile/Library/iWidgets to access it for anywhere placement on Homescreen - but don't forget to change the widget.plist for your size phone in the folder.

If you're using in LockHTML4 as a LS widget.. remember to delete the 3 Widget.plist files as they will hide part of the widget in LH4 only.. Also get rid of the Options.plist (only used for iWidgets) as it will break the config.js. When things are working right in LH4 - it should immediately ask you to OPTIMIZE the widget to which you will always answer NO!

It is auto-adapting to any html playing platform you have - even in iOS8 in the Groovy+ stuff. Plug and Play, baby!, which is in keeping with Ian's and Dacal's original design. And special thanks to MamaJaay for the file system concept to get it to work in all 3, Anemone/XenHTML and all the others.

To see all the data available to you - you should click on the ShowAllWW3Data in config.js or config_anem.js. That will put U7 in a mode where you can see all the data available to you.. The summaries at the bottom are scrolling when on Lockscreen only and when config.js variable, 'useScrollOnForecastExtras' is set to "true". When set to false.. a tap will turn the summary on or off.

Just turn that 'ShowAllWW3Data' switch back to 'false' when you're ready to start a mod or add any data.

In keeping with Ian and Dacal's desire to keep things clean. I did so. All the CSS stuff for new MultiAPI data is at the bottom of Style.css neatly organized for you to change positions with. To add a piece of data from a certain API make sure it's turned on in WW3's extras page AND make sure you have the ExtraData switch for that particular API set to 'true' in the config.js at the bottom. They're all set to 'false' as default so no unwanted code is running in the background of your widget if you don't need it. This was also one of Ian's highest goals with UniAW. Keep it running 'lean' on memory - if the modder wants it lean.

The Forecast summaries, 7-10 days depending on API, are all switched to true, and then automatically called for depending on what you have 'var weatherAPI' set to in config.js.

Current Temp, Hi/Low, Weather Icon and Description as well as Daily forecast Hi/Low and Weather Icon are all pulled from whatever weatherAPI setting you're using.
    "default" refers to the Weather.com data that comes with all Apple's Phones.

Have fun! Please report any weirdnesses you encounter.

NewD_Mod version coming shortly too..

Last edited by NewD; 2017-03-08 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks

In addition to adding all the WW3 newer stuff to be available to modders I also did a few things that I sorta felt needed upgrading (or re-adding) that were outside the scope of WW3. These are my opinion - and if Ian just didn't like them and wanted them disassociated with the main 7.1 I would just be happy to add them to the NewD mod only..

1) I added my Google location data subroutine that we used for a while when YahooPlaceFinder went down. Now - if there's a Yahoo outage - the code automatically switches to Google - but also you can turn this on as a preference in config.js under PreferGoogle.

2) Yahoo, was returning these strange numbers only in the address fields when travelling.. and I finally discovered that they were the Exit Ramp numbers of highways. So I added a function to change them to say: "Exit 320B Ramp".. when Yahoo just returns "320B".

3) Though I understood why Ian split up the various Wind animations (Windmill, Leaves and Dandelions) only to certain weather conditions - I think most modders prefer having a choice that when the wind hits certain speed ONLY Leaves would turn on - or ONLY the windmill, etc.. SO.. now in config.js, you specify Wind_Type = "leaves", etc...

4) Though I think the wind arrow is very cool - some modders still prefer the old 'cardinal' wind direction read out (ESE, NW, S, etc). So there's a choice in config.js for useWindArrow. Set it to false to get the old cardinal wind directions. They are fully translated to the other languages too. Had to do some digging to find those old translation docs. But I found them.. and updated a few too.

5) There were also loads of day and night forecast data from Weather.com in WW3 that we have available to us but for which there was no 'natural language' forecast summary.. like WeatherUnderground and DarkSky and Accuweather all have. So I took the time to add a 'natural language' summary for Weather.com( "default" ) and the same for Yahoo ( "yahoo" ). So now all 5 possible API's you could want to use have a natural language forecast summary. This was quite a project for Weather.com.. but the final result I think is pretty cool. You can see it in action with (var defForecastExtras = true; ) in config.js. Then make sure your weatherAPI variable in config.js is set to "default".

Enjoy!
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-12-09 at 07:09 PM.

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2016-12-03), chevymusclecar (2016-12-04), Glawrence33 (2016-12-03), jawonder (2016-12-05), jm26200 (2016-12-04), King_O_Hill (2016-12-05), kristatos (2016-12-03), metaserph (2016-12-06), morkino (2016-12-03), nik1975 (2016-12-03), ottozuts (2016-12-03), Padgoi (2016-12-03), schalker44 (2016-12-03), tuguye11 (2016-12-03)

I've been using UniAw off n on for a couple yrs. I typically use the base and go in and poke around the different files to make changes, I like the challenge of figuring things out to suit my needs. Just started using the 7.1 WW3 version and I'm making progress setting it up how I want it. I'm on a 6+ and don't want any animation. I appreciate all the work that goes into the animations, but it's just not for me. I can turn it off by tapping on screen, but it comes back on after some time. Is there a way in one of the files to disable all animations? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio333 View Post
    I've been using UniAw off n on for a couple yrs. I typically use the base and go in and poke around the different files to make changes, I like the challenge of figuring things out to suit my needs. Just started using the 7.1 WW3 version and I'm making progress setting it up how I want it. I'm on a 6+ and don't want any animation. I appreciate all the work that goes into the animations, but it's just not for me. I can turn it off by tapping on screen, but it comes back on after some time. Is there a way in one of the files to disable all animations? Thanks in advance.
    In the main.js look for this:

Code:
    if ((noAnimations == false) && (ShowAllWW3Data == false)) {
    LaunchAnimations();
    } else {
    ...and add the two slashes in front of the LaunchAnimations() line and make it look like this:

Code:
    //LaunchAnimations();
    } else {
    Make sure it doesn't collapse to two lines of code.. Make sure the three lines are preserved exactly as shown there.

That should shut the animations off forever..

Hope that helps,
    Grant
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-12-04 at 01:30 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2016-12-04), jm26200 (2016-12-04), King_O_Hill (2016-12-05), scorpio333 (2016-12-04), tuguye11 (2016-12-04)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Okay gang - the wait is over..
    Congratz, Grant!
    Nice to see that all the years finally bare fruit.
    Pitty I am not able to enjoy your mod as my only iDevice is an old non-retina, 32 bit iPad mini and sadly that one is not supported. Doesn't matter, as nobody else is using these museum pieces any more.
    Hope you will enjoy modding for a long time to come and spoil the community with your work.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2016-12-04), jawonder (2016-12-17), jm26200 (2016-12-05), King_O_Hill (2016-12-05), Simon (2016-12-11)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Congratz, Grant!
    Nice to see that all the years finally bare fruit.
    Pitty I am not able to enjoy your mod as my only iDevice is an old non-retina, 32 bit iPad mini and sadly that one is not supported. Doesn't matter, as nobody else is using these museum pieces any more.
    Hope you will enjoy modding for a long time to come and spoil the community with your work.
    Thank you my friend! High praise coming from you!

But you've just given me a fun little side project for the week between Christmas and New Years! I already converted UniAW7.1 for iPad (Portrait mode only, of course) over a year ago (but only pixel mode - no %). So I have those calculations for animation.js somewhere.. I just need to import them and convert for % method.

I was never thrilled about how big everything had to get in Portrait mode on an iPad due to the necessary switch from 16:9 mode back to 4:3 of the iPad world. This is why most modders don't touch iPad. It just rarely translates well.. and images get enlarged to a point where the they can look degraded.

But I know we did it for the Marty LS for WW3's base together.. and it 'can' be done. And since U7.1 already uses % method it shouldn't be too hard. Let's see if I have some free time the week between Christmas and NewYear's.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2016-12-04), jm26200 (2016-12-05), King_O_Hill (2016-12-05)

In the main.js look for this:

Code:
    LaunchAnimations();
    } else {
    ...and add the two slashes in front of the LaunchAnimations() line and make it look like this:

Code:
    //LaunchAnimations();
    } else {
    Make sure it doesn't collapse to two lines of code.. Make sure the three lines are preserved exactly as shown there.

That should shut the animations off forever..

Hope that helps,
    Grant
    Perfect, many thanks!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpio333 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2016-12-04), NewD (2016-12-04)

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Thanks for the thought bro but I don't use twitter. Sorry to everyone for the delay in posting links for this mod. Hopefully soon.

In the mean time, I'm enjoying my new 6s even though it's on iOS 10 . C'mon jailbreak!!!
    Thank you for replying. You do great work sir and for that I thank you. I'm hoping for a JB for you. Be well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pitter8 For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2016-12-06)

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    New link...
    Are you able to post a new link to your lock screen. The link is broken. Thanks. Looks awesome

Thanks

So - those of you who live in parts of the world where they use the metric system.. (which is ALL the world except US.. LOL)...

When SDDev created WW - he's always made sure that the main data we get from the feeds is in Metric first then we convert internally (in WW) to Imperial (American - inches, miles, Fahrenheit, etc..).. But when we moved to WW3 and had access to new data --- Accuweather gives us Current Precip, Forecasted Rain and Forecasted Snow - and DarkSky (Fio) gives is Precip.Intensity.. But I'm having trouble figuring out the norms for reporting precipitation..

Is it the case that rain is reported 'ONLY' in millimeters (mm)? But that snow is reported in Centimeters? It seems so .. but there are times ,when I do the conversion to inches for rain or snow, that the number in inches seem too low or high.. Could RAIN occasionally be reported at centimeters too? It seems like Snow is ALWAYS reported as centimeters in metric.. But it's the rainfall amounts that sometimes seem to convert better to inches when I use mm - and other times cm.. I'm sure Accuweather is only reporting one way..

Anybody have an insights?
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-12-08 at 06:20 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2016-12-09)

I can speak about Italy but I guess in the same in all Europe. We never say cm of rain, it would sound weird as we are educated with mm of rain. Snow is always in cm or sometimes in meters.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morkino For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2016-12-09), NewD (2016-12-08), nik1975 (2016-12-09)

Quote Originally Posted by morkino View Post
    I can speak about Italy but I guess in the same in all Europe. We never say cm of rain, it would sound weird as we are educated with mm of rain. Snow is always in cm or sometimes in meters.
    Yes same in France for rain mm when more cm and snow cm but mountains Alpes or others sometimes in meter...!!! exceptional situation...
    Iphone 7 IOS 10.1.1

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jm26200 For This Useful Post:

morkino (2016-12-09)

In Germany rain is reported in mm or in liters per square meter and snow is in cm, depending where you live. Near the alps snow will be reported in meters.
    The WeatherUnderground feed has both measures, snow in cm and in inches in their daily forecast, even separated into day and night snow amount, just not included in the xml file.

Thanks

In Germany rain is reported in mm or in liters per square meter and snow is in cm, depending where you live. Near the alps snow will be reported in meters.
    The WeatherUnderground feed has both measures, snow in cm and in inches in their daily forecast, even separated into day and night snow amount, just not included in the xml file.
    Yes. I knew that. Not everyone will be desirous of getting the free API key from WU so King_O_Hill and I decided to grab "main" data, of which rainfall and snowfall are, from the no API key sources as much as possible. Now the trouble with Accuweather is that it's only reliable in US and Canada. Can't get it for all places around the world. So I may go ahead and grab the forecasted rain and snowfall amounts from WU in the next map.xml update (along with your moonrise/set data) just to have another source for that data. The xml is getting pretty full at this point.. but hey.. it's only data. Lol
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-12-09 at 07:14 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2016-12-12), morkino (2016-12-09)

Thanks

More tweaks to the UniAW7.1_WW3 base.. you can use same link to re-download. Link to post is in my signature. But here it is again.

Just some minor code corrections here. No new features.
    Still tweaking the NewD Mod of this base.. Coming soon.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

bliken (2016-12-09), Bo Troxell (2016-12-09), Glawrence33 (2016-12-09), jawonder (2016-12-17), jm26200 (2016-12-10), King_O_Hill (2016-12-12), kristatos (2016-12-09), metaserph (2016-12-09), morkino (2016-12-09), nik1975 (2016-12-10), oswaldo-1985 (2016-12-10), ottozuts (2016-12-10), tuguye11 (2016-12-09)

Thanks

Pity I am not able to enjoy your mod as my only iDevice is an old non-retina, 32 bit iPad mini and sadly that one is not supported. Doesn't matter, as nobody else is using these museum pieces any more.
    Even though you have no jailbroken devices at present.. I just realized I was over-thinking the iPadMini 'auto' sizing aspect. Though it still tends to blow up the images a bit too much.. all you need to do to get this baby (or any UniAW7-based mod) to work on iPadMini is add an auto-size parameter for it.. You have to let the height stay 16:9 ratio.. then all images will stay proper size. This is what Ian did for iPhone 4 and 4S too.. Didn't make it 360x480 as was its dimension.. but made sure the height stayed 568 to preserve 16:9.. Left you a little less screen room on bottom.. but on Lockscreen that didn't matter and that's what the majority of people used it for.

So just change the sizing code section early in the main.js to look like this...

Code:
    // GET THE CURRENT WIDTH & HEIGHT
    if (iPhoneType == "auto") {
    	if (screen.height == 480) { iPhoneType = "iPh4"; }
    	else if (screen.height == 568) { iPhoneType = "iPh5"; }
    	else if (screen.height == 667) { iPhoneType = "iPh6"; }
    	else if (screen.height == 1024) { iPhoneType = "iPadMini"; }
    	else { iPhoneType = "iPh6Plus"; }
    }

// RESIZE THE BODY
    window.addEventListener("load", function() { 
    	switch(iPhoneType) {
    		case "iPh4":
    			document.body.style.width='320px';
        		document.body.style.height='568px'; // Keep at 568px (not 480px).
    		break;
    		case "iPh5":
    			document.body.style.width='320px';
        		document.body.style.height='568px';
    		break;
    		case "iPh6":
    			document.body.style.width='375px';
        		document.body.style.height='667px';
    		break;
    		case "iPh6Plus":
    			document.body.style.width='414px';
      			document.body.style.height='736px';
    		break;
    		case "iPadMini":
    			document.body.style.width='768px'; 
        		document.body.style.height='1364px';//not 1024.. (keeps this 16:9 ratio)
    		break;
    		case "editMode":
    			document.body.style.width='563px';
        		document.body.style.height='1000px';
    		break;
    	}
    }, false);
    And it will size perfectly for iPadMini.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Glawrence33 (2016-12-10), jm26200 (2016-12-11), King_O_Hill (2016-12-12), kristatos (2016-12-10), rasputin007 (2016-12-11)

Even though you have no jailbroken devices at present..
    The iPad mini is jailbroken on 9.0.2, I do no longer own an iPhone, apart from an 2G (OS 3.1.3) and one 3GS (iOS 6).

Thanks

The iPad mini is jailbroken on 9.0.2, I do no longer own an iPhone, apart from an 2G (OS 3.1.3) and one 3GS (iOS 6).
    Great. Well then load up my last U7_WW3 link a few posts back and check on it for me.

As you and I both know, both iPad Mini owners, though using the 16:9 aspect ratio 768x1364 instead of 768x1024 will definitely avoid any flattening of images.. It also loses a bunch of screen space and makes U7 look pretty big. I wonder if with a few if (iPhone_Type == iPadMini) js commands we could get the whole widget while on mini to be smaller toward the top. About 75% wide maybe, again preserving aspect ratio but making everything with a smaller footprint. Just the kind of project for a lazy afternoon for you.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2016-12-12)

Page 580 of 613 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570578579580581582 590 ... LastLast