+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Here we are with signed zip files, they can be downloaded via the links below, or should be on the ModMyi repo shortly. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbj9xdcxy942sba/GitS1.zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c7b0utm5fh2hiw/GitS2.zip Please let me know if
    Thanks

Default [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: The Laughing Man" and "Section 9" themes
    Here we are with signed zip files, they can be downloaded via the links below, or should be on the ModMyi repo shortly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbj9xdcxy942sba/GitS1.zip
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c7b0utm5fh2hiw/GitS2.zip

Please let me know if you have any issues, problems or suggestions.

Ghost in the Shell: The Laughing Man (A.K.A GitS1) is the first version of this theme I created, focusing very much on the Laughing Man logo from the series. The logo stands out from the rest and sort of "breaks" the visual style in a way that I think is quite appropriate for the theme. But having that dis-coherence can be annoying to some, so the idea of the two themes came about. (Indeed, after a bit designing the second theme I really liked it better and have been using it almost exclusively)

[NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9402.png [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9406.png [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9411.png

Ghost in the Shell: Section 9 (A.K.A GitS2) is naturally the second version. It has a more consistent look using the "Intergate"/"Cyberhub" type of graphics for the primary node. I had initially had the colors set to be the same orange with contrasting blue as in GitS1; but due to me forgetting to change UIColour2 it ended up with a white on orange color scheme. Looked nice this way, so I decided to leave it. This also gives it some more visual separation from GitS1, which makes it seem like I wasn't as lazy as I was in reusing almost everything from it

Another change with this version is the system status indicators have been changed from the vanilla text of GitS1 to be integrated as an overlay for the core graphic; wi-fi is indicated on the left, battery in the middle and radio to the right. They're set to use UIColour1 so they don't stick out like a sore thumb, but are hopefully sill readable enough to be useful.

[NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_0591.png [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_0594.png [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_0595.png

This theme is free, but if you want to provide a donation you can do so by clicking here.

Attribution:
    Icons thanks to @helloimben at Ionicons: The premium icon font for Ionic Framework, used under The MIT License (MIT)
    Weather icons are "Pixel Weather" by BGBW BGBW (The winner's choice) on deviantART
    Other grapics thanks to Aero at [Dive Active] Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

As always great thanks go out to Jake, a.k.a. @GroovyCarrot for making NextGenUI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9408.png   [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9409.png   [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9410.png   [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9412.png   [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9407.png   [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9405.png   [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9403.png  
    Last edited by Draco_Red; 04-21-2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Updated for full relase (woot woot!)

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014), cbrm (03-13-2014), guero2284 (03-20-2014), Hip5 (02-18-2014), Jato_BZ (02-17-2014), kevin.e.white (02-23-2014), Laxu (02-23-2014), lostinthemes (02-17-2014), marco29 (02-17-2014), metaserph (02-16-2014), MrMisterE (03-13-2014), RKO1195 (02-25-2014), ryanstylee (02-17-2014), samsquanch (02-16-2014)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,112 Times in 464 Posts

Hey what I'll do is sign it for people to download also with your permission I'll add it to my beta repo for people who are beta testing to try out? I'm at uni at the moment so will sort it out when I get back home dude!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014), Draco_Red (02-17-2014), gdd2010 (02-17-2014), RKO1195 (02-25-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

EDIT (foot on mouth, LOL!) Making donation now, looks like really good work. Thanks

Waaaa..I need Jake to validate a key. Ok, waiting..
    Last edited by metaserph; 02-17-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Hey what I'll do is sign it for people to download also with your permission I'll add it to my beta repo for people who are beta testing to try out? I'm at uni at the moment so will sort it out when I get back home dude!
    That would be awesome, thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014)

Thanks

Have to say this is really quite beautifully done https://www.dropbox.com/s/clva64e3klwtf89/GitS1.zip That link right there is the signed version so anyone can use it on NGUI 4.3 beta - I signed it as a free theme as you've said but encourage donating! I will package this for my repo if you like and those on the NGUI beta can download it and try it out

Also here's some shots on my iPad:

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014), Draco_Red (02-17-2014), Hip5 (03-01-2014), jawonder (02-17-2014), marco29 (02-17-2014), metaserph (02-17-2014), RKO1195 (02-25-2014), samsquanch (02-17-2014)

Thanks

Damn Jake you're killing it bro! Nice work. Looking forward to all of it.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

11. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    EDIT (foot on mouth, LOL!) Making donation now, looks like really good work. Thanks

Waaaa..I need Jake to validate a key. Ok, waiting..
    Oh sorry dude if you asked me it might be in the depths of my inbox so shoot me over an email again please :')

Thanks

I'll email you my request again shortly. NO sweat, I know you've been swamped with college and stuff. Loving the direction everything is taking!

@Metaserph

14. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    I'll email you my request again shortly. NO sweat, I know you've been swamped with college and stuff. Loving the direction everything is taking!
    Sweet, and yes me too man - been great to open it up to these guys with the graphical talent I think you need to answer a few emails dude!
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 02-17-2014 at 12:33 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

metaserph (02-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 Times in 971 Posts

This looks great

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

Draco_Red (02-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,266 Times in 1,617 Posts

so.. all i can see this looks very nice and detailed

sorry man that we hadnīt a very good first contact.i hope you understand it wasnīt to bother you. you did great graphics here.you ever thought about giving them true color option like i did with emitter?

keep up the good and sorry again
    @D1LL1NG3R

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D1LL1NG3R For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014), Draco_Red (02-17-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D1LL1NG3R View Post
    so.. all i can see this looks very nice and detailed

sorry man that we hadnīt a very good first contact.i hope you understand it wasnīt to bother you. you did great graphics here.you ever thought about giving them true color option like i did with emitter?

keep up the good and sorry again
    Thanks, I set some of the stuff (such as icons) to truecolor, it only really shows up on the theme with the UI Colour 1 set to something different then the default blue. I've got it set in the theme as a default of #F0B303, but it's not loading it when clicking "default colours" in the settings. I probably borked something in the theme.plist

I've tried to keep the theme fairly simple, chose not to do a lot of the polish like that of EM1TT3R for usability and aesthetic reasons. This is really an attempt to replicate the look and feel of the dive scenes in the Ghost in the Shell series.
    Last edited by Draco_Red; 02-17-2014 at 01:30 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draco_Red View Post
    Thanks, I set some of the stuff (such as icons) to truecolor, it only really shows up on the theme with the UI Colour 1 set to something different then the default blue. I've got it set in the theme as a default of #F0B303, but it's not loading it when clicking "default colours" in the settings. I probably borked something in the theme.plist
    No dude it's my fault I haven't quite worked out how to get it all loading colours nicely without repeated resprings and stuff =/

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014), Draco_Red (02-17-2014), metaserph (02-17-2014)

Thanks

No dude it's my fault I haven't quite worked out how to get it all loading colours nicely without repeated resprings and stuff =/
    Ah, cool beans, thanks man.

Also, I've re-uploaded the screenshots in the first post to avoid the following problem: ee0.jpg
    Last edited by Draco_Red; 02-17-2014 at 01:57 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-17-2014), metaserph (02-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,287 Times in 3,835 Posts

I've re-uploaded the screenshots in the first post to avoid the following problem: Attachment 657993
    Haha !!!
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Only thing I dislike is that main node hub. If it were more like the rest of the layout it would have a better flow in my opinion. But other than that i dig it.

Thanks

I think since the icons are built for mask for customisation purposes it may be better for them to take UIColour2, TrueColour is only really intended for images that utilise detail that gets butchered by the colouring system

30. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VikingRyan907 View Post
    Only thing I dislike is that main node hub. If it were more like the rest of the layout it would have a better flow in my opinion. But other than that i dig it.
    Yeah, I'm working on another version on this theme with a different main node hub that'll look similar to what the items in the background. (That's why this is GotS1, to allow for a GotS2

I think since the icons are built for mask for customisation purposes it may be better for them to take UIColour2, TrueColour is only really intended for images that utilise detail that gets butchered by the colouring system
    Yeah, I did this as a kludge because I wanted to keep the the text white with the icons a contrasting color to the orange. Now if it could be implemented to be able to define more UI Colours (or probably much easier to allow for arbitrary colours to be defined in the theme.plist)....

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-19-2014)

Thanks

Yeah, I'm working on another version on this theme with a different main node hub that'll look similar to what the items in the background. (That's why this is GotS1, to allow for a GotS2

Yeah, I did this as a kludge because I wanted to keep the the text white with the icons a contrasting color to the orange. Now if it could be implemented to be able to define more UI Colours (or probably much easier to allow for arbitrary colours to be defined in the theme.plist)....
    Ah yes I hadn't considered that! Well since everything got moved to the preference bundle once I perfect loading of theme default colours then adding extra colour options will be easy I'll start with 1 more user defined colour and see how that fares

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-19-2014), Draco_Red (02-17-2014), metaserph (02-17-2014)

Thanks

Because it was asked for I am working on GitS2 (a.k.a Ghost in the Shell: Section 9 Theme). I figured that I'd update with preliminary screenshots of the new core hub. Very rough right now; I don't like it yet and can't figure out what I don't like about it (other then it's taken directly from one of background artifacts) :/

Any comments or suggestions?
    [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9753.png [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme-img_9754.png

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-22-2014), mendilli (02-23-2014), metaserph (02-23-2014), RKO1195 (02-25-2014), ryanstylee (03-04-2014), samsquanch (02-25-2014)