Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [NextGenUI] "Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man" theme

Yeah, looks good !
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco_Red View Post
    Because it was asked for I am working on GitS2 (a.k.a Ghost in the Shell: Section 9 Theme). I figured that I'd update with preliminary screenshots of the new core hub. Very rough right now; I don't like it yet and can't figure out what I don't like about it (other then it's taken directly from one of background artifacts) :/

Any comments or suggestions?
    Attachment 658783 Attachment 658782
    it looks great the way it is, I can not tell from the caps, but it would be great if the bigger circle at the back rotates and the smaller one(protect + access written on) stays still or rotates backwards, if so I think this angle will give a deepnes and 3d effect, and of course color customization option is a must too

as a last one the battery-radio-wifi indicator texts seem wrong to me you can at least make them optional or add them to the ngui status bar, so that area can be used for nodes
    Last edited by mendilli; 02-23-2014 at 09:26 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mendilli For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-23-2014), Draco_Red (02-23-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mendilli View Post
    it looks great the way it is, I can not tell from the caps, but it would be great if the bigger circle at the back rotates and the smaller one(protect + access written on) stays still or rotates backwards, if so I think this angle will give a deepnes and 3d effect, and of course color customization option is a must too

as a last one the battery-radio-wifi indicator texts seem wrong to me you can at least make them optional or add them to the ngui status bar, so that area can be used for nodes
    I've got it so that the bigger circles in the back rotate and the smaller one stays still. I've currently set it up with the smaller there being two of the bigger circles (two copies of the same image) that rotate a different speeds that gives a nice effect (at least I think it does ). Colors can be customized in preferences, next step I think is to replace the blue icons with simple black masked ones for better color customization (also in anticipation of Jake adding UIColour3)

I'll look at what I can do with the battery-radio-wifi. I've got a node there as well that covers them over, so I'm looking at a better option.

For those who have a developer key and want to try it out the unsigned theme file is here:
    Ghost in the Shell: Section 9
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h16tqudcvuz6jo/GitS2.zip

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-23-2014)

Thanks

I've updated the theme a bit this morning so that the app icons use UIColour2; link to both the most updated themes are below:

Ghost in the Shell: Laughing Man
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/34cdoi7y2m5wlg8/GitS1.zip

Ghost in the Shell: Section 9
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h16tqudcvuz6jo/GitS2.zip

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-23-2014)

ı would like to try but do not have a developer key(((

Thanks

ı would like to try but do not have a developer key(((
    I've emailed the updates to GroovyCarrot asking that he sign them and add them to his beta repo, the previous version of the Laughing Man version of this theme is on his repo now, if you want to try that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-24-2014), mendilli (02-24-2014), samsquanch (02-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Draco_Red View Post
    I've emailed the updates to GroovyCarrot asking that he sign them and add them to his beta repo, the previous version of the Laughing Man version of this theme is on his repo now, if you want to try that.
    I am looking forward to jake adding GITS2 to the beta repo

gits1 and gits2 themes are published in the ghost in the shell package in betarepo, it is awesome

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mendilli For This Useful Post:

Draco_Red (03-03-2014)

Thanks

Thanks. Not sure why, but for some reason I forgot to change UIColour2 in GITS2 from white to the blue I was working with. If you are using the theme colour scheme (orange and blue) you can set UIColour2 to 0C609B manually in the settings.

If you're keeping the default Praxis colour scheme (blue and white) it of course doesn't matter.

Let me know if there are any problems or suggestions. I'm thinking of changing the Battery, Radio and Wi-Fi level indicators from their current bland text to something more in line with the rest of the theme, but still not exactly sure how I'm going to do it.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2014), GroovyCarrot (03-03-2014), mendilli (03-04-2014), samsquanch (03-03-2014)

I think orange and white is better than orange-blue

for the indicators you can add small icons in the nextgenui status bar
    Last edited by mendilli; 03-04-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Thanks

I think orange and white is better than orange-blue

for the indicators you can add small icons in the nextgenui status bar
    In that case then the orange and white format was totally intentional and I'll take full credit for it lol

Ideally I would put the indicators up in the top status bar, but (to the best of my knowledge) GroovyCarrot hasn't added a way to do that yet. I've emailed him suggesting that as a feature, but I don't know how hard that would be / if it's possible to implement without a major re-write of the code. Until then I'm just going to have to find some other way to have them that is more in line with the rest of the theme.

I tried to PM you about the other suggestions, but your inbox is full. Reducing the transparency for the rotating circles is easy, I'll add that in the next revision. No real way to have them angled, since NGUI rotates a static image, so if I were to have them angled from one direction it would just look like it's wobbling as it rotates.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-14-2014), mendilli (03-05-2014)

thnx, using it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cbrm For This Useful Post:

Draco_Red (03-14-2014)

Thanks

I've finished with what I'm thinking will be the "1.0" release; mostly posting at the end of the thread to bump. Relevant info has been added to the first post; I'll be emailing Jake with the updated files shortly

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any requests.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-16-2014)

Thanks
    This theme is great. It looks exactly like something from the show and/or movie, the artwork is excellent. This is by far my favorite theme, can't wait for the update!

Keep up the good work.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkGraphite For This Useful Post:

Draco_Red (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate it Jake is bogged down with classwork right now, he said that he would update it as soon as he has time (which would be no sooner then Friday, but even then depends on workload).

As I mentioned in the first post, I can't really take credit for the art; almost all of it I got from [Dive Active] Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. All I did was clean them up some and adapt them for this purpose. Thankfully for me I chose a subject that had a lot of good artwork available from people who allow this type of usage. But I did try and take care that the visual style from the series was kept up, which was a good excuse to re-watch the entire series and movies in the name of "research" lol.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-20-2014)

I can't find the repo for these themes. What is it?

edit: nevermind, found it.
    Last edited by Hondamaker; 03-22-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks

Here we are with signed zip files, they can be downloaded via the links below, or should be on the ModMyi repo shortly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbj9xdcxy942sba/GitS1.zip
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c7b0utm5fh2hiw/GitS2.zip

^_^

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_Red For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-22-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12