+ Reply
Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neurotech7 - Now On Cydia!

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
This is a preview of Neurotech running on iOS 7 If this post looks a little funky it's because it's currently under construction • For use with WinterBoard • •
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Default Neurotech7 - Now On Cydia!
    This is a preview of Neurotech running on iOS 7
    If this post looks a little funky it's because it's currently under construction

• For use with WinterBoard •

• Compatible with iPhone 5 - 5c - 5s & iPod Touch 5 •

• If you'd like to review this theme, please contact me! •

@NeurotechHD

-]o[-

Neurotech is an original WinterBoard theme featuring glowing, semi-transparent icons, pixel-precise artwork, and a cyber-tech design aesthetic.

Built entirely unlike any theme on Cydia, Neurotech was meticulously crafted with digital drafting tools and 3D modelling programs to take maximum advantage of Apple's brilliant Retina Display.

Now only $2 on the Cydia Store.
    As the amount of artwork in Neurotech grows, so will the price!

Features:

• Non-Apple-like art style!
    • 1,300+ Images themed
    • Over 400 Glowy Icons
    • Parallax-ready lockscreens & wallpapers
    • 5 different animated loading gears
    • Themed Status Bar
    • 5 Unique Sliders
    • Three styles of loading screens*
    • Neurotech7 Dynamic Wallpaper*
    • Chat Bubbles
    • CCToggles Theme
    • JellyLock7 Theme**
    • Hundreds of UI elements themed!
    • More to come!

*Separate, FREE download on Cydia (no purchase necessary)
    **Separate, Purchase Necessary

Visual mods I currently use with Neurotech (and recommend):

• Barrel
    • Bloard
    • Bytafont 2 - Sony Sketch EF Font
    • CC Deseparator
    • CCToggles
    • DarkPhotos
    • FolderBoard
    • Iconoclasm - With 5x6 (No Icon Labels) Addon
    • Infinidock - used mainly for 5 icons in dock
    • StatusBarFix2 - Repo: pNre's Cydia Repository
    • SubtleLock
    • TransparentCameraBar
    • TransparentDock
    • Zeppelin

*Blue entries are paid mods

Info

Update Logs

Version Links
    1.1.2 Change Log
    1.1.1 Change Log
    1.1 Change Log
    1.02 Change Log

About Neurotech7

This is not an upgrade for Neurotech on iOS 6 - Neurotech7 has been rebuilt from the ground up for iOS 7 and most of the iOS 6 artwork did not work and had to be removed, re-rendered or remade.

I currently have no plans for a Neurotech7 iPad theme. This may change! But, as of right now I'm totally focused on making the best iPhone theme I know how!

Neurotech will probably never be 'finished' - This theme is a direct descendant of my 2009 TRON theme for iOS 4.x. I then went on to upgrade it (with icons!) in TRON version 2.0 - the Recognizer version!. For iOS 5 and 6 I released my first paid theme Neurotech [HD].

I didn't design Neurotech for mass visual-appeal so I could make a lot of money - I made it because this is the kind of style I like to stare at obsessively gaze upon when using such an advanced computer in my hand! Seriously, it's amazing how powerful and intuitive mobile computers have become thanks to Apple - I dreamed of this stuff back when cell phones didn't really exist and a hand-held computer was something from Star Trek - and impossible! The future of computing is here, but the UI still doesn't look like the future considering Apple's bubbly, cute icons seemingly made for children.

Tools & Methods - For rendering I mostly use Cinema 4D. In college I was introduced to computer-aided drafting with Rhinoceros 3D. Rhino is an amazing tool for creating vector line-work, but not very good for rendering or texture work - and Cinema 4D is the exact opposite. Together they are perfect for making highly detailed artwork! I create the geometry in Rhino, export it as a polygon object, then import it into Cinema 4D where I add textures and render it to size. Photoshop is used for compositing, mostly. All of the intricate design work in Neurotech starts as a drawing in Rhino.

Regarding the Pirating of Themes

Piracy is a huge problem nowadays. Pirate repos are so easy to use - contrast this with how incredibly difficult themes are to make and there is some serious imbalance going on!

I understand that not all of you have a Paypal account, which is a shame - it's so satisfying to show your support with a purchase, and to be able to get updates and help from artists and developers if/ when needed!

Not having Paypal is not a good excuse for pirating themes. There's an easy way to get free themes - create a YouTube Channel (or Reddit thread) and review themes. There are plenty of wonderful free themes to get you started - then you can start asking the author of paid themes if you can feature their work on your channel/ thread (send them a link to your past work) - The author will give you a free copy to review!

This way, everyone wins - you get the theme to enjoy and all the updates, the author gets advertising for their theme so they can reach paying customers!

If you would like a free copy of Neurotech, send me details of your review site along with your Cydia #.

See Neurotech on iOS 6 here: Neurotech [HD]

@NeurotechHD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Neurotech7 - Now On Cydia!-neurotech-icon-galaxy-large-alt.png  
    Last edited by Jahooba; 03-29-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Tweaked some words, fixed Info section links, added junk about Piracy to bottom of post

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-15-2014), Arabology (02-15-2014), ArChAnGeL_ (02-17-2014), Bl4ckl1ght (02-17-2014), Bulldog5278 (02-23-2014), cavman2004 (02-15-2014), DA_GHOST (02-15-2014), dReAdLoKdEmOn (02-19-2014), gdd2010 (02-14-2014), Hip5 (02-23-2014), IRoyxx (02-18-2014), jeriko2 (04-24-2014), kenzodragon (02-17-2014), King_O_Hill (02-14-2014), Laxu (02-15-2014), loopweb (02-19-2014), lostinthemes (02-15-2014), marco29 (02-18-2014), markotak (02-20-2014), metaserph (02-15-2014), mooselodge24 (03-12-2014), pioneer88 (02-18-2014), Q_bAn_b (02-15-2014), recklesstryg (02-17-2014), ryanstylee (02-19-2014), samsquanch (02-15-2014), SargeantGhost (02-17-2014), sephiroth726 (02-15-2014), TheAmazingLawzi (02-15-2014), Yugo (02-15-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Ninja For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-15-2014), Jahooba (02-14-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,150 Times in 5,907 Posts

Very cool bro!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Neurotech7 - To infinity and beyond ^^
    Thanks for making a new thread.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArChAnGeL_ For This Useful Post:

SIZ
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh , it's hot news !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SIZ For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,546 Posts

Wow that'll be good to have !
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

Thanks

Lets rock!!!

Thanks

Thanks for your interest, guys! I'll get some better images up tomorrow.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-15-2014)

SIZ
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i expect it man !!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SIZ For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2014)

Thanks

Itīs gonna be update or new theme?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kothoga For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2014)

Thanks

This excites me. A lot.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cavman2004 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,101 Posts

I enjoyed this on iOS 6, it's nice to see it back

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sephiroth726 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kothoga View Post
    Itīs gonna be update or new theme?
    This is a new theme, built from the ground up to support the new OS - thousands of files needed to be re-rendered or altered in order to work. It's been a ton of work, and this is just the beginning, really

Introductory price is only $1.00. This price will likely rise in the future as I add a ton more content. I hope my past users understand the new charge and I hope new users are grateful for the low price!

I think you guys will like it

Compatible with iOS 7 and 4" devices: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, iPod Touch 5.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-15-2014), cavman2004 (02-16-2014), samsquanch (02-15-2014), sephiroth726 (02-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

Very nice man!!! Really digging the new look. The details in that lock screen wallpaper is incredible

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Walls/status bar/lockscreen are all on a ridiculously good level. I bet the loading wheel is amazing too.

My one slight gripe is that some of the icons look a little 'dated'. Game Center looks like something from Toy Story. Phone, Safari and a few others keep true to theme art though and look fantastic.

Overall, will I be getting this theme? Hell yeah!! Can't wait for the release.

(Camera/clock and settings icon look great too!!)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Walls/status bar/lockscreen are all on a ridiculously good level. I bet the loading wheel is amazing too.

My one slight gripe is that some of the icons look a little 'dated'. Game Center looks like something from Toy Story. Phone, Safari and a few others keep true to theme art though and look fantastic.

Overall, will I be getting this theme? Hell yeah!! Can't wait for the release.

(Camera/clock and settings icon look great too!!)

Thanks for the feedback! I'm slowly but surely changing many of the icons that don't feel up to date - many of them are from Circa 2009 and were created as a part of my TRON theme (which was designed within a frame around each icon).

The ones you mentioned I couldn't agree more with! Although, there is no phone icon shown (I don't own an iPhone) - I do have a new design for that sketched out, though. The one with the concentric "vibrating" rings is the Voice Memo app, if that's what you're referring to.

I've found that re-inventing designs that are now culturally engrained into our minds is quite difficult - it's a slow process, but rewarding. How does one design a Mail app that is not an envelope or an "@" symbol, yet have it be instantly recognizable? How to design a "Contacts" icon that doesn't show a person, a phone book, or an ID card? So many are variations of the same design and it's easy to fall back on what has already been established. Neurotech is so difficult to make and so detailed that many times the easy way wins, lol.

And then there's a problem with users accepting new things, added to the fact that the Neurotech style is quite removed from convention and is an acquired taste. If the Phone app doesn't look like a phone they immediately don't like it, but designs that break from convention take time to acclimate to. Neurotech is especially tricky to warm to because it's got a strict color palette, no app names under the icons, and requires the user to recognize only the shape and position, not the color (how often to you reach for an app because you recognize the color? Probably a lot.) Neurotech throws a stick into the habit-spokes of its users.

One solution is to slowly roll out the changes, allowing users to get used to the new designs. Or, I could do it all at once and risk turning off potential fans. It is all a lot to consider, but no Neurotech graphic is beyond scrutiny!

j.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-15-2014), cavman2004 (02-16-2014), dReAdLoKdEmOn (02-19-2014), KraXik (02-15-2014), samsquanch (02-15-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    This is a new theme, built from the ground up to support the new OS - thousands of files needed to be re-rendered or altered in order to work. It's been a ton of work, and this is just the beginning, really

Introductory price is only $1.00. This price will likely rise in the future as I add a ton more content. I hope my past users understand the new charge and I hope new users are grateful for the low price!

I think you guys will like it

Compatible with iOS 7 and 4" devices: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, iPod Touch 5.
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Its a shame i cant get it because i cant have paypal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kothoga View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Its a shame i cant get it because i cant have paypal.
    For those that don't have Paypal maybe we can still work something out. But what's an even trade for a full theme? Maybe some advertising?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,090 Times in 928 Posts

Nice!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Yugo For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,461 Posts

Cant wait for this, hope its pushed to cydia soon

37. The Following User Says Thank You to DA_GHOST For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-17-2014)