+ Reply
Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1515

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockBuilder - You're not going to believe this!

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by June'sIphone You press download. Then press open in ifile. Press installer. Done. OK I guess when I tapped on the link it was open via the gMail
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    You press download. Then press open in ifile. Press installer. Done.
    OK I guess when I tapped on the link it was open via the gMail browser...
    I needed to copy and paste it in Safari...

I found a work around to the iTouch security and the shortcuts not opening the app when home...
    I installed SafeHome which cancels the security passcode when on a friendly network, which is what I was looking to do...

I did find that when I added the camera icon to my LB screen it doesn't open or do anything.
    Is there something additional I need to do or could it be broken?

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,962 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    OK I guess when I tapped on the link it was open via the gMail browser...

... <- annoys me.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/gramm...s/ellipsis.htm

sorry a pet peeve. The internet has done this to me.

There is no camera icon in LockBuilder. Thanks for SafeHome tweak. Which is SafeHouse correct?
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 03-21-2014 at 04:49 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Switchmonkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    I needed to copy and paste it in Safari...
    Don't poke the bear!
    Respect existence, or expect resistance...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,830 Times in 4,434 Posts

June,
    I know you have a list of things you see to add at your own pace. Maybe you'll find this doable maybe it won't be something you want to add.

When we only had our zip to choose from - the city name element would only ever be one length and never move. So if you placed it against a side of screen it would never change. With GPS mode the city name will now be changing size often therefore be "moving around" on our screen.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the city element is hard coded to "center justify" now? Can we have the choice of left and right justify as well? Or can you point me toward the code line where I can change the current element to my liking?

Thanks..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (03-21-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    June,
    I know you have a list of things you see to add at your own pace. Maybe you'll find this doable maybe it won't be something you want to add.

When we only had our zip to choose from - the city name element would only ever be one length and never move. So if you placed it against a side of screen it would never change. With GPS mode the city name will now be changing size often therefore be "moving around" on our screen.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the city element is hard coded to "center justify" now? Can we have the choice of left and right justify as well? Or can you point me toward the code line where I can change the current element to my liking?

Thanks..
    Didn't think of this. As of now it is not set to any side. It never changed, there was no need to justify alignment. The stylesheet is in Stylesheets/Lockscreen.css

Thanks

Same thing happens with weather description. I set my theme up when it was 'Fair'. 'Moderately Cloudy' went off the screen. I'm waiting with anticipation for tomorrow's 'Severe Thunderstorms' !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchmonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    Same thing happens with weather description. I set my theme up when it was 'Fair'. 'Moderately Cloudy' went off the screen. I'm waiting with anticipation for tomorrow's 'Severe Thunderstorms' !
    That one was text-align:left; I see it isn't now Both are fixed btw. Just change themes to pull the new js file.

Note: Fixed on GPS version. I will have to update the NonGPS to fix.

--------------------------------------

For those who want weather.com weather instead of yahoo. Works on GPS and nonGPS versions.

Last edited by June'sIphone; 03-21-2014 at 07:12 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

jawonder (03-22-2014), jeeepers7 (03-21-2014), Switchmonkey (03-21-2014)

Thanks

I'd love to see this on the lock screen, just the stock weather page with a scrolling hourly.

I don't have the first clue about code, but there must be a simple way to just cull the data from the stock app and display it as a lock screen widget, cydget, tweak, whatever they are called.
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 03-21-2014 at 07:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LB Perspective

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jeeepers7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I'd love to see this on the lock screen, just the stock weather page with a scrolling hourly.

I don't have the first clue about code, but there must be a simple way to just cull the data from the stock app and display it as a lock screen widget, cydget, tweak, whatever they are called.
    Why would you want to pull info from the weather app? Sure it is possible, and you could run forecast to do this as it pulls info from the weather tweak. Just as shown there I believe. LB also will support you to run Forecast. Anything run with WidgetWeather I think breaks it though.

On the other hand you can do exactly what the weather app does itself, and pull the info just as it does. In reality all you are doing is calling a website, pulling the info into widgets which ours are the html, and displaying exactly what this "xml/JSON" says. Its trivial, and very simple. The reason you do not see this is everyone uses one code. Moves items around and calls them self a dev. They don't understand how simple it is to start ground up, and how vastly different their LS, iWidget, etc could be.

One of my main inspirations for LockBuilder. If anyone can edit these css files and move them around, knowing minimal code. Why not just take the coding knowledge out of it. Then everyone could make these what were "Paid Lockscreens" Moving css values is easy enough to write a script to do it for you. Just as LB is created. A script watches as you move each element. Remembers where you put it and how it is styled.

In the end i'm hoping it separates actual devs from copy/pasters. People who don't care about following coding languages as they change/grow. The hobbyist I guess. Out to make a quick buck off users. Now if you just move some css you can charge .99, 1.99, 2.99 etc for it. Average people can now make it in LB without any coding knowledge what so ever. And in the end upload it for free. I think it will change how people start designing Lockscreens, for the best. I may be advantageous, but I think you will see a lot better lockscreens come out of it. or hope so anyway.

I'm in a talking mood as you see. Sorry for the long post, half of which has nothing that pertains to your statement lol.

To answer your statement. Forecast will do what you want:P I could do hourly in another LS if I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeepers7 View Post
    LB Perspective

This is awesome!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

jeeepers7 (03-22-2014)

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Thing is, I've been having occasional crashes into safe mode. I have disabled everything except for cydgetloader, and Forecast, so for me, Forecast must be causing the issue. When I turn it off, no crashes. I run both LB and Destini, and have tried IOS7LockscreenWeather a well. Seems to all go OK without Forecast running, except when the phone goes to sleep by itself. If I have LB as the first cydget, it sometimes messes up the Date/Time area of the screen and displays nothing else. It will not completely load no matter how long I wait. If I set Destini as first, it works fine and I can click through to LB with no issues. I'm at a loss to comprehend why the problems are there, except for Forecast, however, when I turn off cydget and run Forecast, I can load up all my tweaks without any problems, so maybe the issue is in Cydget somehow. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled and it's still the same, so am just living with it for now. I like the ability to customize the look in LB, and I like having that forecast on the next page there from Forecast7 as well. For now, I'll just have to be patient and give each LS a day on their own and see if I can get through one without a dump.

This whole business with LB all started with the comment about the ellipsis thing. I am obsessed with getting my PetPeeve theme to work!

Edit: On a more positive note, that SafeHouse things works well with passcode enabled.
    Last edited by Switchmonkey; 03-21-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 706 Posts

For me

LB Plugged (thanks for the creator)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramses2 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (03-22-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

@June,
    Great work with the gps👍
    One thing, if I use forecast with LB GPS it uses neighbourhood and not city. When I use LB weatherwidget city i get mine city.
    I'll hope you understand mine question. Can I change the forecast to show city instead of neighbourhood?
    Again great work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 903 Posts

Thanks for the GPS Version June. One thing, i installed the GPS Version then i installed Serenity Theme from Cydia and it installed the non GPS version of LockBuilder automatically so now i have both versions . If i try to uninstall the non GPS it will uninstall all my icons and themes . Is there a way to just have the GPS Version ? .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    Thanks for the GPS Version June. One thing, i installed the GPS Version then i installed Serenity Theme from Cydia and it installed the non GPS version of LockBuilder automatically so now i have both versions . If i try to uninstall the non GPS it will uninstall all my icons and themes . Is there a way to just have the GPS Version ? .
    Install the theme from the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipperd View Post
    @June,
    Great work with the gps👍
    One thing, if I use forecast with LB GPS it uses neighbourhood and not city. When I use LB weatherwidget city i get mine city.
    I'll hope you understand mine question. Can I change the forecast to show city instead of neighbourhood?
    Again great work.
    What's your lat and long. Mine shows city not neighborhood.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 03-22-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 706 Posts

Based on 69 theme (thanks for the creators)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramses2 For This Useful Post:

mcooper (03-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,583 Times in 4,085 Posts

Hey guys App has been updated

Click My Sig For my auros Mods

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

jeeepers7 (03-22-2014), June'sIphone (03-22-2014), mcooper (03-22-2014)

Thanks

Just downloaded this, pretty cool! Is it normal when I turn my phone on, my LS wallpaper shows for 1-2 seconds before my lock builder screen appears?

Thanks

i have no idea why, but i cant find the original package.. im trying to purchase but cant seem to find... is there a specific repo i need to have?
    Just a guy who loves electronics and sneakers....

Eli7e

Thanks
    Thanked 15,583 Times in 4,085 Posts

cydia://package/com.macciti.lockbuilderforios7cydget
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

LinkBacks (?)