Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: miWeather cydget by JunesIphone

The update doesnt matter. Any cydget (even welcome) still crashes when I get any notification (sms or mail). I dont have bitesms.

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,064 Times in 3,681 Posts

I see. It doesn't seem like your issue is with miWeather, since it is happening with all cydgets.

You must have a tweak that is conflicting with Cydget. Only thing I can think of. I suggest to get iCleaner Pro from repo http://exile90software.com/cydia/

Go through and turn off mobile substrates until you find the issue, or turn them all off but cydget and see if it still happens. I have had to do this many times to find issues with tweaks. I must add Cydget works great on my device. I have 6 cydgets running now, and flip through them all day working on each one of them.

Maybe you can also get status modifier to see what your ram is looking like. iCleaner pro can also tell you if your system file is full. I have had this happen since cydgets install on the system partition. You did say you deleted miWeather so that would clear up space. Just worth a check. When system partitions get full strange things can happen. Good luck and please report your findings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After installing miWeather (ios 7.0.5) it shows now data. Changed the location code. Still just empty boxes. Only data next to Forecast.

Thanks

Location is set from the settings.app

http://youtu.be/s8gHEepT9iQ
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 02-18-2014 at 02:34 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

untrue (02-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I see. It doesn't seem like your issue is with miWeather, since it is happening with all cydgets.

You must have a tweak that is conflicting with Cydget. Only thing I can think of. I suggest to get iCleaner Pro from repo Ivano Bilenchi's Cydia Repository

Go through and turn off mobile substrates until you find the issue, or turn them all off but cydget and see if it still happens. I have had to do this many times to find issues with tweaks. I must add Cydget works great on my device. I have 6 cydgets running now, and flip through them all day working on each one of them.

Maybe you can also get status modifier to see what your ram is looking like. iCleaner pro can also tell you if your system file is full. I have had this happen since cydgets install on the system partition. You did say you deleted miWeather so that would clear up space. Just worth a check. When system partitions get full strange things can happen. Good luck and please report your findings.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I thought miWeather had caused it because that was the last thing I tried. Also Saurik had posted something about notifications with cydgets that I couldn't quit understand. Since you seem to be someone who like to embed hightech options in your lockscreeen, I though something there might have gone wrong.

The system partition has more than enough space, because I have sym-linked cydgets a long time ago. According to SBSettings the memory is about 300MB, so more than enough. However when I started the mobile substrate toggling it turned out it was lockHTML3 that was the culprit. I didn't expect that, because it has been running besides cydgets from the start. It must have been the last update. So I uninstalled that. Now, when I get a notification the notification pane shows up, but it doesn't contain any text. Ah well, at least I see there's SOME notification and the phone doesn't crash to safemode anymore. For the moment, it's good enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (02-19-2014)

Thanks

Do you have customLS? If so delete it and use lock screen tools. I had HTML3 and cydgets and had no conflicts.

Thanks

Have a ? For the Master of lockscreens, you know about the crashing of the phone, a lot of people say it happens when a lockscreen have heavy animation, i have this lockscreen and my ? Is, does this theme have heavy animation, indolent Think so.

Thanks

I have never experienced crashing due to heavy animations. Hell I put flappybird on the lockscreen and had no issues.

Majority of people problem is tweaks they have. I'd say 90% of the time it has nothing to do with the lockscreen they are using. It is a conflict with cydget and a tweak. CustomLS is one of those tweaks.

Some others have issues with TouchID and cydget. Why they have these issues I dunno.

I restored 3 days ago, fresh phone. I literally with no exaggeration have 6 cydgets running on the lockscreen with 0 crashes, but I've never had any issues wish cydget at all.

It's frustrating to say the least, for others to have issues you cannot reproduce.

Do you have customLS? If so delete it and use lock screen tools. I had HTML3 and cydgets and had no conflicts.
    I did a full restore and setup as new phone, as suggested by NewdestinyX, and now the two do work together. Not was causing it exactly, but I'm glad it's solved. And yes, I do use CustomLS, also in my new setup. Is there some know problem with customLS?

Thanks

Yes there is a problem with customLS. If you would have turned off tweaks instead of restoring you may have witnessed this. I have 4 people right now that deleted customLS and they no longer have safe mode.

This is why I recommend turning tweaks off. Not only do you help me, you also help others that are having issues.

Glad you're good now. As a replacement for customLS you can use Lock Screen Tools.

Yes there is a problem with customLS. If you would have turned off tweaks instead of restoring you may have witnessed this. I have 4 people right now that deleted customLS and they no longer have safe mode.

This is why I recommend turning tweaks off. Not only do you help me, you also help others that are having issues.

Glad you're good now. As a replacement for customLS you can use Lock Screen Tools.
    I did start by turning tweaks off (using sbsettings, I don't have iCleaner Pro). As said, LockHTML3 was the problem. Then I turned off EVERY tweak but cydgets and LockHTML3 and it's still crashed on notifications. I have no idea what was actually so messed up, but I'm glad I did do a restore. As for customLS. I removed that now. No need for any other tweak, because LockHTML3 does take care of that fine now. I only used it to hide stuff anyway. Always good to have the same result with a tweak less.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions, though.

Thanks

Just for further advice, if you don't use LockHTML3 to run lockscreens. You do not need it to hide items. It does more than just hide things, even with it off it still does things that cydget does when a cydget is applied.

For example when you install LockHTML3 it runs the mobile substrate, which hides the invisible media player background. Cydget also does this, so having both doing it could result in more problems. Just FYI

Sounds logic, it seems LockHTML3 is always doing it's things. even when it's off, no html selected and all options off. That's why I figured I might as well use it to display the notifications the way I want them (e.g. I turned off blur) and hiding those items seems only a small step from there. I didn't really want to uninstall or even turn it off using mobile substrate, because I want to be able to test my UniAW modifications in all 3 lockscreen players.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tcm1998 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (02-20-2014)

Thanks

Anyway to change the text on LS to dark?

Thanks

Sure just edit the css

CSS Text

19. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

C2CA (02-24-2014)

Default Clock not changing to 24Hours
    Hy peps,

Just a little question, im not able to change the clock to 24hour format, i changed it in the settings and also manually in both files clock.js var TwentyFourHourClock = "true"; and also in weather.js var TwentyFourHourClock = "true"; but the clock is still showing am or pm, does anyone else have this issue?

any help is appreciated,

Thanks

the last week i have a funny problem,it say undefined under weather every day it has worked for a long time with no problems then it just stoped and says undefined ?
    any idea ? someone

Thanks

no one else with this problem ?

Default Having issues with the miweather ls
    It keeps showing a undefined area. I read its suppose to be a issue i think you stated in regard to the feed not updating a high.

All i get is a undefined and i want to make it disappear completely or at least for it too show the high temp.

I put it in a pic below.. Maybe you can help. Thanks June.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_2725.png  

Thanks

ImageUploadedByModMyi1399302058.063867.jpg

I don't have the issue. Just FYI if you edit log files in the emails you will not get a reply from me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast