Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PlasMUI - Icon theme

me ATM,big thanx to all,appreciate

Last edited by meth357; 11-21-2013 at 07:11 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meth357 For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (11-21-2013), Bulldog5278 (11-21-2013), It's Mi (01-03-2014), Karoonchai (11-22-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Gunspeed's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice setup you got there my friend.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gunspeed For This Useful Post:

meth357 (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

surprisingly these icons go very well with Septem ui

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sephiroth726 For This Useful Post:

mcooper (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azizazooz For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-03-2014), Karoonchai (11-22-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

IGN

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to alexse25 For This Useful Post:

Bulldog5278 (11-21-2013), Caflip (02-01-2014), conci2212 (01-03-2014), It's Mi (01-03-2014), jhosne11 (11-29-2013), Karoonchai (11-22-2013), King_O_Hill (11-21-2013), Krima (11-21-2013), krovisneg (11-26-2013), Mavishi (11-22-2013), mcooper (11-21-2013), meth357 (11-21-2013), Norboy (03-01-2014), Optymus (11-30-2013), RodrickB (12-16-2013), T76 (11-21-2013), TeddyDiesel (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexse25 View Post
    IGN

Hi Alexse25,
    will you make me some icon in white
    Yahoo Messenger,PayPal,Navigon,Bank Of America,ProTube,Netflix,Shazam,BytaFont,Springtomi ze,Zeusmos,BackBoard,Terminal,AppInfo,MyLocation,i Cleaner

Thanks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T76 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-21-2013), mcooper (11-21-2013)

if only someone would be generous and make biteSMS theme
    My humble thanks to:all themes creators,modders and coders.
    My special thanks to Sk37ch for unselfishly sharing his work and knowledge,
    dmick89 for his support and kind words for my work.
    Alfroggy,KOH,ferlop,Ian,Decal,RKO and NewD for puting up with my stupid questions.
    and all who click thanks on my post,thank you all

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meth357 For This Useful Post:

Bulldog5278 (11-21-2013), sephiroth726 (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,587 Times in 1,754 Posts

First of all, very nice work xpprem. Looking smooth and crafted with care. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    Nice hands
    thank you very much for your help Cooper  
    It's all you bro. Your work is first rate.
    Ok. Now I let the first indecent slide, but I have to speak my mind here. First and foremost, what I really don't like is the fact you know very well about RGBA color codes, as you mod widgets.....yet you had to go to McCooper for help in modifying these values in the liveclock plist. This leads me to believe you knew the extent of how undocumented the process is of modifying that tweak. I downloaded every free and paid (where owned) Liveclock theme available to me at the time, and none had modified the overall shape of the hands. Boss iOS uses standard "Pointed" shape hands, and I brought this thinking FIF7Y would have made some elegant hands....considering he's one of the few people that use illustrator to make Clockify PDF hands, which is the intended method over Photoshop. I spent many days and 100's of resprings trying to figure it out, and dansaDisco helped me as best he could, with a plain text document, briefly describing some values, but he also mentioned that some stuff he was still unsure of. I have given him due credit on my thread, and would appreciate it if that could be extended, by redirecting people to where the artwork comes from, then I can take the 1 minute to mod the color, and post credit where credit is due.

The plist you used is exactly the same as mine (except a colour change or 2), and you didn't even bother to change the blue node to match your second hand......because even changing colours can be a pain inside that mess of numbers and values that seem to make no sense whatsoever....UNLESS you spend weeks inside the plist adjusting one value at a time, then respring to see what each key means. Then you can play around, and after some trial and error (first screen), you can get some cool things happening (second screen). Like I said....you knew where the plist came from, you knew how much time and effort goes into my work, you knew how confusing the Liveclock plist can be, yet you credited someone else for an RGBA adjustment? If people would like to chase the rabbit, be my guest.....I have some free time now that my motivation for designing is at a low, so I can back up any "unsubstantiated" claims with hours of screenshots, emails, twitter convo's with dD......it's no time at all, relative to the amount spent on working with this tweak so far.

I've posted this here, only as I felt my side of the story should be heard in context of the issue at hand. If anyone does wish to take take this further, I ask out of respect for this thread that any issues be directed via PM, or if you'd rather be heard publicly, then I'm happy to take it somewhere like The Great Debate. Thank you.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-24-2013), bluevixen (11-21-2013), Bulldog5278 (11-21-2013), It's Mi (01-03-2014), Karoonchai (11-22-2013), lion19 (11-22-2013), meth357 (11-21-2013), RKO1195 (11-21-2013), TeddyDiesel (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.
    thanks very much x zip files Bari

So glad I stay off threads nowadays.......smh

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEDi81 For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (11-22-2013), RKO1195 (11-23-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,954 Times in 6,529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JEDi81 View Post
    So glad I stay off threads nowadays.......smh
    Me too!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (11-22-2013), JEDi81 (11-21-2013)

Dear Sketch, I never saw the plist Alex used. He asked me how to change the colors and I explained it to him. I don't know who's plist he modified. If you have every liveolock theme available then you surely know that there isn't a huge difference in any of the plists. And it is likely that he didn't think about the plist he used as being yours. You are a VERY talented individual and I truly admire your work and generosity. But I might venture to say that the ability to mod clock hands on a plist is not a difficult task. At least not to me, especially since the second hand on the original tweak is already a straight hand( not to difficult to replicate) and I don't feel like anyone deserves "credit" for a liveclock plist. Except maybe Ryan Petrich. You do a lot of incredible work my friend, that is admired by myself and many others, but a plist file???? Isn't that taking the "credit" thing a little far? And if not should everyone trace the provenance of everything they mod and credit everyone that had a hand in it all the way back to the original? That would be very time consuming. Which I guess is why so many people use the meaningless "credit to creators".

Sincerly,
    mcooper

I apologize to everyone who has to put up with crap. This was intended to be a PM but it didn't start that way like it should have so I will just follow suit.

In conclusion, I claim no credit nor do I accept any credit for any tweak or mod or idea on the entire mmi site. As for anyone who thinks I have stolen their original ideas or profited in any way from their hard work then I humbly apologize. Please forgive me and all that other stuff. Cheers, peace and love! 👍
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

JEDi81 (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

Thanks

Lots of issues with live clock it seems.

I'm just throwing thus out there. Isn't it clockify that uses PDF files for the hands and not live clock?

Anyway, as someone who gas also spent hours trying to master the color scheme for the hands of live clock, I can attest that it is a rather daunting task to get what you want. If someone has figured out an easier way, then I'm all effin ears!

I can easily see it both ways, but I have to lean a little more towards the "really, it's just a plist" rather than it being anything more. Sorry, just my $.02 and I'm bored.

Great job xpprem/gc3!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (11-22-2013), Krima (11-21-2013), mcooper (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bulldog5278 For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (11-21-2013), It's Mi (01-03-2014), King_O_Hill (11-21-2013), Mav1971 (11-22-2013), meth357 (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I can easily see it both ways, but I have to lean a little more towards the "really, it's just a plist" rather than it being anything more. Sorry, just my $.02 and I'm bored.
    No disrespect meant and this isn't said just to you, King, but I don't think it's very fair to use the word "just" when talking about anybody's work, be it a plist or an icon or even a painting.

I don't think there's anyone in the world who's made something they're extremely proud of with less than an hours work put into it so for someone to come along and say "Oh, it's just a..." can be seen as quite dismissive.

You do a lot of incredible work my friend, that is admired by myself and many others, but a plist file???? Isn't that taking the "credit" thing a little far?
    I'm sure Sk37ch is in no way claiming he invented the plist. He's showing, however, that he wrote his own version to suit his LiveClock, for his themes. A simple thank you or at least acknowledgment that Sk37ch put hours of work into it before someone changed a few colour values, isn't too much to ask? Would anyone be happy that someone else was taking credit for something they spent so much time and effort to make?

I mean no disrespect to anyone here and I'm sorry to derail your thread xpprem but I felt the need to put a couple of points across.

If anyone likes, please PM me to discuss it further. Hopefully Sk37ch and Alex can discuss it more themselves.

Again many thanks for everything you all make and share with us. We'd all have awful stock iPhones without you!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluevixen For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-24-2013), meth357 (11-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluevixen View Post
    No disrespect meant and this isn't said just to you, King, but I don't think it's very fair to use the word "just" when talking about anybody's work, be it a plist or an icon or even a painting.

I don't think there's anyone in the world who's made something they're extremely proud of with less than an hours work put into it so for someone to come along and say "Oh, it's just a..." can be seen as quite dismissive.

I'm sure Sk37ch is in no way claiming he invented the plist. He's showing, however, that he wrote his own version to suit his LiveClock, for his themes. A simple thank you or at least acknowledgment that Sk37ch put hours of work into it before someone changed a few colour values...
    You should understand things a little more before posting.

All that was done by sketch to change the color and the shapes was edit a few values to begin with.

This is the reason that it was not seen as a big deal!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

mcooper (11-21-2013), meth357 (11-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bluevixen View Post

I'm sure Sk37ch is in no way claiming he invented the plist. He's showing, however, that he wrote his own version to suit his LiveClock, for his themes. A simple thank you or at least acknowledgment that Sk37ch put hours of work into it before someone changed a few colour values, isn't too much to ask? Would anyone be happy that someone else was taking credit for something they spent so much time and effort to make?

I mean no disrespect to anyone here and I'm sorry to derail your thread xpprem but I felt the need to put a couple of points across.

If anyone likes, please PM me to discuss it further. Hopefully Sk37ch and Alex can discuss it more themselves.

Again many thanks for everything you all make and share with us. We'd all have awful stock iPhones without you!
    Why do people post things then say PM me if you disagree???

My point is that no one can prove they wrote a plist for liveclock from scratch. Except maybe the creator of liveclock.
    And to modify someone else's and then expect a pat on the back when someone modifies yours is laughable. Even if it was difficult for you to mod it. Just because its difficult for you doesn't mean it's difficult for others. There is no way to prove sketch made straight clock hand before anyone else, and I probably didn't either. But I can do it, and I don't use his mod as a pattern. And also if you look at the comparison that he posted it looks to me like Alex's minute hand is shorter, so I figure he did a little more than change colors. Anyway I hate this stuff and feel bad for those that got their feelings hurt and I feel like I should contribute. So....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nldl6hdhzan7cwn/LiveClock.zip

ImageUploadedByModMyi1385069594.754259.jpg

Here is a liveclock plist that I just finished modding from the original liveclock dark theme from the original tweak. I think it compliments this theme. Cheers
    Edit: all credit to the original creator of liveclock.
    Last edited by mcooper; 11-21-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (11-22-2013), broodwar (11-21-2013), It's Mi (01-03-2014), King_O_Hill (11-21-2013)

I think the bottom line is Alex is a great guy that always helps multiple threads. He has contributed many times to, in my eyes, making a theme just (lol) a little bit more complete. He has never asked for anything in return and has always been humbled by people's gratitude. I know he meant nothing by it and his actions should be judged as such.

Sk37ch is also an amazing talent and I hope he continues to produce awesome goodness like his new folder icons. Seriously, y'all should go check them out.
    Last edited by Krima; 11-21-2013 at 05:08 PM.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (11-22-2013), Alfroggy (11-24-2013), bluevixen (11-21-2013), Bulldog5278 (11-21-2013), King_O_Hill (11-21-2013), mcooper (11-21-2013), meth357 (11-21-2013), xpprem (11-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I think the bottom line is Alex is a great guy that always helps multiple threads. He has contributed many times to, in my eyes, make a theme just (lol) a little bit more complete. He has never asked for anything in return and has always been humbled by people's gratitude. I know he meant nothing by it and his actions should be judged as such.

Sk37ch is also an amazing talent and I hope he continues to produce awesome goodness like his new folder icons. Seriously, y'all should go check them out.
    agree,i got nothing more to say

Quote Originally Posted by azizazooz View Post
    Me today
    nice badge it was not intended for that but nice
    Last edited by meth357; 11-21-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    My humble thanks to:all themes creators,modders and coders.
    My special thanks to Sk37ch for unselfishly sharing his work and knowledge,
    dmick89 for his support and kind words for my work.
    Alfroggy,KOH,ferlop,Ian,Decal,RKO and NewD for puting up with my stupid questions.
    and all who click thanks on my post,thank you all

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meth357 For This Useful Post:

alexse25 (11-22-2013), Alfroggy (11-24-2013), Krima (11-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meth357 View Post
    nice badge it was not intended for that but nice
    Ha, I didn't even notice that!

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

mcooper (11-21-2013), meth357 (11-21-2013)

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast