+ Reply
Page 86 of 115 FirstFirst ... 36 768485868788 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2292

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by dmick89 Is there something specific I need to do to reset privacy and location? TIA Settings/General/Reset/Reset Location & Privacy
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,982 Times in 4,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmick89 View Post
    Is there something specific I need to do to reset privacy and location? TIA
    Settings/General/Reset/Reset Location & Privacy
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

dmick89 (06-04-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,393 Times in 6,351 Posts

Nice find guys!

Yes, tapping into the frameworks is so much better than using WW! To each his own. I know, I know it's not that other tweak that's at fault.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
    Same here as soon as I use Dacals LS and Chevys Double LS it crashes at random.
    Werty can you provide us a tweak list of yours so we can compare notes. And install CrashReporter and Symbolicate from Cydia and send Matt your next Crash Report? It would really help.. You have to have it installed, THEN crash.. Then you can send the report listed under Springboard.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Nice find guys!
    Yes, tapping into the frameworks is so much better than using WW! To each his own. I know, I know it's not that other tweak that's at fault.
    Great sarcasm, bro!! I think I'm building a 'sensor' for it now...

---Crash Report Update----
    Well - alas.. The CoreFramework button, leftover from June's LockBuilderGPS was NOT my smoking gun. Woke up this morning to a crash.. and then 3.5 hours later to another one. Now at the height of my crashing it would even crash a little more often than that.. so let's say... MAYBE... the LBuilder GPS leftover was maybe 'another problem'. Some of the crashes seemed to happen exactly at points on my drive home where WidgetWeather would update my Location.. BAMM- Crash.. So the LockBuilderGPS was 'in' the equation.. But still I'm not crash free... And as soon as I turn off Convergence and play the same LockScreen (high animation) in LockHTML3 or GroovyLock.. --no crashing..

So for now.. I'm going to keep Convergence off - cause I just can't stand crashing. I feel like Krima did with Cydgets. Everyone but he was stable with Cydgets but he just had to give up. I feel like, for my sanity's sake I need to leave Convergence behind for a period. Matt has a couple of my Crash reports and I am only TOO happy to install any updates and test again.. My tweaks I'm using have my phone exactly the way I like it and am 100% stable without a high animation LS running in Conv. So until I can be 100% stable with Conv running those higher ani LS's I need to bail.

To be clear.. MOST of you are stable... and this is a THE BEST LS PLAYER EVER!!! LOVE IT!!!! This is just one of those times when "I" can't get stable with it. Would LOVE to be..

Thanks, Matt.. You're doing a GREAT JOB, bro!!!! Sorry my phone is 'fussy' with it..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-05-2014)

Thanks

Does anyone else have a time delay. If it's 12:26 and the last time I checked LS was 12:20 my phone will still say 12:20 then quickly flash over to 12:26

Thanks
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Riesinger View Post
    Does anyone else have a time delay. If it's 12:26 and the last time I checked LS was 12:20 my phone will still say 12:20 then quickly flash over to 12:26
    Nope none at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Nope none at all

Then what is causing this? It can't be a tweak conflict bc my dads JB 5S, I only installed just convergence. Nothing else and his does it too.

Thanks

Default Convergance: A bold new direction
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Riesinger View Post
    I don't think people understood your question. What you're describing happens on all phones running Convergence.. It just happens in a split second. Tiny delay as code runs and updates the time.

Your word "time delay" is what was confusing. There's a "half second" "time display update delay" not a 'time delay'.

It doesn't really need to be fixed. It happens on pretty much all my Lockscreens that display time.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-05-2014 at 09:15 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Andrew Riesinger (06-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I don't think people understood your question. What you're describing happens on all phones running Convergence.. It just happens in a split second. Tiny delay as code runs and updates the time.

Your word "time delay" is what was confusing. There's a "half second" "time display update delay" not a 'time delay'.

It doesn't really need to be fixed. It happens on pretty much all my Lockscreens that display time.
    Ah thank you. So it is normal. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,349 Posts

Ah yes I misunderstood sorry, the way you said it made it sound like a "constant" time delay

Thanks

Okay.. so I just enjoy Convergence so much I just couldn't turn it off.. LOL!! I had to keep digging.. With so many people stable and crash free with it - and with me using pretty common tweaks.. I just have to believe this is a low memory issue (from all the animated stuff I run) causing my crashes.. Matt, also, in my emails with him felt the same thing.. though also sees Sprintomize 3 in my crash log as in the equation. But others running S3 and Convergence have no issue at all. So let's leave S3 out of the equation..

A pattern started to emerge for me.. in that whenever Dacal's SUN animation is running either in UniAW6.4_SB(WW), UniAW6.4_SB(myLoc) or Dacal's Yahoo 2.6 in runnning on SB.. OR any Lockscreen is running Dacal's Sun - that's when I get the crashes.. In all my testing the Marty-Dacal Lockscreen (which employ's Dacal's Sun) has been a constant. It's ALWAYS running in Convergence. SO..

--With MartyDacal Yahoo LS running in Convergence +
    1)When I run low animation in SBHTML on the SB I get no crashing at all
    2)When I run high animation with Ian's Sun in SBHTML I get rare crashing
    3)When I run high animation with Dacal's Sun on in my widget chosen in SBHTML - I get a bunch of random crashing and crashing whenever my NewDUltimateLocation iWidget updates thru Widget Weather.

So - I think, as Matt told me, that my issue is indeed a low memory crashing issue. I am asking a lot of my phone that others aren't.

But there must be something in the WebKit animations Dacal uses for his sun - that requires more memory than Ian's sun animation. I've definitely made a correlation between my crashing and which SUN animation is running in my SB widget in SBHTML.

King will tell me if any of that is logical or not.. LOL!!!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-06-2014 at 12:14 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wonder if it because Dacal's Sun uses hue-rotate webkit filter for the sunrise or sunset?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,393 Times in 6,351 Posts

It is logical, but I'm curious as to why you chose to eliminate S3 from the equation. This tweak does so many different things that its possible that its your combo of tweaks, HTML/CSS & what you are using S3 for that could be causing the issue. Don't trust what others say, I would still try with it disabled to rule it out, just to be 100% sure.

JMHO
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 1,809 Posts

Springtomize 3 is a problem I took it off and I'm running great I don't need it anyways

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-06-2014), meth357 (06-06-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It is logical, but I'm curious as to why you chose to eliminate S3 from the equation. This tweak does so many different things that its possible that its your combo of tweaks, HTML/CSS & what you are using S3 for that could be causing the issue. Don't trust what others say, I would still try with it disabled to rule it out, just to be 100% sure.

JMHO
    Understood. But so many are rock stable with S3 and Conv that I'd put the onus on Conv to become fully compatible with S3. S3 replaces 9 individual other tweaks I'd have to employ to get my SB even close to what I want. Rather use 1 tweak than 9. I think most would.

Right now without using a Dacal sun on my SB I'm crash free for 5 hours.. And I get to keep Convergence as my LS player - running Marty-Dacal LS..

So I'm a pretty happy camper at the moment with a workaround I can live with. S3 being off isn't an option for me - even for a test period. SB would be a mess.

But thanks for your input..

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    Wonder if it because Dacal's Sun uses hue-rotate webkit filter for the sunrise or sunset?
    Aha! That's a WebKit tool not used in Ian's sun animation. Good find, Danny!!

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Springtomize 3 is a problem I took it off and I'm running great I don't need it anyways
    S3 has never been a problem for me since early jailbreak in January. Rock stable for me. Crashing has only been a part of my equation since Convergence and SBHTML have lived on my phone. Zero crashing from February to May with Springtomize 3 on the whole time. S3 is NOT a problem tweak in combo with close to 25 tweaks I run before Convergence and SBHTML.. So I don't expect Fillippo to change anything on his end. His tweak is rock solid - though, as King said, it does a lot of things that COULD conflict with something else.. Though that's not been my experience.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-06-2014 at 01:40 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 409 Posts

I've just put out a new beta with this changelog:

6.x-7.x: Fixed issue where Convergance would only show the wallpaper
    6.x-7.x: Added a separate option to fade a HTML lockscreen under music controls
    6.x-7.x: Added an option to disable accelerated HTML rendering for lockscreens
    6.x-7.x: Added a Debug logging option to Advanced settings

That new accelerated rendering switch may help with your issues @NewD, so I'd be interested to see what happens with it for you!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-07-2014), marco29 (06-07-2014), mirilopr (06-08-2014), prymeh (06-07-2014), RKO1195 (06-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    I've just put out a new beta with this changelog:

6.x-7.x: Fixed issue where Convergance would only show the wallpaper
    6.x-7.x: Added a separate option to fade a HTML lockscreen under music controls
    6.x-7.x: Added an option to disable accelerated HTML rendering for lockscreens
    6.x-7.x: Added a Debug logging option to Advanced settings

That new accelerated rendering switch may help with your issues @NewD, so I'd be interested to see what happens with it for you!
    Ill certainly give it a go now Matt. Can you email me the .deb?

Also all this time I've had the "disable Intensive Effects" button on. Is that good or bad for my issues?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ill certainly give it a go now Matt. Can you email me the .deb?

Also all this time I've had the "disable Intensive Effects" button on. Is that good or bad for my issues?
    The deb with that new toggle is already live on my repo, so upgrading in Cydia will do the trick! The disable intensive effects isn't checked in any of the HTML code, so it's probably had much of an effect for you. I'm thinking it was the use of the Nitro engine that was causing problems for you, so flicking the new switch off in Background > Advanced *should* sort it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

marco29 (06-07-2014)

Thanks

The deb with that new toggle is already live on my repo, so upgrading in Cydia will do the trick! The disable intensive effects isn't checked in any of the HTML code, so it's probably had much of an effect for you. I'm thinking it was the use of the Nitro engine that was causing problems for you, so flicking the new switch off in Background > Advanced *should* sort it.
    Great! Just updated.. So I'll keep the new switch OFF. Ok.. Though the disclaimer under the switch is a smidgen confusing..

Will test by turning all Dacal Sun animations back on. Let's give this baby a REAL test..

And in your 2nd to last sentence above I think you meant to say that "the disable intensive effects switch has probably NOT had much of an effect for me".. Right?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-07-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks

Yeah, I did miss "not" out there!

Agreed; I've just taken the line about SBHTML out as it may be confusing, although for most people it shouldn't need to be touched.

Thanks

Yeah, I did miss "not" out there!

Agreed; I've just taken the line about SBHTML out as it may be confusing, although for most people it shouldn't need to be touched.
    So it's "benefit" (staying turned on) is what - exactly?