+ Reply
Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 46 86 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Convergance: A bold new direction

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Alfroggy Battery. Saurik calls it a feature. Yeah I know but I never noticed any better battery life using that "feature".
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,702 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Battery. Saurik calls it a feature.
    Yeah I know but I never noticed any better battery life using that "feature".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-26-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,393 Times in 6,351 Posts

I wouldn't go by how June's LB loads. It's full of redundant code and frankly is kind of a mess with that archaic version of UniAW and old reused code.

But to each his own.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (03-26-2014)

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,988 Times in 3,657 Posts

Krima mine has never taken 2-3 seconds to load. Which version are you running? I could see how convergence could make it faster with holding it in memory, but honestly the .js files are cached so I don't see much improvement. I still have yet to try it.

King uniAW was sent to me from Ian. Old version yes, but does not effect loading at all if it isn't enabled. Grant actually said it loaded better than the new uniAW as the new animations were causing safe mode. Few adjustments here and there, but is basic yahoo code. Same with 5 day.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 03-26-2014 at 06:57 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-26-2014)

Thanks

I don't use the same basic yahoo code. UniAW is freely available for any version. Why use a version that's 2+ years old. The one that I have now is very lite and fast. But you like what you like bro.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

I will take a look at it if someone points me to it, and may implement. The widgets are just addons to LB no way any part of its main function. Don't really see why it's an issue as it works fine as is. You don't even use LB, so don't understand the bash.

Thanks

I don't use a lot of stuff, but I test almost everything.

Try the first post of UniAW

Thanks

June, I'm using 1.4 of LB. Not the GPS version. The specific theme I use is the Minimal version. I'm not bashing, I swear it would take 2-3 seconds to load everything. A lot of the times it would get stuck on the weather icon and show an incorrect one. Almost as if it would start to load and just stop. Sometimes I would get stuck at a blurred wallpaper, native clock would appear after text, animations reset everytime I turn on my device(I know that's cydget) so I would have to see that element load. Just a lot of little annoyances that quickly piled up.

I like your LS June and for me, it's usable thanks to Matts Convergance tweak. Cydget design feature to shut off completely never made sense to me from an aesthetics point of view.
    Last edited by Krima; 03-26-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,983 Times in 4,506 Posts

Krima, every element of LockBuilder still loads separately for me when running in Convergence too. .. It's so maddening that we can have these completely different experiences.. I'm 100% sure, as I've always been that's it's the combo of tweaks we all have loaded and/or the non-ARM 64 versus ARM64.. On 5S LB in Convergence is not faster. We need Simon as a tester to verify my results. I know you're still on a 5. The difference between 32 and 64 bit has brought up a lot of discrepancies.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I don't use a lot of stuff, but I test almost everything.

Try the first post of UniAW
    So you have used LB or "tested" it? This is interesting. I'll look at uniAW, but would be more interested in your "light" version. The one I have is 6mb. All others are over 100mb.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 03-26-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks

@NewD. I'll make a video tomorrow showing u how Convergance loads versus Cydget. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it loads all my elements, quicker though, and sometimes when I get a text and my phone comes on, my LS is right there and doesn't reload everything as if I just selected a new theme. Do u understand what I mean? I love having that and that's why I PM'd u to try Convergance. No LS platform is perfect but this one is closer to my personal taste.

@June. Another oddity is that even when I had a wallpaper as my background, when I would unlock my device I would see the weather wall for a second.
    Last edited by Krima; 03-26-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    So you have used LB or "tested" it? This is interesting. I'll look at uniAW, but would be more interested in your "light" version. The one I have is 6mb. All others are over 100mb.
    Yes, I say tested because I'm running iOS 7 on one of my "test" iPhones. My daily phone is still on iOS 6. I buy more stuff that I never use than anyone I'm sure. I already had LB, so don't even think about saying what your thinking.

My current UniAW LS is well under 50mb, with images included.

Thanks

Yeah Krima that'll be great though I don't really need proof. I take you at your word , bro..

Let me modify my statement from last post a little bit. For today I've been running a LB build from Ramses2. That one doesn't have to reload anything at all!! It's immediately there on my phone when I wake my phone. But it has ONLY a weather icon to load. I occasionally get a. "?" where that weather icon should be. But when my LTE signal is strong everything is there when I load. So I'm not sure if everything is cached like June is saying. If it were I would think the weather elements would never have to reload.

But any of my lockbuilder themes that have weather elements in them everything has to load separately.

I think when were giving comparative reports we need to be sure to tell each other all of the elements were using. The fact that you're using Minimal from lockbuilder might work differently than other LB themes.

I also had my first safemode crash in weeks. It's only been after I loaded Flipswitch. So I'm sure that Flipswitch is still buggy on Arm 64. I will not be able to bear with crashing of any kind. So if it happens again Convergence is coming off my phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, I say tested because I'm running iOS 7 on one of my "test" iPhones. My daily phone is still on iOS 6. I buy more stuff that I never use than anyone I'm sure. I already had LB, so don't even think about saying what your thinking.

My current UniAW LS is well under 50mb, with images included.
    You sent me your cydia number in DM today. I wasn't thinking anything. Wondering if you had it, why would you send that cydia number. 50mb is still way to much for a widget Addon. I'll stick with the 2 year old version. Thanks anyway.

Thanks

@NewD. You can disable flipswitch and still use Convergance. U just want have the quick toggles when slide to the right.

Thanks

I created the cache manifest ND. I know what is and isn't cached.you can view it if interested. The weather icons pulled from my server are not. Just because there is over 480 of them.

The reason it loads is the code is cached. Not the information pulled from code. It is a LockScreen and personally think this information should be "new" info every time I unlock. Just my opinion though. Sure others have quite a different outlook on how things need to operate.

Thanks

June, u haven't experience not one of the issues I mentioned?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    June, u haven't experience not one of the issues I mentioned?
    2-3 seconds and LB not loading at all? No I have a 5s though. Others have mentioned the 2-3 second load, so I redid a bunch, minimized code, moved js out of html, and added the cache manifest. Now mine loads in .07 seconds. Sometimes faster just an average. Where as before, it was 1-1.5 also had a 600ms delay on the external LS that was loaded, which is now immediate.

Note this is GPS only version. The standard has taken longer as more people want things like neighborhood on the GPS. The standard is done, yet I had another request that may take more time to finish will most likely be faster. Hoping to tackle it tonight.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 03-26-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks

Yeah I read that u reduced the load time. Will be interested to test that out. For me, that is what was holding it back. If those are the load times then that is great to hear. Kudos.

I had the weather icon stick a lot with Cydget but not with Convergance. I know u wouldn't like this tweak but I'm happy Matt spent time implementing this feature.

Thanks

I created the cache manifest ND. I know what is and isn't cached.you can view it if interested. The weather icons pulled from my server are not. Just because there is over 480 of them.

The reason it loads is the code is cached. Not the information pulled from code. It is a LockScreen and personally think this information should be "new" info every time I unlock. Just my opinion though. Sure others have quite a different outlook on how things need to operate.
    Thanks for the clarification of the cache in LB, June. Makes sense some aspects wouldn't be cached.

2-3 seconds and LB not loading at all? No I have a 5s though. Others have mentioned the 2-3 second load, so I redid a bunch, minimized code, moved js out of html, and added the cache manifest. Now mine loads in .07 seconds. Sometimes faster just an average. Where as before, it was 1-1.5 also had a 600ms delay on the external LS that was loaded, which is now immediate.
    June, you need to show us which LB theme you're using. Not all LB themes load in the same amount of time. The more weather elements - the longer the load time on my 5S. I'm not alone. Show us which theme you use so we can compare apples to apples.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-26-2014 at 08:20 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (03-26-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Yeah I read that u reduced the load time. Will be interested to test that out. For me, that is what was holding it back. If those are the load times then that is great to hear. Kudos.

I had the weather icon stick a lot with Cydget but not with Convergance. I know u wouldn't like this tweak but I'm happy Matt spent time implementing this feature.
    It is much better tbh, better than I could have imagined as much code that is loaded. Some simple mistakes by me in the beginning (inline javascript), but we live an learn. It's still impossible to get rid of the settings wall flash (which I hate), but a black wall has been an easy enough fix. All in all well pleased, and even added GPS for you and Grant. Not saying i'm done, or isn't any room for improvement. Will take time though.