Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apex Series: Apex One

Default Subtitle and Profile Name location
    Great theme! I love how easy you made it to add additional icons and/or edit the current ones. Pretty easy to name a png and drop it in a folder.

I accidentally typed in just a space for my Subtitle and clicked OK, and it saved it. But now, I cannot click anywhere in the Subtitle area to bring it back up to edit. I'm going to have to backdoor-edit it, but where is the file that stores these settings? I thought I had looked everywhere in var for it, but I need to find where it stored my space so it can be changed to clickable text. Is there a plist somewhere?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana019 View Post
    i deleted that folder, but still my homescreen looks like this: Attachment 647847

dont know what could be wrong.. :/
    so am i really the only one with this problem?? :/ couldnt figure out whats wrong... reboot/reinstall (winterboard and/or apex) nothing helped... its annoyng..

Can someone tell me if it's possible to move applications around? I removed a few applications (check no icon) but the empty spaces are still there. I would hate to have to go and shift each app up manually to get rid of the space

Quote Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
    Can someone tell me if it's possible to move applications around? I removed a few applications (check no icon) but the empty spaces are still there. I would hate to have to go and shift each app up manually to get rid of the space
    Slide in from the left to go into edit mode and tap on an icon space then choose an app to go there

sorry, i have a question,im using ip 3gs and my screen size 640x960 but Apex is 640x1136, how can i change size for match with my phone.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NBE For This Useful Post:

artfuldodger333 (09-23-2013), falcon212 (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NBE View Post
    -foto.png
    Very nice. Very nice indeed

Default Apex One Prestige
    -img_3470.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hidden icons
    Thank you very much for making this theme, it's awesome!

I have edited some icons for the apps that I want to use on the front page so that they fit with the theme. I wasn't really sure what to do with them so I just named the .png files the same as the app name and put the in the "icon" folder of Apex One. They work fine on the main page, but when I open up the application drawer, the icons in there have reverted to their default images. Please could you tell me if you know of any way to fix this? Should I edit the icon in the application folder in my iPhone directory or is there a better way?

Also, I've noticed that a few icons that are usually hidden (e.g. iAdOptOut) show up with a white icon in my app drawer, and apps that I have hidden with springtomize also show up (e.g. find my friends) - see image. Is there a way to permanently hide them. When I hide them using the edit menu, then I reboot or reload the theme after making a change, they show up again.

Thanks again for such a cool theme!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana019 View Post
    i deleted that folder, but still my homescreen looks like this: Attachment 647847

dont know what could be wrong.. :/
    Try to delete the folder again, and then reinstall Apex One from Cydia (if necessary, reinstall DreamBoard as well)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff2d2 View Post
    Great theme! I love how easy you made it to add additional icons and/or edit the current ones. Pretty easy to name a png and drop it in a folder.

I accidentally typed in just a space for my Subtitle and clicked OK, and it saved it. But now, I cannot click anywhere in the Subtitle area to bring it back up to edit. I'm going to have to backdoor-edit it, but where is the file that stores these settings? I thought I had looked everywhere in var for it, but I need to find where it stored my space so it can be changed to clickable text. Is there a plist somewhere?

Thanks!
    I'm actually not sure where it stored the data, it's the same method as the weather code. I have too look into this

Quote Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
    That is not possible, empty icon = empty space. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by krabappel View Post
    Thank you very much for making this theme, it's awesome!

I have edited some icons for the apps that I want to use on the front page so that they fit with the theme. I wasn't really sure what to do with them so I just named the .png files the same as the app name and put the in the "icon" folder of Apex One. They work fine on the main page, but when I open up the application drawer, the icons in there have reverted to their default images. Please could you tell me if you know of any way to fix this? Should I edit the icon in the application folder in my iPhone directory or is there a better way?

Also, I've noticed that a few icons that are usually hidden (e.g. iAdOptOut) show up with a white icon in my app drawer, and apps that I have hidden with springtomize also show up (e.g. find my friends) - see image. Is there a way to permanently hide them. When I hide them using the edit menu, then I reboot or reload the theme after making a change, they show up again.

Thanks again for such a cool theme!
    Yes, the icon files should be inside the icon folder, hmm... it should work on applications folder as well. Did u use winterboard ?

About the files that is usually hidden, I can do nothing about it. Dreamboard bugs

why I get no weather? :-(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falcon212 View Post
    Yes, the icon files should be inside the icon folder, hmm... it should work on applications folder as well. Did u use winterboard ? (
    I used dreamboard to load the theme, but I'm also using winterboard for a custom lockscreen. Is that a problem?

First off... thank you so much for this! Your creativity and hard work have created an amazing theme and you should be proud of yourself!

I've been customizing the icons with no problem, but I'm having trouble altering the profile pic. This:

4. Drag and drop any image to this canvas, after that save it (Control+S or Cmd+S)

doesn't seem to work for me. Nothing seems to stick when I drag it over it. Any ideas why? Does it matter what format the pic is in? Because I've tried everything (or maybe not!)
    Before that I saw that you had posted this tutorial, I created my own circular .png photo and was able to use it, but I like the layout and shadowing of yours better.

Please help!

and thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by adioph View Post
    why I get no weather? :-(
    ya, me neither. Is it because I live in Taiwan?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeff2d2 View Post

Thanks!

Did the same exact thing. Cant seem to find the file to edit.

Oh and by the way, what an amazing theme! An excellent job!
    Last edited by Bassamw; 10-21-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Hi guys, sorry for my stupid question but, how can i change the icon of the theme?
    Explain:
    In the image posted i see the message icon in a square. When i active my theme the icon is rounded. But, for example, the Facebook icon is good.
    The message, telephone are in a "circle" and all the theme is ****** off.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Similar situation (Icons)
    Hey guys,

My problem is a little similar to shaunino's. I'm extremely new to editing icons, themes and whatnot and would have to say thank you for the very easy to follow instructions!!

My first attempt to editing a theme was with this one. I wanted to combine this themes layout with Winterboards 77 (seventy seven) by Blue. I had to manually change all of the icons from the AP1 to 77 because I couldn't apply it with Winterboard, only the calendar for some reason.

After a few days of working on it, I've finally got it the way that I want it for the most part. Now I'm having trouble changing the icon mask (to fit like the last photo) to be square to fit the rest of the theme. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what but if you know how to fix this, your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Below are some screenshots of the modifications that I have done to Dreamboard/Apex One
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

I changed out the Dreamboard iPhone 4/4s screenshot on iOS 6 to iPhone 5 on iOS 7. It needed an update lol.
    Lockscreen is Convergence, fits great with the theme.

Thank you again in advance!
    Last edited by marckaeden; 02-03-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marckaeden View Post
    Hey guys,

My problem is a little similar to shaunino's. I'm extremely new to editing icons, themes and whatnot and would have to say thank you for the very easy to follow instructions!!

My first attempt to editing a theme was with this one. I wanted to combine this themes layout with Winterboards 77 (seventy seven) by Blue. I had to manually change all of the icons from the AP1 to 77 because I couldn't apply it with Winterboard, only the calendar for some reason.

After a few days of working on it, I've finally got it the way that I want it for the most part. Now I'm having trouble changing the icon mask (to fit like the last photo) to be square to fit the rest of the theme. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what but if you know how to fix this, your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Below are some screenshots of the modifications that I have done to Dreamboard/Apex One
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

I changed out the Dreamboard iPhone 4/4s screenshot on iOS 6 to iPhone 5 on iOS 7. It needed an update lol.
    Lockscreen is Convergence, fits great with the theme.

Thank you again in advance!
    Hi marckaeden ... I really appreciate ifyou can share how you can change the icons or which file you change, I suppose is one of the .plist file, but the big question here is how adn wihich file? ... please, share with us! ... just one example! ... phone or messages maybe?

Almost forget ... running iOS 7 on i5 everything is ok (Weather, clock, location, etc) with the exception of the icons.
    Last edited by iPapeto; 02-03-2014 at 05:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To change the icons on the main page:
    Open iFile, iExplorer, or iFunbox and go to
    /var/mobile/Library/Dreamboard/Apex One/Icons
    And replace the icon of your choosing. Important: Make sure the icon size is the same (120 x 120) and that the file name is EXACTLY the same as well as .png format. I had my fair share of mistakes there haha.

Then I pretty much copied and pasted everything inside the 'icons' folder over to the following directory:
    /var/mobile/Library/Dreamboard/Apex One/Images/icons

To replace the clocks image:
    /var/mobile/Library/Dreamboard/Apex One/Images and replace 'ClockIconBackgroundSquare...' file with one of your choosing.
    Then /var/mobile/Library/Dreamboard/Apex One/Widgets/Clock and replace the 'Base.png' image.

I think that's it for the most part. I hope that helps and works for you.
    I feel like I'm missing one thing, but if it comes to me I'll be sure to share it.

Thanks !!! ... but, in which iOS are you? ... iPhone 5s?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPapeto View Post
    Thanks !!! ... but, in which iOS are you? ... iPhone 5s?
    Sorry, It's running on iPhone 5 GSM 7.0.4 - 5.02.00 firmware.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast