+ Reply
Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1319

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone 5 New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Krima If u paid for it and and u r modding it yourself it's fine to use it for yourself. Don't let people like Erikjames bully u
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    If u paid for it and and u r modding it yourself it's fine to use it for yourself. Don't let people like Erikjames bully u into not even showing your home screen.

You never said u were going to share and he still gave u a completely unnecessary warning. I think people get too uptight with this stuff. If u are selling or sharing other stuff that is from a paid theme then I would say be careful. But just showing your screenshot should be totally acceptable.
    Ok thanks, I didnt want to ruffle anybodies feathers. I love this community and am just trying to learn more so I can contribute

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You can do what ever you want to them, as long as you don't post them on a forum for sharing or on cydia. Feel free to post any screen shots of what you have done. If you post screen shots, you may just want to put a disclaimer like:

Not for share, icons from XYZ theme.

This will usually prevent the icon police from harassing you.
    Ok thanks for the advice!

No say I make an icon using the frame from this theme, I can share that no problem right??? I just see so many people sharing icons that are from other sources all over the internet and they never get hated on so I was kind of thrown off guard.
    ---

You are only confined by the walls you put up yourself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lynx83 For This Useful Post:

Krima (08-07-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,844 Times in 6,155 Posts

@Lynx

Yes, if you make your own icon and then frame it using the frame from the theme, feel free to share at will!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    They were SHARED.
    Hey bro, even if they were shared, it doesn't change the advice that Krima and I gave. I did not see them shared on this thread. If they were shared on another thread, I'm sure someone said something. Lets cut the dude a break, he said that he is new and trying to figure out the correct protocol. Hopefully he's good to go now and understands the unwritten rules of theme element sharing.

You know I luv ya Al!!!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 08-07-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), Krima (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,838 Times in 3,681 Posts

@ Brian : He's asking about sharing icons from Noki here just because they're put in this theme's frame and you say yes ?

@ Krima : elite6. It's alright, the post has been edited. Just FYI.

I wouldn't mind if icons I did were reused for other themes, with credit given or not. But a paid theme's icons shouldn't be shared. End of story. And Jay would agree.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-07-2013), meth357 (09-28-2013)

Thanks

@Al

I did not say that. I said that if its an icon that he creates and then puts it in a themes frame, that it is perfectly acceptable. Otherwise there would be no icon sharing at all!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), Krima (08-07-2013)

Thanks

Of course. The thing is if the icons hadn't been recognized being from Noki, anyone would have thought they were made by Lynx from reading his posts. That's a thing we blame.

Any original artwork can be shared if its not p0rn, we all know that, and Lynx wasn't asking about that. No need to keep an artistic blur on the fact. It's a form of piracy. In no instance this should it be considered alright.
    Free. For all devices.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,536 Times in 2,381 Posts

@ Brian : He's asking about sharing icons from Noki here just because they're put in this theme's frame and you say yes ?

@ Krima : elite6. It's alright, the post has been edited. Just FYI.

I wouldn't mind if icons I did were reused for other themes, with credit given or not. But a paid theme's icons shouldn't be shared. End of story. And Jay would agree.
    I don't think King and I made the case that its ok to share paid work. I just wish people would consider the intentions of people and not judge them as if they have malicious intent. The person clearly is enthusiastic about learning and is getting involved with wanting to contribute. To me it seemed that he was being warned just for showing a screenshot by Erikjames which is amazingly ridiculous.

I know you Alfroggy have a lot of respect for people's work and you just want to make sure things stay pure but my comment was mostly directed at the warning for no reason.

Of course. The thing is if the icons hadn't been recognized being from Noki, anyone would have thought they were made by Lynx from reading his posts. That's a thing we blame.

Any original artwork can be shared if its not p0rn, we all know that, and Lynx wasn't asking about that. No need to keep an artistic blur on the fact. It's a form of piracy. In no instance this should it be considered alright.
    So every time someone shows a screenshot they should list every icon that is from another theme just to make sure that on the off chance someone "might" assume that it's their own work? Well if this is the new standard than I am in big trouble because I use many icons from themes I paid for to show my current setup. I guess that is considered piracy now so, everyone, I am a PIRATE even though I have spent a lot of money supporting developers and theme creators. I don't get this rationale man. You know I have respect for you Al but I very much disagree with your position here.
    Last edited by Krima; 08-07-2013 at 10:19 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), King_O_Hill (08-07-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes this was my fault and as a professional photographer I should have known better! I apologize, I did use some (not all) of the inlay from noki, but I did add my own style to them. Either way I shouldn't have shared it.
    ---

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lynx83 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), King_O_Hill (08-07-2013), Krima (08-07-2013)

Thanks

Ok we're good buds, no offense taken I hope.

So every time someone shows a screenshot they should list every icon that is from another theme just to make sure that on the off chance someone "might" assume that it's their own work? Well if this is the new standard than I am in big trouble because I use many icons from themes I paid for to show my current setup. I guess that is considered piracy now so, everyone, I am a PIRATE even though I have spent a lot of money supporting developers and theme creators. I don't get this rationale man. You know I have respect for you Al but I very much disagree with your position here.
    Screenshots aren't relevant. You can make icons from anyone for your own use, and show them in screenshots. Sharing them as individual icons is past the border.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 08-07-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    Free. For all devices.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-07-2013), Krima (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 435 Posts

Weathericon 6 theme is live in Cydia! It may have been packaged incorrectly. Create a "Bundles" folder and move the "com.ashman.WeatherIcon" in it. Thanks Truck!
    Mors Ab Alto

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prymeh For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), Happy363 (08-07-2013), King_O_Hill (08-07-2013)

Thanks

@Alfroggy. I understand what u mean by sharing. I was hung up on just showing a screenshot and the expectation that u should list every icon that isn't original.

I meant no disrespect, I hope we are all good. It's fun to have a little back and forth every now and again. Of course, in my case it seems to be a little too often. .

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), Happy363 (08-07-2013), King_O_Hill (08-07-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

MiOS 7-pics.png
    MiOS 7-base-icon.png

Here are two icons I made myself

Note: The picture used on the Photos icon was taken by ME so I give myself permission to use it.
    ---

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lynx83 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), elilab (08-07-2013), Fattone66 (08-07-2013), ic0nik (08-20-2013), King_O_Hill (08-07-2013), Krima (08-07-2013), prymeh (08-07-2013), wrussell1989 (08-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx83 View Post
    Attachment 645487
    Attachment 645488

Note: The picture used on the Photos icon was taken by ME so I give myself permission to use it.
    I don't know about that man. I think I saw someone use that shade of white before. May want to take this down.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), King_O_Hill (08-07-2013), Lynx83 (08-07-2013), wrussell1989 (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 698 Posts

For some reason truck weather icon is not working through winterboard? All I did is copy bundle and drop in main theme bundles!

Looks awsome!

Quite frankly have no idea why someone would wanna change these beautiful icons!

Looking forward to trucks bite theme now!
    Last edited by Happy363; 08-07-2013 at 10:50 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy363 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), Karoonchai (08-07-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me FiVe5tArPlAy3r's Avatar
    Thanks

Go get you some of that Weather Icon it's Alive on cydia.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 2,038 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy363 View Post
    For some reason truck weather icon is not working through winterboard? All I did is copy bundle and drop in main theme bundles!

Looks awsome!

Quite frankly have no idea why someone would wanna change these beautiful icons!

Looking forward to trucks bite theme now!
    It's fixed!
    I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the loony bin together. I don't give a ****!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=jfriends4438%40gmai  l%2ecom&lc=US&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsB  F%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truckinlow For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), elilab (08-07-2013), Happy363 (08-07-2013), King_O_Hill (08-07-2013)

Thanks

I meant no disrespect, I hope we are all good. It's fun to have a little back and forth every now and again. Of course, in my case it seems to be a little too often. .
    I don't know about that man. I think I saw someone use that shade of white before. May want to take this down.
    Lol Krima you made me literally laugh. You're right, we're all good !
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx83 View Post
    Attachment 645487
    Attachment 645488

They're great man ! Sorry for being a pain to you, you're cool, and I like it.
    Free. For all devices.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Krima (08-07-2013)

Thanks

Hey Al, just so you know, Krima is just an azz in addition to being gay. That's why he is the way that he is.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hey Al, just so you know, Krima is just an azz in addition to being gay. That's why he is the way that he is.
    How dare you sir. Where is Simon, I would like to report abuse. I am not gay... I only have a single male attraction towards Johnny Depp. That's not gay, right?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), meth357 (09-28-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Lol Krima you made me literally laugh. You're right, we're all good !

They're great man ! Sorry for being a pain to you, you're cool, and I like it.
    Dude no worries, trust me the last thing I want to do is infringe and step on peoples toes. I got it squared away now
    ---

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lynx83 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-07-2013), King_O_Hill (08-07-2013), Krima (08-07-2013)

Thanks

How dare you sir. Where is Simon, I would like to report abuse. I am not gay... I only have a single male attraction towards Johnny Depp. That's not gay, right?
    What's wrong in being gay ? I'm gay. So is Marvin.
    Free. For all devices.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-07-2013)