Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Test Your Lockscreen, Springboard or iWidget Using Chrome

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 659 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, you open the .HTML file.

Is it iph4 only, or does it auto detect which device?
    It is i4 only

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    It is i4 only
    You would need to resize any images and then adjust the top values in the CSS file.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (11-01-2013), nik1975 (05-07-2013)

Bump someone looking for this

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,559 Times in 7,112 Posts

Not sure if you posted this yet King, I took a quick look through the thread but didn't see it (could have missed it). A quick (and dirty) way to test for i4 using your browser. Find the code in your js file that detects i5 or i4 and up the value to 1000. That will make the browser use the i4 version. For example in uniaw in the main js near the top:

if (screen.height > 500) {var iPhoneType = "iph5";} else {var iPhoneType = "iph4";}

change to

if (screen.height > 1000) {var iPhoneType = "iph5";} else {var iPhoneType = "iph4";}

Just don't forget to change it back after testing lol.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Azon3 (04-05-2014), chevymusclecar (10-11-2014), It's Mi (10-07-2013), King_O_Hill (05-22-2013), RKO1195 (05-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not sure if you posted this yet King, I took a quick look through the thread but didn't see it (could have missed it). A quick (and dirty) way to test for i4 using your browser. Find the code in your js file that detects i5 or i4 and up the value to 1000. That will make the browser use the i4 version. For example in uniaw in the main js near the top:

if (screen.height > 500) {var iPhoneType = "iph5";} else {var iPhoneType = "iph4";}

change to

if (screen.height > 1000) {var iPhoneType = "iph5";} else {var iPhoneType = "iph4";}

Just don't forget to change it back after testing lol.
    I thought I posted it like this:

var iPhoneType= iph4

But your way is even easier

Thanks bro

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-11-2014), It's Mi (11-01-2013), Simon (05-22-2013)

Hi guys. I'm really hoping you can help. I'm on Win 7 using Chrome trying to get the latest UniAW6.3 LS to open so I can mod.

No luck! Other widgets open fine. King, you've seen me make similar posts like this in the past. Not sure what the @#$%^ is going wrong!?

Can someone else with Chrome and Win 7 confirm it opens for them no problem??

My gut feeling tells me it has something to do with the cookie portion of the code but that's just a guess.

TIA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hi guys. I'm really hoping you can help. I'm on Win 7 using Chrome trying to get the latest UniAW6.3 LS to open so I can mod.

No luck! Other widgets open fine. King, you've seen me make similar posts like this in the past. Not sure what the @#$%^ is going wrong!?

Can someone else with Chrome and Win 7 confirm it opens for them no problem??

My gut feeling tells me it has something to do with the cookie portion of the code but that's just a guess.

TIA

"CProgram Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-web-security --enable-file-cookies

?

Works fine for me on W8 and W7.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (08-24-2013), Azon3 (04-05-2014), chevymusclecar (10-11-2014), It's Mi (10-07-2013), King_O_Hill (05-29-2013), Marty McFly (05-29-2013), RKO1195 (05-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    "CProgram Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-web-security --enable-file-cookies

?

Works fine for me on W8 and W7.
    Dacal, you are absolutely amazing sir! Adding the "--enable-file-cookies" totally did it! Man, you are a genius!! Thank you so very VERY much!!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-11-2014), King_O_Hill (05-29-2013)

Wow what a great thread,this will certainly help,cheers King👍

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulldog5278 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-15-2013)

This thread really launched my serious coding endeavors. Superb help..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Bulldog5278 (12-15-2013)

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help. I'm working with Durben's amazing analog clock iWidget from the e6 theme. I'm trying to get it going in Chrome on my desktop. Not having much luck. So I know to open iWidgets with Chrome, you need to create a config.js and then reference it in the html file. Done that

The widget opens and I can alter settings in the config.js file and see the changes. It's just the animated hour, second and minute hands that I'm not seeing. It works totally fine on my phone but just can't get those parts to appear on my desktop in Chrome. Driving me nuts!!!

Been playing with z-index and a few other things but again, works fine on phone so must be something else right? Durben suggested that maybe the type of animation used doesn't work in Chrome? Any thoughts? Thanks so much in advance for anyone still keeping an eye on this thread.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-23-2013)

Hey bro!

I'm put right now, but I'm fairly sure that I've had similar clock files working. They may have been full screen, not iWidgets. I just can't remember. I will check later.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hey bro!

I'm put right now, but I'm fairly sure that I've had similar clock files working. They may have been full screen, not iWidgets. I just can't remember. I will check later.
    Awesome. Thanks man.

EDIT: I got it bro! Have a look at the code below from the "Styles.css" file. #sec, #min & #hour each have two entries - one specifically for the image url. I combined them into one entry each and bang! All is great now!!

Code:
    #hour{
    position:absolute; width:200px; height:200px; z-index:151;
    -webkit-transition:-webkit-transform 1s linear;
    background-size:200px 200px;
    }

#min{
    position:absolute; top:1px; width:200px; height:200px; z-index:150;
    }

#sec{
    position:absolute; width:214px; height:214px; z-index:150;
    background-size:214px 214px; top:-7px; left:-7px;
    -webkit-transition: -webkit-transform 1s linear;
    }

#hour{background: url(Images/hourHand.png);}
    #min{background: url(Images/minuteHand.png);}
    #sec{background: url(Images/secondHand.png);}
    Changed to:

Code:
    #hour{
    background: url(Images/hourHand.png); position:absolute; width:200px; height:200px; z-index:151;
    }

#min{
    background: url(Images/minuteHand.png); position:absolute; top:1px; width:200px; height:200px; z-index:150;
    }

#sec{
    background: url(Images/secondHand.png); position:absolute; width:214px; height:214px; z-index:150;
    background-size:214px 214px; top:-7px; left:-7px;
    -webkit-transition: -webkit-transform 1s linear;
    }

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Azon3 (04-05-2014), King_O_Hill (12-23-2013), RKO1195 (12-25-2013)

Very nice find bro! Sorry, very busy day as you can imagine and I'm heading out now to pick up new ping pong table so I'm ready for the Chinese!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (12-24-2013), mfisherbsu (04-02-2014), RKO1195 (12-25-2013)

Good stuff here, thanks for sharing! I've learned a lot in the last hour or two. I have Dacal's Yahoo LS V2.3 working on chrome now; and learning can continue.....I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!

The new era of LS widget with widget weather etc has changed the code quite a bit it seems. Can this widget update automatically on Chrome using a woeid or gps cords similar to how it was described in the location.js file? Or, do I have to copy over ww.xml files manually each time?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to mfisherbsu For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-02-2014)

Unfortunately, the XML file is unique to iOS. So unless you can parse the json feed into the exact format, your out of luck.

Sounds like I need to update this and see about making a tool to create the XML file.

Thanks bro!

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Azon3 (04-04-2014), mfisherbsu (04-02-2014), RKO1195 (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,114 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well done, Brian! Very helpful! On Mac it's pretty much identical when using Chrome except on Macs you don't have to disable Web security.

There's also an amazing app for Mac only called TacoHTML Edit (paid) that has live preview in it - no need for hitting refresh button after each change.
    Hi NewD. Could you please shed some light on this. I couldn't get the below Lock Screen to display my weather info until I disabled web security on mac. I was looking for an easy way to do this (like the modified shortcut on windows) but I'm having to run the following via command line each time I want to test a widget. Any insight as to why it isn't working by default (as you suggest) is much appreciated. Thank you.

Code:
    open -a Google\ Chrome --args --disable-web-security
    The widget can be found here, if this is a specific case. Thank you.
    McFly CutConcept LockScreen

Default Test Your Lockscreen, Springboard or iWidget Using Chrome
    I don't use Chrome to test my widgets, SK.. Sorry. I use an app for Mac called TacoHTML Edit as I mentioned in the text portion you quoted.

The widget testing is done INSIDE the app TacoHTML on a Mac.

But I was able to open my widget in Chrome for Mac without having to disable Web Security.

But your best bet is to switch to TacoHTML Edit - it's free.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-10-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (10-11-2014)

Sorry Sk3tch, I don't have a Mac. I relied on others to feed me that info. But I would have still assumed that you need to disable the web security.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,114 Times in 1,871 Posts

It's all good. I was thrown by ND's first paragraph. "On Mac it's pretty much identical when using Chrome except on Macs you don't have to disable web security."

I use DreamWeaver, as it's what I've been educated in, so I don't really need Taco (I have it though, and Aptana). I couldn't get the live preview to work with that widget in any editor. Chrome does however show, and pull data from the XML, only with web security disabled.

I spent about 10hrs all up, thinking it was something in the JS I had to change. I was thinking "NewD knows what he's talking about", so I never once thought to disable anything in chrome. Maybe it's the way I read it, but to me it's suggesting that chrome on mac doesn't need web security disabled. Maybe it should read "on Mac you can test through live preview INSIDE Taco.

It's the separated paragraph that starts "There's also an amazing app for Mac only called TacoHTML" that's confusing. It makes it sound like it's "also" another great option, that differs from previewing in chrome (as suggested by the first paragraph).

Anyway, as I said...several hours later and I found the answer myself, so it's all good. I come from a security background before iOS... so a shell command is no issues for me.

Thank you.

Edit: I see ND posted "I *was* able to open *my* widget in chrome without disabling Web Security." That's why I posted the link to *my* widget.... as often we see inconsistencies between one user and another. Wondering if you tried this widget ND, and if there's perhaps some reason why there's so many HTML Dev's still needing to disable web security for testing on Mac. I wouldn't have found my answer if there wasn't already people needing the same thing.

I can see this all coming back on me, and the way I read the original comment. Maybe it may help clarify if ND changed his post to "But if by some chance you do need to disable web-security in chrome (as I've since been informed this may be the case for some users), then it can be done like so.....". It would also be a good time to clarify the free/paid status of Taco. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 10-11-2014 at 12:45 AM.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-11-2014), Krima (10-11-2014), Marty McFly (10-11-2014)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast